Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 04-18-2011, 09:59 AM

Default Lompoc USP

Does anyone have any info. on Lompoc USP, my hunny has been designated to go there. He is from Texas and was told they are making anyone from Texas walk the yard. Has anyone else heard of this? He also said he would have to got to Oklahoma before being transferred to California and that they are doing the same there. I was just curious to know if there is any truth to this. I would hate for him to spend 18 months in seg. until he can get a transfer.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2011, 09:42 AM

Default Carpool to Lompoc?

I'm in the bay area, CA and go down to Lompoc, CA every month to 3 months to see my husband but with gas going up the drive is getting expensive and lonely. Anyone else wanna share expenses and go visit? I'm going again this month. (May)
Old 12-13-2011, 01:19 PM

Talking Lompoc Visiting Info

Can somewho who has visited recently provide me with some basic visiting information. My brother is in route and I am trying to get info such as the dress code, the time to show up, is there a line, can you make email or phone appts, how much money is allowed inside, can you take pics, and the visiting days. I read online Sat - Mon....are those days still good days.

I visit my husband but he is at a state facility not a federal facility and I understand they are totally different. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Happy Holidays!!!
Old 12-21-2011, 07:21 PM

Does anyone know if Lompoc is on lockdown? I have a friend there and have not had a Corrlinks e-mail in almost a week. Thanks
Old 12-22-2011, 06:29 PM

Hi I'm not on my desktop but I can tell you if you Google search LOCKDOWN you should find result with -!!!- after. Choose that result and it'll tie you all fed locations lockdown status also the page has an option on the left side to choose Daily Reports which will summarize what happened. Hope this helps.
Old 12-22-2011, 09:53 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 8,378 Times in 4,637 Posts

The prison guard union's lockdown page never includes a lot of the west coast prisons, including Lompoc. You'd do better to check with others who have inmates there - or call and ask if there is visiting this weekend. Or you could also read the local newspaper, the Lompoc Record, online as sometimes they'll have an article.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zelda50 For This Useful Post:
MiniMoose (12-23-2011)
Old 02-05-2012, 07:30 PM

Default Boyfriend in Lompoc USP

I know this is an old thread, but perhaps you still log on here or receive updates. My boyfriend and father of our children is in Lompoc hopefully for only 18 months before he is transferred (so 8 more months) since the kids and I live in Illinois. We haven't seen him in 2 years!! I wanted to go visit him in a couple months but was wondering what the visits were like. If you receive this can you please let me know your opinion on bringing children (6 yr old twins and a 3 yr old) to the visiting room, what it's like, if there is an area for the kids to "play"... I would very much appreciate this information!! Thanks in advance Or anyone who can answer this question it would be greatly appreciated!!
Old 03-02-2012, 10:35 AM
Banned

Does Lompoc have a rideshare section? I am going to be heading up there from High Desert/San Bernardino and would like to ride with someone since i have never been there before. I will be taking my 15 year old to see her father within the next month or so.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:27 PM

Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 5,205 Times in 2,544 Posts

Disclaimer:

Prison Talk Online cannot accept responsibility for rideshare or carpool arrangements made between members.

Members are advised that they make these arrangements at their own risk and in no way can PTO be held accountable for any problems that arise.

We would like to encourage our members to consider the following precautions when entering into a carpool/rideshare agreement with another member.
  • Before agreeing to carpool, certain issues should be discussed and decisions made. Issues that should be settled immediately include members’ feelings about the radio, conversation, smoking habits and eating.
  • You should also find out whether the vehicle, personal possessions, or clothing of either passengers or driver will contain illegal substances or contraband. This is a very important issue and should be addressed with your fellow travellers. Prisons routinely search vehicles and you should be aware if there is a possibility of something being discovered and action taken. Most states do not allow firearms, cameras or alcohol on prison grounds - do your research, find out what is the local policy.
  • Agree in advance on reimbursement for driving expenses, meals, toll roads, parking fees and so on. Agree on a way of payment and a timescale for payment to happen.
  • If you don’t know your carpooling buddies, feel free to ask them about their driving record. Make sure they have a valid drivers licence.
  • Make your pick-up point a public location until you thoroughly trust the other individual.
  • Use common sense and trust your instincts; with a little preparation carpooling can be very rewarding and often leads to long lasting friendships.
Finally, have a safe journey and enjoy your visits.

Happy Trails!!!
Old 05-09-2012, 08:44 AM
HeS My SoUl MaTe

Unhappy So worried! Anyone know if FCI Lompoc is on lockdown?

Please does anyone have any current news about fci lompoc... I haven't heard from my honey for a week i been emailing him i sent money to make sure he had some for phone calls and i haven't heard not a word.and his sister hasn't heard from him either and now i'm so worried...help...
Old 05-09-2012, 09:45 AM

They aren't on lockdown, my husband called me last night.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mike1010 For This Useful Post:
Dsmami4ever (05-20-2012), Zelda50 (05-09-2012)
Old 05-11-2012, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsmami4ever View Post
Please does anyone have any current news about fci lompoc... I haven't heard from my honey for a week i been emailing him i sent money to make sure he had some for phone calls and i haven't heard not a word.and his sister hasn't heard from him either and now i'm so worried...help...
They are on lockdown at FCI Lompoc. There was a fight and they won't be able to investigate it until Monday. So the whole weekend, no calls or emails. My husband did call today, they were let out for an hour to let family/friends know.
The Following User Says Thank You to Limewife For This Useful Post:
Dsmami4ever (05-20-2012)
Old 05-22-2012, 11:10 AM

FCI Lompoc was on lockdown from the Thursday before Mothers Day till the Monday after due to a gang fight between two groups.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Merriman View Post
I know this is an old thread, but perhaps you still log on here or receive updates. My boyfriend and father of our children is in Lompoc hopefully for only 18 months before he is transferred (so 8 more months) since the kids and I live in Illinois. We haven't seen him in 2 years!! I wanted to go visit him in a couple months but was wondering what the visits were like. If you receive this can you please let me know your opinion on bringing children (6 yr old twins and a 3 yr old) to the visiting room, what it's like, if there is an area for the kids to "play"... I would very much appreciate this information!! Thanks in advance Or anyone who can answer this question it would be greatly appreciated!!
The visitation at Lompoc FCI is very family friendly. I cannot say how it is in the higher security prison next door.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:06 PM

Has anyone else been having trouble with the mail room at Lompoc? I have been an advocate for the same prisoner for 2 1/2 years. I have been sending him cards in pencil, and he resends them to his grandma. I have done so at 3 different institutions and never had a problem. All of a sudden I am getting them back. And not just ones with light writing, one was written full page. I have called there and there is no regulation they can't be written in pencil. The previous cards were returned by the prison, today I got one unopened with an unable to forward on it. I don't know if it is from the inmate who can be very fickle, or the guard who is just too lazy to open them. I only check my PO box once a week so several went out in pencil before I even knew they started sending them back.

Thanks in advance
Old 05-31-2012, 03:15 PM

My husband is at USP Lompoc and I always have problems with the mail. Sometimes I've gotten letters with nothing in them other times he gets my letters months later. When he first got there I had no problems, but for the past 6 months there always seems to be something. Sorry you're having problems.

Old 06-05-2012, 01:18 PM

Default Thanks

Thanks. Now I am getting them back ripped open with "unable to forward." I think that I am going to write the warden and maybe the post office. Sorry you are having problems too!
Old 09-13-2012, 10:47 AM
Donation Award 

My husband is being designated to Lompoc camp. Does anybody have any info or experience with this facility they can share with me. I would love to chat and would really appreciate it.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:10 AM
CAJB

Hi, my man will be transferred to Lompoc FCC, the hearing yesterday went finally well I am not sure if to USP-Medium or to FCI-Low, but we hope to Low ...
I would really appreciate any current informations about USP/FCI ... about visits, the staff, the inmates (dominating gangs) ... about the atmosphere ... Thanks ...
Ju.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:32 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divad View Post
tmarie,

I tried private messaging you a response, but it said you are not accepting them. Here is my response.

The camp is pretty lo-key. It is nothing like a low. They get 8 points a month for visiting. Every visit is 2 points. You can have up to 4 people per visit for those 2 points. Basically, it means he can have 1 day of visiting per weekend. Phones are the same. 15 minutes per call, 300 minutes per month. The time for him will fly there. It is a work camp, so he will have a job and be kept busy. They play sports and walk the track and exercise, just like the low, but without all the racial politics. Fights are slim to none. The crappy part is that the guys are crammed in giant warehouses to sleep, but once he gets past that he will be fine.

Hope this helps.
Do you think anything has changed from then till now? -regarding their sleeping arraignments? My husband will be SS this November 2012
Old 03-27-2013, 06:32 PM
Donation Award 

Default FPC Lompoc- lockdown?

Anyone have info on what's going on in Lompoc today?? I heard the guys were woken up at 0800 and been stuck in the dorms since 1630.. Anyone have info?
Old 04-11-2013, 12:18 PM

Is there anybody still following this thread that has a loved one at FCI Lompoc (the low) and can answer a few questions? I have a friend who is waiting to be transferred there, and he has asked me to try and find out some information on the place.

Some of his initial questions:

What is the sleeping situation? dormitory? 2-3 man cells? Something else?
Do they have washers and dryers in the units?
How is the programming? (I think he is talking about classes, waiting to hear back for clarification on what he meant there)

Thanks for any information that you can provide!
Old 04-11-2013, 04:42 PM
Donation Award 

Default Questions and answers about FCI Lompoc

My son is in FCI Lompoc (low). We are down to two years left to go and counting the days.

To answer your questions:

All dormitory with about a 100 beds/floor. I am not positive about the exact number. There are a number of buildings (5 or 6 ?) for housing and the layout might be different as they were built at different times.
All uniforms, personal laundry, and bedding are washed by a central operation. This is a recent change from having washers and dryers in every dormitory. The story was it got too expensive. (My son used to pay (yard $$) to have his laundry washed and pressed. Now he does his own ironing if he can get access to an iron and board.)
How is the programming? (I think he is talking about classes, waiting to hear back for clarification on what he meant there)
There is the mandatory GED. If your son has a HS Diploma, send it to him for proof other wise he must take the class.

Other classes are casual which are taught by other inmates. These are mostly common languages. i.e. Spanish, English, French. My son did take a Japanese and Russian course, but these are only available if there is an inmate who can teach the course.

My son also took PhotoShop to an advanced level. A CO taught this course and it is going on now.
Other things to do is pottery (seems to be a busy place), music (sharing crummy instruments). My son is in two yard groups.

There is a RDAP unit up the street from the prisons, but my son's situation doesn't apply
If you have any more questions, I can ask my son via email.

Good Luck
m
Old 04-11-2013, 05:06 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadTodd View Post
Is there anybody still following this thread that has a loved one at FCI Lompoc (the low) and can answer a few questions? I have a friend who is waiting to be transferred there, and he has asked me to try and find out some information on the place.

Some of his initial questions:

Thanks for any information that you can provide!
Hello! My husband is at the camp- close by- I'm not too familiar with the Low- but only for the campers....
Camp has two dorms- with about 150 per dorm (alpha and bravo) and from what I was told just rows for bunks.

As far as washer and dryers - there's about 5 or 6 and everyone shares. (Camp)

Classes- programs: my husband was assigned to a job- and during the day depending on when the programs/classes are they report to the programs when scheduled. Once the program is over that same day he either goes back to work- or he gets to just hang around the facility depending if its a work day or not.

Everyday it's the inmates responsibility to check the schedule and see what they have going on that day. Some work 5 days a week and some 7.

My husband also signed up for college classes- he just has to schedule his studying in between work and other programs...

I know it's not much info about the Low... But hopefully my info helps others who stumble across this thread...

Good luck to you and your love one and everyone else in between!!!!
Old 04-11-2013, 09:11 PM

Thanks for the reply!!

Do you know if the dormitory is just a big open room, or if they at least get cubicles for a little privacy/quiet when they sleep?

I will email this info to my friend and will see if he has any other questions. Thanks a ton!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maguid View Post
My son is in FCI Lompoc (low). We are down to two years left to go and counting the days.

To answer your questions:

All dormitory with about a 100 beds/floor. I am not positive about the exact number. There are a number of buildings (5 or 6 ?) for housing and the layout might be different as they were built at different times.
All uniforms, personal laundry, and bedding are washed by a central operation. This is a recent change from having washers and dryers in every dormitory. The story was it got too expensive. (My son used to pay (yard $$) to have his laundry washed and pressed. Now he does his own ironing if he can get access to an iron and board.)
There is the mandatory GED. If your son has a HS Diploma, send it to him for proof other wise he must take the class.

Other classes are casual which are taught by other inmates. These are mostly common languages. i.e. Spanish, English, French. My son did take a Japanese and Russian course, but these are only available if there is an inmate who can teach the course.

My son also took PhotoShop to an advanced level. A CO taught this course and it is going on now.
Other things to do is pottery (seems to be a busy place), music (sharing crummy instruments). My son is in two yard groups.

There is a RDAP unit up the street from the prisons, but my son's situation doesn't apply
If you have any more questions, I can ask my son via email.

Good Luck
m