Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Coming Home
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Coming Home Dedicated to discussions about our loved ones that are coming home soon. Discussions here should not fit any other category.

Old 08-29-2016, 09:36 AM
Almost there!

Default This is almost over...

Just a hair over 2 months and he will be home. I don't know how we've gotten through without going crazy...prayers, positive thoughts, visits I guess all helped...but we are almost done with this. I can't believe this nightmare will be over soon. Not counting the time has been CRUCIAL too. It drags so much more if you diligently count the days.

His attorney tried to call and reach him the other day. Not sure what THAT is about but they have a call tomorrow morning set up. The only open issue we know of was that she was trying to lower his restitution. Now I am a little nervous; what if they're trying to extend his sentence or something....?? But then again I doubt it. Other than that, if that's nothing, he will be HOME soon!!! Woohoo!!!
Old 08-29-2016, 12:23 PM

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 3,254 Times in 1,545 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByHisSide2016 View Post
Just a hair over 2 months and he will be home. I don't know how we've gotten through without going crazy...prayers, positive thoughts, visits I guess all helped...but we are almost done with this. I can't believe this nightmare will be over soon. Not counting the time has been CRUCIAL too. It drags so much more if you diligently count the days.

His attorney tried to call and reach him the other day. Not sure what THAT is about but they have a call tomorrow morning set up. The only open issue we know of was that she was trying to lower his restitution. Now I am a little nervous; what if they're trying to extend his sentence or something....?? But then again I doubt it. Other than that, if that's nothing, he will be HOME soon!!! Woohoo!!!
Congrats on being almost done and hopefully the call from the attorney was for something positive! I definitely agree with you that time flies by faster if you don't focus on the time. I've noticed too much that these last few months are dragging because I think I am focusing on the end much more than before. I had to be content when he had more time left because I knew I'd have a hard time if I didn't, but now that the end is in sight, I'm going stir-crazy lol. I have to try hard not to look at my countdown timer lol, but sometimes it's inspiring to see it go down from 5 years to now in the 4 month range. Good luck to you and be sure you come and update us when you figure out why the attorney called. Crossing my fingers!

GO CUBS GO!!!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to blah8705 For This Useful Post:
ByHisSide2016 (08-30-2016)
Old 08-29-2016, 12:30 PM
Almost there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blah8705 View Post
Congrats on being almost done and hopefully the call from the attorney was for something positive! I definitely agree with you that time flies by faster if you don't focus on the time. I've noticed too much that these last few months are dragging because I think I am focusing on the end much more than before. I had to be content when he had more time left because I knew I'd have a hard time if I didn't, but now that the end is in sight, I'm going stir-crazy lol. I have to try hard not to look at my countdown timer lol, but sometimes it's inspiring to see it go down from 5 years to now in the 4 month range. Good luck to you and be sure you come and update us when you figure out why the attorney called. Crossing my fingers!
Exactly!! Like I told him, I can just feel it, just TASTE it now it's so close. It is VERY hard not to just watch watch watch!! But It gets to be such a habit while they're gone that you just have to step back and remind yourself not to.

Well, at the close of his case, there was a disagreement about the amount of restitution. His attorney had said she would fight it; I honestly thought she would just forget about it (and him) once it was all over. I THINK it could be about that; of course the worst popped into my mind thinking maybe he got time added on or what not; but another user assured me that would be difficult to make happen. So I am trying to put that from my mind.
Old 08-29-2016, 03:17 PM

Congrats
Old 08-30-2016, 06:59 AM
Almost there!

Thank you! He has his attorney call in a little while. I am on pins and needles for some reason. It can't be BAD...but I am still a wreck lol.
Old 08-30-2016, 08:13 AM

Thanked 2,905 Times in 1,784 Posts

Keep us posted
Old 08-30-2016, 08:16 AM
Almost there!

Oh I will. My nerves are a wreck...I've been on Google all morning trying to figure out why she might have called. I'm the world's worst panick-er (if that's a word....) I always think of the worst events. The prosecutors appealed it and got longer....he did something bad that he wasn't aware of and got longer....anything crazy, has popped into my head.

I'll keep y'all posted.
Old 08-30-2016, 10:38 AM
Almost there!

Whew...it was just about the restitution; the appeal kinda flopped but he's gonna try again. I knew that's what it was but the anxiety was getting me lol. He's still set to come home in 2 months Yay!
Old 08-30-2016, 12:26 PM

Yay!! 2 months?! how long have you been waiting? So glad the call was nothing negative! Keep us posted-so exciting to hear about our LOs coming home!
Old 08-30-2016, 12:29 PM

Quote:

I'm so pleased for you both
Old 08-30-2016, 12:37 PM
Almost there!

He's only been in since January...nothing compared to what some have been facing...but it feels like a lifetime. Every minute is painful in some way....but knowing it's almost over makes us both feel like we're floating. Then we can get ON with our lives!!!
Old 08-30-2016, 05:59 PM

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 3,254 Times in 1,545 Posts

Quote:
Exactly!! Like I told him, I can just feel it, just TASTE it now it's so close. It is VERY hard not to just watch watch watch!! But It gets to be such a habit while they're gone that you just have to step back and remind yourself not to.

Well, at the close of his case, there was a disagreement about the amount of restitution. His attorney had said she would fight it; I honestly thought she would just forget about it (and him) once it was all over. I THINK it could be about that; of course the worst popped into my mind thinking maybe he got time added on or what not; but another user assured me that would be difficult to make happen. So I am trying to put that from my mind.
I definitely agree with that! I've been doing this for over 4 1/2 years, so the fact that it's finally almost done feels surreal. I never ever ever thought I'd get used to him being gone, but it's become my new normal. The majority of our relationship has officially been spent with him on the inside now than the outside, but I definitely can NOT wait until that gets turned around.

Summer has always been my favorite season and it's always been the one that I never wanted to end, yet now that we're right around the corner from September, I'm excited. I'm ready to get the holidays done and over with too, because his release date will be amazing!

I read your latest update and I'm happy that the call was only about the restitution. Now you can breathe a big sigh of relief and keep on keeping on!

GO CUBS GO!!!!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blah8705 For This Useful Post:
ByHisSide2016 (09-01-2016), CristinaR (08-30-2016)
Old 08-30-2016, 07:10 PM
Almost there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blah8705 View Post
I definitely agree with that! I've been doing this for over 4 1/2 years, so the fact that it's finally almost done feels surreal. I never ever ever thought I'd get used to him being gone, but it's become my new normal. The majority of our relationship has officially been spent with him on the inside now than the outside, but I definitely can NOT wait until that gets turned around.

Summer has always been my favorite season and it's always been the one that I never wanted to end, yet now that we're right around the corner from September, I'm excited. I'm ready to get the holidays done and over with too, because his release date will be amazing!

I read your latest update and I'm happy that the call was only about the restitution. Now you can breathe a big sigh of relief and keep on keeping on!
Oh yes, you got that right. We pretty much knew that's what it was about, but until you know for sure you're going to worry.
I knew about what had happened in his past before we ever met, and I knew that all of this was a possibility. We never thought that it would actually go this far, where he ended up serving time, but I did know that it was a possibility, and I decided to stay with him because I love him and because all this happened before we ever met. It had nothing to do with me, and he made one mistake which I was more than willing to forgive. We had been together just before two years when he went in. So in reality this is only a small time away from each other, but it seems like forever.
I'm so glad your ordeal is almost over. That feeling is indescribable...
Old 08-30-2016, 07:56 PM

So happy it wasn't bad. Two months will fly by
Old 09-01-2016, 03:36 AM
Almost there!

Yes it will! And I'm here by myself and we have a hurricane headed dead for where we live at. Times like this I really really really wish he was r home even more than usual LOL. I'm deathly afraid of bad weather, and this thing isn't going to be pretty.
Old 09-01-2016, 08:30 AM

Oh no
Old 09-16-2016, 10:20 AM
Almost there!

And another plus, that he just found out, was that what the first counselor told him was wrong. They were saying I can't pick him up, he would be riding a bus home. BUT the new one he spoke to said, since I am in his presentence report, that I can go pick him up. WHOOHOO!!!
Old 09-16-2016, 10:58 AM

Yay not much longer. So happy for you.
Old 09-16-2016, 05:50 PM
Donation Award 

are you starting to get anxious? I know I am!

The Following User Says Thank You to TexasChick92 For This Useful Post:
ByHisSide2016 (09-21-2016)
Old 09-21-2016, 09:02 AM
Almost there!

Thank you! And YES I am lol!! I'm like, what if the house doesn't look clean and straight enough? The pets I got while he's been gone, what if he doesn't like them? What if I'm not as hot to him as I was when he left? I am so happy anxious it's not even funny lol. Just over a month and we are DONE!! November 1
Old 09-21-2016, 09:54 PM
Donation Award 

October 27th and we're done! My birthday is November 1st so needless to say it will be a great day for me! How long has he been gone? Mine will be gone 7 years... by the time I go get to pick him up! And yes, completely anxious here... and then when I really get to thinking about it, I start getting nervous. So then I just do the whole" I gotta stop thinking about all of the the what ifs or I'm going to go crazy!"

Old 09-22-2016, 03:33 PM
Almost there!

He has only been gone since January. Seems like forever yet yesterday at the same time. It's all been the longest, drawn out blur I could imagine. I just sucked it up and trucked on, taking care of things and resolving myself that there was nothing to do BUT get through it and just live day to day until he's home. Now we're down to the final weeks...I just can't believe it. On your birthday I'll be picking him up Happy bday!!