Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > BREAK TIME > The Spiritual Connection
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2017, 06:53 AM

Why don't you accept that not all people on PTO do believe in your religion? You are on the World Wide Web
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2017, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raf's Girl View Post
Why don't you accept that not all people on PTO do believe in your religion? You are on the World Wide Web
When Paul was in prison, do you think Paul was happy? When peace of mind is based solely on circumstances, depression is the ultimate end for all. A mind-set of glorious joy can only begin with a proper understanding of Godís glorious grace. Understanding peace with God, fully understanding, comprehending, appropriating and appreciating peace with God is that which allows the peace of God to rule our minds. Therefore, we need to govern our emotions. Grace is the fountain head of joy.
2 Timothy 2:15, approved where? At the Judgement Seat of the Savior. A workman worthy of Godís praise rightly dividing the word of truth.
Old 03-19-2017, 07:22 AM

I will leave you alone. Happy monolog
Old 03-19-2017, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raf's Girl View Post
I will leave you alone. Happy monolog
Religiondom of our day is best described as the Corinthians epistle equally the Galatians epistle. The same mind-set that led to the judgment Isaiah warned Israel about continues to operate within society today. It never went away. What took place during Isaiahís day was true of Paulís day, the Corinthian assemblies were a prime example. And it didnít end there. It continues on in our day, the same inner mind-set, that same sin nature at work in the human race throughout history. The more things change, the more they stay the same.
2 Timothy 2:15, approved where? At the Judgement Seat of the Savior. A workman worthy of Godís praise rightly dividing the word of truth.
Old 03-22-2017, 04:48 AM

Ministers of righteousness link practical righteousness with their salvation to some degree. Because according to them to walk after the flesh is to assign righteous credit to their fleshly conduct. They suppose that their behavior is the source of their right standing with God. They suppose that becoming more righteous in practice will make them more righteous in Godís sight. But from Adam onward people have been doing what seems right to a person in regard to having a relationship with God. Only one member of the entire human race has ever lived up to any system of rule-keeping for righteousness (Jesus). Yet, how many are attempting today to do what the human race before us was totally unable to do? How many people think they are measuring up to Godís standard today? 

Listen to the ministers of righteousness, the ones who donít think salvation comes quite so easily. They think that salvation is contingent upon works in their peoples life. They would equate sinfulness with salvation and thus link grace to license. They want a formula to give their people some guidelines and they can do A,B,C and their people will be doing the Christian life successfully. As a result, their peoples attitude is ďIím not going to do that, because that is bad,Ē or ďIím not going to do that, because I cannot do that and remain a Christian,Ē or ďIím going to do this, because God demands I do it,Ē or ďIím going to follow the rules, because God will accept me if I follow the rules faithfully.Ē NOW contrast a walking after the flesh attitude with the attitude of one who is walking after their identity in the Savior: ďIím not going to do that, because that is not who I am in the Savior, and that is not good for me and itís not good for the other person. These good deeds will not save me, they will not even help to keep me saved, but why spend my time wallowing in the mire that caused my Savior to have to die in the first place? I do not owe anything to this old flesh.Ē