Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 01-06-2008, 12:58 AM

Dear naijames007
To recieve phone calls from a federal prison whether he buys a phone card or calls collect you have to call Evercom at 1-800-844-6591 and set up an account, otherwise he will keep trying and won't get through and you wont know. This is the feds, they have control over everything!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2008, 01:14 PM
anxiously awaiting!

Default phones....

my man is at lompoc, low and he called this morning. There is only one camp in Lompoc, but there is also a low and max prison on the same site. My man calls my cell phone and I do not have service with evercom (never heard of it actually). I've never had a problem with him being able to call. Good Luck!

If you think missing me is hard, you should try missing you!
Old 01-06-2008, 01:29 PM
anxiously awaiting!

Default correction.....

sorry... lompoc has a low and medium security facilities.
Old 01-07-2008, 01:19 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 8,378 Times in 4,637 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laureen D.
Dear naijames007
To recieve phone calls from a federal prison whether he buys a phone card or calls collect you have to call Evercom at 1-800-844-6591 and set up an account, otherwise he will keep trying and won't get through and you wont know. This is the feds, they have control over everything!!!
This is not true - you do not have to set up anything on your end if he's not calling collect - he can call you direct by transferring money from his commissary account to his phone account (not an actual "card"). But he does first have to add your phone number to his "approved list." That can take several days. Once your number is on his list, he can call you if he has the funds.

The BOP limits phone time for inmates to 300 minutes per month, 15 minutes per phone call. There is usually a wait time between calls also - at some facilities it's 30 minutes; at some, it's an hour.

If he's going to call you frequently, some people change their cell phone numbers to the same area code and prefix as the town in which the prison is located, so it is a local call - which costs him less. Hope this helps. Zelda

Last edited by Zelda50; 01-07-2008 at 01:21 AM..
Old 01-17-2008, 11:38 PM

Default Is lompoc us penitentiary on lock down

Is lompoc US Penitentiary on lockdown?
Old 01-23-2008, 08:25 PM
anxiously awaiting!

No!
Old 03-20-2008, 03:50 PM

My husband got transfered to Lompoc for the Rdap program from An arizona camp. He had personal belongings from the arizona camp. The guy who was doing inspection told my hubby he wasn't gonna approve of the things he had in his box.That was clothes/shoes/tooth brushes his art supply's. The guy didnt even let him wear trhe sweats and sweat shirt and sneakers he had on. I thought you were able to take your stuff if you transfer to another place....Thats B.S cause I cant afford to be sending money for him to buy new things! It was hard enough to send him money in the first palce when he was at the other camp to buy clothes and shoes. does anyone know what I should do? was it wrong???
Old 03-20-2008, 03:53 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 8,378 Times in 4,637 Posts

Even if it was wrong, it's too late if he's already at Lompoc. What did the AZ staff do with his stuff - did they have him send it home???
Old 03-20-2008, 03:58 PM

This happened at lompoc....he took his box to lompoc and when he got there the guy didnt let him take them.
Old 03-20-2008, 03:59 PM

This was yesterday....3/19
Old 03-24-2008, 03:53 PM
I miss my hubby!!

my man got transferred to Lompoc like 2 weeks ago and I still have not heard from him. No letter, nor no phone call...It's awful! I miss him.
Old 04-01-2008, 01:52 PM
anxiously awaiting!

toy girl... do you know which lompoc facility your hubby is at? The medium was on lock down a few weeks ago and they may still be. If you call the prison you can talk to his counselor and they will tell you what's going on.
Good Luck!
Old 04-01-2008, 03:59 PM
Donation Award 

Well, you can try calling his counselor but it's highly unlikely that he/she will tell you anything other than the state of his safety...Unfortunately,all you can do is wait until you hear from your inmate.

Oh! And an after thought;if he has recently been transferred he may still be in segregation, which can also put a hold on calls- and on letters, if he missed a commissary day getting there and had to wait for the next to buy stamps etc.

Last edited by Eia; 04-01-2008 at 04:03 PM..
Old 04-03-2008, 07:00 PM
I miss my hubby!!

hey i finally got a call... Now I'm always being called, thank goodness. He got transferred to Lompoc FCI then ended up at the USP in the hole because they didn't have his paperwork from his prison and now he's back down at the FCI part. I received my visiting forms in the mail today, YAY!!!!! My po will be filling out a paper stating I can visit him while on probation.. I'm excited!!!!! I haven't seen him in almost a year...
Old 04-04-2008, 05:14 AM
Donation Award 

Oh good!..That hole has alot to answer for??!!LOL..I'm very impatiently waiting to hear from my husband who is in SHU right now.It's really difficult because I am used to hearing from him every day!
Old 04-11-2008, 09:25 AM
I miss my hubby!!

I bet... He's in SHU in Lompoc? who goes to SHU?
Old 05-17-2008, 07:52 PM
la chaparrita

[missing my tj ] hey anyone out there? my babe was sent to lompoc recently and i hear its overcrowded big time do you know if that place is gonna get any better? now i'm talking about the complex, does any body have any information on that? please reply. thanks
Old 05-29-2008, 01:22 PM

Default Lompoc

Does anyone have any information about the camp at Lompoc? My husband wants to transfer from the camp at Sheridan. He has heard that the camp at Lompoc has more activities (especially free weights) and that the CO's aren't as petty as they are in Sheridan. Does anyone have/has had a loved one at the Lompoc camp who can give me some insight? Thanks for any info you can provide!
Old 06-13-2008, 10:36 PM

Default Question about Lompoc

Hi, am new here. My old man just self surrendered at Lompoc last Monday. I have not heard from him yet. How long does it take before new inmates can make calls, send/recieve mail? He is in a camp, but that is all I know. Also, given all paperwork is in order, how long before I can visit him? thanks in advance. - Mlis
Old 08-28-2008, 09:31 PM

Default Info on Lompoc

Does anyone have Any information on FCI Lompoc? My boyfriend may be transferring there and would like to know as much about it as possible. Are there weights? College classes, the RDAP program? What are visits like? Any info is appreciated.

Thank you!
Old 08-31-2008, 08:03 PM

Default RE: Lompoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ababe16 View Post
Does anyone have Any information on FCI Lompoc? My boyfriend may be transferring there and would like to know as much about it as possible. Are there weights? College classes, the RDAP program? What are visits like? Any info is appreciated.

Thank you!
Same here, my friend is there and I wanted to give him any suggestions (he is handicap)... I should be going to visit in the next 2 months and hopefully by then we have some positive things to discuss. I am trying to get some of my friends and family that are friends of his to join me in the trip but sometimes that is a hard sell since most think ALL prisons are horrible.

If you plan to visit - you should read through the link for the visitors - it is on the BOP.gov site.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:37 AM
Fairy Fed Mother

Thanked 3,227 Times in 1,394 Posts

FCI Lompoc is an ok place. My friend never had a problem there. When I would visit it looked like an ok place except for all the fence and razor wire. It's made up of a bunch of unit buildings. There were weights when he was there, I don't know if they are still there. There's a track, they have football and basketball leagues that the guys can play in. There's a track and field. Visiting was ok. We used to be able to sit inside or outside and we could walk around the small space. We could hold hands during visits. I never really worried about his safety. They do have RDAP there, my friend took it and completed it. Guys in RDAP live in a separate dorm.

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you...I didn't see this. If you have any more questions please ask.

GO BULLS!!!
Old 09-19-2008, 10:19 PM
I miss my honey!!

Can anyone let me know if it's possible to send a care package to an inmate at lompoc? my brother in law is in there and i wanted to send him a package. Any info. will be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:44 AM
Fairy Fed Mother

Thanked 3,227 Times in 1,394 Posts

No care packages to ANY federal inmate. Sorry. Only letters, cards and books from a publisher or somewhere like Barnes & Noble, it has to be sent thru them.

GO BULLS!!!
Old 10-11-2008, 09:16 PM

Any idea how long it is taking to get into the RDAP program once you are transferred from another camp to it? Once in, how long are guys getting off? Thanks for any info. or advice in finding how to get it.