Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MASSACHUSETTS > Massachusetts Parole, Probation, Halfway House and Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Massachusetts Parole, Probation, Halfway House and Community Service All information relating to parole, probation, halfway house, community service in Massachusetts should be posted here.

Old 12-13-2014, 11:29 PM

Default Parole with no place to go?

My son will be eligible foe parole in April but he will have no place to go I am his Mom and I currently live in Texas and I am not willing to relocate. he wants me to call sober houses for him for when he gets released do they not have case workers for this? I have this huge list of places I found on line some say they only take referrals from caseworkers detoxes ect .. I have no idea where to start! I would hate to see him stuck in there any longer than he has to be but I really don't think I am going to be able to find him a place to live on my own? He is North Darthmouth now ...anyone have any advice he can't be the only one that has needed housing assistance!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2014, 07:55 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 35,026 Times in 16,155 Posts

If your son has no approved homeplan, he'll be moved to a halfway house that the DOC chooses to send him to...one that has a DOC contract.

However, if you are willing to let him parole there with you, he can apply for Interstate Compact from Massachusetts to Texas. Its a long process with a timeline for filing. Your son should ask his caseworker for the paperwork, and inquire about the process/timeline for filing. If approved, he can come to your place in Texas at release.

Good luck!! Welcome to PTO

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 12-14-2014, 10:42 PM

Default Are the sober houses any good?

I have heard some mixed things lately about them ..honestly he is a bit scared go figured he is in jail but more frightened of a half way house ... He is in a drug program in jail ..I was told the interstate transfer takes to long and it would not be easy ..
Old 12-15-2014, 07:13 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 35,026 Times in 16,155 Posts

Just like anything else, some halfway houses are better than others.

If he isn't eligible for parole until April, he has plenty of time to file for Interstate Compact.

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 12-17-2014, 06:52 AM

So do I file prior? He thought I may have to wait until he actually gets parole
Old 12-17-2014, 11:44 AM
Always Remembered

PTO Super Moderator Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 

Thanked 30,833 Times in 11,078 Posts

He will have to talk to his counselor/case manager and get the ball rolling. You can't.
patchouli (12-17-2014)