Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 11-21-2005, 02:40 PM
Closed

Default United States Penitentiary - Lompoc

My man was moved to a federal Prison ( USP lompoc ) bout 8 months ago, things got real rocky of him being moved over 850 miles away but now things are getting better and I dont know anything about where he's at..So if anyone has info on this instutute, Thank you so much.... I would love to be able to send him some books and stuff for Christmas and his birthday...so Any ideas ?????
Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2005, 01:45 AM
Blessed
Donation Award 

TragicsLady,

Hope this info helps.

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1795

http://www.lompocrecord.com/articles...ews/news16.txt

http://www.bop.gov//locations/instit...isit_hours.pdf

http://www.bop.gov//locations/instit.../lof/index.jsp
Old 11-22-2005, 11:09 AM
Closed

Thank you cysreese for all the sites hopefully I'll get some new info lol
Old 05-16-2007, 06:39 PM

Arrow Lompoc FPC vs Atwater FPC

I have been reading over all the postings and the information on these two camps is not current.

Does anyone have advice and knowlege of what it is like at each of these two camps at the present time? Not that you get a choice but my lawyer tells me I can request it.
Thanks for the help.
Old 05-17-2007, 07:32 PM
Finally Free!

Check the federal forum & you should be able to find people who have loved ones at these institutions. I have a penpal at Lompoc FPC, but he just moved there so I really don't know much yet.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:07 PM

Default FCI Lompoc

I didnt receive a phone call I was supposed to get yesterday..
Can someone tell me if anything is going on at FCI Lompoc that
would prevent him from calling?
Old 05-29-2007, 07:06 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 8,378 Times in 4,637 Posts

Yes, I heard that, on Monday, there was an inmate fight at Lompoc FCI (low). One inmate was taken to the hospital. All three facilities were locked down, so no phone calls or visits.
Old 05-29-2007, 07:33 PM

Thank you so much for letting me know. I've been so worried yesterday and today trying to figure out what is wrong. That's makes me feel better, now that I know what is going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda50
Yes, I heard that, on Monday, there was an inmate fight at Lompoc FCI (low). One inmate was taken to the hospital. All three facilities were locked down, so no phone calls or visits.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:14 PM

Default any latest news on Lompoc FCI?

It's now Wednesday and haven't heard a thing for two days. Anyone have any latest news on Lompoc?
Thanks.
Sistah
Old 05-31-2007, 08:36 AM

I haven't heard anything either since Monday. I found this article in the Lompoc Record which explains what happened:...

Three inmates hurt in prison fight

By Luis Ernesto Gomez/Staff Writer

The low-security section of the U.S. Penitentiary in Lompoc remained locked down Wednesday after three inmates suffered minor injuries in a fight Sunday night, a prison spokesman said.
The lockdown will continue until an investigation is completed, spokesman Erwin Meinberg said.
No staff members were injured, he added.

Meinberg declined to release the names of the inmates and the extent of their injuries, but said they were treated at the Lompoc District Hospital and released shortly after.

Several inmates were involved in a series of fights that broke out at two of the housing units in the low-security section around 10:45 p.m. Sunday, he said.

“As a precautionary measure, the low- and medium-security institutions were placed on lockdown,” he said. The medium-security area was taken off lockdown Tuesday, he added.

Meinberg declined to release details of the incident, including how many inmates were involved and whether any makeshift weapons were used and said officials “have an idea of what happened, but it's under investigation.”

During a lockdown, inmates are not allowed out of their “housing units,” and their work and educational programs are temporarily suspended, he explained.

He said the Lompoc complex has three different levels of security - minimal, low and medium.

The most recent riot at the Lompoc complex happened in June 2003 when a group of inmates allegedly attacked prison staff - including correctional officers, food employees and a chaplain - and caused more than $20,000 of property damage, according to newspaper accounts at the time.

Federal prosecutors reportedly charged eight prisoners with rioting, assaulting federal officers and destruction of federal property.

April 3 also marked 10 years after an inmate allegedly killed a correctional officer at the complex in 1997.

Inmate Roy Green allegedly used a makeshift knife to kill Scott Williams, 29, during a fight that also injured four other officers.

Prosecution in Green's case is still pending.

Luis Ernesto Gomez can be reached at 739-2218, or lgomez@

lompocrecord.com

May 31, 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sistah
It's now Wednesday and haven't heard a thing for two days. Anyone have any latest news on Lompoc?
Thanks.
Sistah
Old 05-17-2008, 07:52 PM
la chaparrita

[missing my tj ] hey anyone out there? my babe was sent to lompoc recently and i hear its overcrowded big time do you know if that place is gonna get any better? now i'm talking about the complex, does any body have any information on that? please reply. thanks
Old 09-06-2010, 12:43 AM

Default which facility?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA CHAPARRITA View Post
[missing my tj ] hey anyone out there? my babe was sent to lompoc recently and i hear its overcrowded big time do you know if that place is gonna get any better? now i'm talking about the complex, does any body have any information on that? please reply. thanks
i was at the fci and yes, it was very overcrowded.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:58 PM

Default Kay

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcilompoc View Post
i didnt receive a phone call i was supposed to get yesterday..
Can someone tell me if anything is going on at fci lompoc that
would prevent him from calling?
i don't know about the phones but the computers were down.
Old 10-01-2010, 02:30 PM

Default Visits

Can anyone give me any information on Visits at Lompoc? Thanks
Old 11-12-2010, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paris27 View Post
Can anyone give me any information on Visits at Lompoc? Thanks
I visited at the Camp in Lompoc the hours are 8:30-3:00. The visiting area is kinda small but its a good visit. the c.o.s are very nice and don't trip on hugging, kissing, or hand holding. Its a really good visit.
Old 11-12-2010, 01:28 AM

my husband waz just sent to FCI from the SHU at the USP in Lompoc, cant use the phone for another 6 months. will get his visits back in mid dec. is the visiting crowded. ???????.
Old 12-03-2010, 06:19 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,022 Times in 536 Posts

Can anyone help me? How much money can you take in? In what demominations? Is there a change machine in the processing room? What color clothing is not allowed? What time are visits? How long are they? Any other info you can help me with for Lompoc. It's going to be 2 men going to visit, so necklines, tight clothes is not an issue. Thanks in advance.
K
Old 03-04-2011, 08:09 PM

I had questions on FCI Lompoc, I don't know anything about it and a friend was just transferred there and I would like to know the current address they use to write to inmates there.Since I know at the FCC in Victorville,CA they keeped changing the address. Can anyone help me and also how long do I have to wait to write to an inmate who was just transferred about a couple days ago.I ask this since my friend was recently transferred from FCC Victorville to FCI Lompoc The Low one.Any recent info would help.Thanks!
Old 04-04-2011, 07:45 AM

you can find the address at the BOP website for Lompoc Low. I am not sure how long before he can contact you, but you could probably send letters and they should get to him...they haven't changed the address there in a while as far as I know. Good luck!
Old 05-01-2011, 09:42 AM

Default Carpool to Lompoc?

I'm in the bay area, CA and go down to Lompoc, CA every month to 3 months to see my husband but with gas going up the drive is getting expensive and lonely. Anyone else wanna share expenses and go visit? I'm going again this month. (May)
Old 12-13-2011, 01:19 PM

Talking Lompoc Visiting Info

Can somewho who has visited recently provide me with some basic visiting information. My brother is in route and I am trying to get info such as the dress code, the time to show up, is there a line, can you make email or phone appts, how much money is allowed inside, can you take pics, and the visiting days. I read online Sat - Mon....are those days still good days.

I visit my husband but he is at a state facility not a federal facility and I understand they are totally different. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Happy Holidays!!!
Old 02-05-2012, 07:30 PM

Default Boyfriend in Lompoc USP

I know this is an old thread, but perhaps you still log on here or receive updates. My boyfriend and father of our children is in Lompoc hopefully for only 18 months before he is transferred (so 8 more months) since the kids and I live in Illinois. We haven't seen him in 2 years!! I wanted to go visit him in a couple months but was wondering what the visits were like. If you receive this can you please let me know your opinion on bringing children (6 yr old twins and a 3 yr old) to the visiting room, what it's like, if there is an area for the kids to "play"... I would very much appreciate this information!! Thanks in advance Or anyone who can answer this question it would be greatly appreciated!!
Old 05-22-2012, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Merriman View Post
I know this is an old thread, but perhaps you still log on here or receive updates. My boyfriend and father of our children is in Lompoc hopefully for only 18 months before he is transferred (so 8 more months) since the kids and I live in Illinois. We haven't seen him in 2 years!! I wanted to go visit him in a couple months but was wondering what the visits were like. If you receive this can you please let me know your opinion on bringing children (6 yr old twins and a 3 yr old) to the visiting room, what it's like, if there is an area for the kids to "play"... I would very much appreciate this information!! Thanks in advance Or anyone who can answer this question it would be greatly appreciated!!
The visitation at Lompoc FCI is very family friendly. I cannot say how it is in the higher security prison next door.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:06 PM

Has anyone else been having trouble with the mail room at Lompoc? I have been an advocate for the same prisoner for 2 1/2 years. I have been sending him cards in pencil, and he resends them to his grandma. I have done so at 3 different institutions and never had a problem. All of a sudden I am getting them back. And not just ones with light writing, one was written full page. I have called there and there is no regulation they can't be written in pencil. The previous cards were returned by the prison, today I got one unopened with an unable to forward on it. I don't know if it is from the inmate who can be very fickle, or the guard who is just too lazy to open them. I only check my PO box once a week so several went out in pencil before I even knew they started sending them back.

Thanks in advance
Old 09-05-2007, 09:10 AM

Default Lompoc phones

Does anyone know if Lompoc camp phones are on yesterday or today?