Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OHIO > Ohio Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ohio Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Ohio Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 07-29-2018, 08:10 PM

Question Do you call the case manager to be removed from someones visitation list

Hello there, everyone. Hope you're all having a great day!! I was on an inmate's visiting list last year and came to see him and he came home. He was re-arrested not three months after being released because he just doesn't learn and he won't listen. I told him he would get one chance when he came home to prove to himself and everyone else if he could do it, and even if he couldn't, that he at least tried. Well, he didn't try, it was all smoke and mirrors and he lied, big shock, huh? Anyway, he's back in prison and I'm on his visit list because they transferred his old list from his last incarceration. Of course, because of this, he's calling me and writing and wanting money on his books, etc. I've heard of people doing using the name of someone on their visiting list and having someone else use that person's name and make a connectnetwork account to put money into their trust fund and I don't want any part of it, so I want removed from his visitor's list because I have no plans to see him, I have removed him from Jpay and have blocked the institution's phone number from my phone and blocked calls from that institution. I want to make sure I am no longer on his list so he can't do anything with my name. Do you contact his case manager or do you email the institution, (Belmont) to have yourself removed from his list? I would not say anything bad about him to them, just that I no longer want to be on his visit list and have decided that no contact is needed with him further. It's funny, the whole time he was out, he and I broke up after a week of him being home after being locked up for four years. He went right back into his old life after he promised that prison broke him and he wanted nothing more than me in his life. He didn't even try when he came home and if he would have, I would have been right there to support him. So we break up and guess what? Never heard from him until when? He got arrested again and then he called and it was the "I love you so much and I just want to be with you, and you shouldn't have left me, blah blah blah." Didn't take a rocket scientist to see that I am only useful to him when everyone else has abandoned him now that he's locked up. My answer to him was "where are all those girls who were there when you came home? Seems like they all disappeared the minute you got locked up and you decided to give old trusting me a call." So yeah, sorry for the long explanation, I just wanted to vent, ha ha! But I'm good and I dealt with our breakup last year and I'm doing well. I see no reason to keep in contact with him though. Ladies, all I ask is to go into every relationship with anyone whether incarcerated or not, with open eyes. Sometimes love blinds us and the question you have to ask yourself and it's what I asked myself is "If you have to make excuses for your man's behavior, then something isn't right." It's what made me realize I was blinded by love and empty promises. You should never have to make excuses for why your man or woman did what they did or do what they do. Always go in with your eyes wide open and your walls up!! Love to you all as we all struggle with having our loved ones behind bars.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2018, 09:48 PM

Thanked 1,078 Times in 542 Posts

I know for federal, when I've had to help people get added to my husband's list, the forms have had to be mailed back to his counselor there. Also, because my husband needed to be deposed for a civil case and his lawyer plus all the plaintiff's lawyers had to go on HIS visitor list, which really pissed us off, because he didn't want them to be on his list, they too had to go through the counselor. It made no sense that my husband had to agree to put lawyers on his list that are suing him. The good news is that the minute he was deposed he was able to remove them.

Thus, I would contact the prison and ask to speak to a counselor and go from there. If you can't get anywhere that way, then I would contact the warden directly.

If the system to contact you is corrlinks, then you should be able to remove yourself from that directly when you receive an email as I've noticed there is a way to block that.

Good luck!
Old 07-29-2018, 10:20 PM

Thank you so much! I did remove him from my online account but I think I do have to call his case manager in order to get myself off his visitation list. So sorry you had to go through all of that with your husband. That really isn't right having those attorney's on there!! The way things get done sometimes really doesn't make any sense does it? Thank you again for your reply! <3
Old 07-30-2018, 11:15 AM

Thanked 1,078 Times in 542 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnML36 View Post
Thank you so much! I did remove him from my online account but I think I do have to call his case manager in order to get myself off his visitation list. So sorry you had to go through all of that with your husband. That really isn't right having those attorney's on there!! The way things get done sometimes really doesn't make any sense does it? Thank you again for your reply! <3
It's ok, he was at least notified when they were removed, and now they can't get back on for 3 months or whatever it is, if they tried.

It's just a whole rigmarole.