Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Drug & Alcohol Treatment & Rehabilitation > Friends & Families of Addicts
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Friends & Families of Addicts Information for coping, dealing & living with a loved one's addictive behavior.

Old 09-03-2011, 01:18 PM

Default Weed addiction.... is it that bad?

I have been thinking alot about this over the last few days.

My ex bf is addicted to weed. I didnt realise it was so bad until recently. he revealed he smokes from 3 to 5 blunt of weed every day. more if he has the money. strong weed. he also drinks way too much alcohol but i guess ill leave that for another post.

The line between harmful use and addictiob is so fine. i believe he is an addict because he would rather get weed than eat good quality food. they say addiction is genetic (well a predisposition) and I believe that is true as his dad was a drug addict and any sane person would see look its affecting my life negatively I need help to stop.

I guess I'm glad he's not a craxk addict btbstill he lights up as soon as he gets out of bed. he always smells of weed and looks high and no wonder he csnt get a job... who wants to emply someone who looks and smells high. It also makes him lazy... as he just doesnt care about anything when hes high. he just wants to get money in a quick angd easy way and then buy weed.

I dont thinj weed culture is so bad say for rastafarians as its part of their culture and they create art etc for a living... not that all of them do but if u don't have ur own apartment or anything to show for urself u shudnt be smoking weed. if u got a good job and u can affourd to smoke n u smoke socially the way ppl drink socially then i think its fine and thag it shud even be legalised... but to be high all day..... thats like being drunk all day and its a freaking sick addiction that makes me sick. I know y he does it it makes him feel good but their is more to life than getting high.

Ways so sad is that he said he wudnt oppose to his son smoking and that he wud help his son get weed if his son wanted to smoke. what the hell. the negative associations ppl link with weed make it negative so y make ur life so difficult.

I know i cnt help n i will not bother. he said he will never ever stop smoking.... its sad and i pray he doesn't move on to something stronger in the future. I just wish he wud c that its bad. its so anti social because he cnt make friends with people who don't smoke as hes always smoking weed therefore his entire circle is full of waste men and chicks. Just wanted to vent.

Ways ur views on weed guys?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2011, 06:18 PM
Onto the next hurdle

Thanked 4,504 Times in 2,068 Posts

Addiction, to the point where it's having an adverse effect on your life and ablitly to take care and provide for yourself and your family is a serious problem. That goes for anything...drugs, alcohol, hording, food, exercise....it's taking it to the extremes when it becomes a problem.

My guy's a dope fiend. He started with weed in high school and branched off from there. He's actually permantently altered his brain chemistry to the point he's going to need to be on some kind of medication for the rest of his life just to feel "normal." It's no joke. Myself, I've never even "not" inhaled. Just haven't ever done any drugs. I had a boyfriend when I was in my 20's and he was in his 30's and he was a pothead. He had all these "goals" he wanted to do with his life, and would rather spend the money on weed than furthering his education or doing the work needed to get ahead. I had a hard time respecting him after that, he had no ambition and wasn't even trying. That's been my experience with others who have done drugs.

Old 09-03-2011, 11:45 PM
Crazy Cajun Super Moderator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member PTO Super Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 18,029 Times in 7,073 Posts

What's my view on weed?

Well, I think just like anything else, it can be abused. Many many moons ago, I did smoke every now and then. I gave it up for a lot of reasons. I hated the paranoid feeling I got when I was coming down. I also hated how tired it made me feel when I was coming down.

I gave it up because I had other priorities in my life.