Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Drug & Alcohol Treatment & Rehabilitation > Friends & Families of Addicts
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Friends & Families of Addicts Information for coping, dealing & living with a loved one's addictive behavior.

Old 10-17-2011, 08:58 PM

Default Treatment for marijuana addiction?

My 17-year-old son was smoking multiple blunts a day until he got locked up about a month ago. He says he has been clean since then, and, based on how he is talking, I believe him. He also says he doesn't have any desire to go back to smoking--he hated himself and his life when he was getting high, he feels better emotionally now that he is clean. BUT, I know that it is easy to say all those things and harder to stick to it in the face of all the daily stressors and temptations that get thrown at you. Do you think that you have to go to inpatient substance abuse treatment to get over a marijuana addiction? Could you do it outpatient?

It might not matter...I am really praying that my son will get sentenced to treatment rather than incarceration, as he was arrested on a drug offense and his lawyer is trying to get him into a diversion program. In which case, he will do whatever kind of treatment the judge orders him to do. But I am just curious if anyone here has experience with this...is it just as hard to recover from marijuana addiction as it is from other drugs?
Sponsored Links