Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Probation, Parole & Supervision
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Probation, Parole & Supervision Having problems (or need info) with Probation, Parole or Community Corrections & Supervision?? Lets talk about it here.

Old 12-08-2009, 01:07 PM
*Amor est vitae essentia*

Default Help, writing a letter to the parole board...

My boyfriends parole board hearing is Dec 16th and I am going but I am also writing a letter to the board and I need help trying to figure out what to say and how to word it, so pretty much I need help with the whole thing. Some things I want to put in there are he has two little kids, he got reclassed recently to min restrictive, I go and visit him when I can, he has a strong support system when he gets out, I put money on his books twice a month...just stuff like that. If anyone has any suggestions or could help I would really appriciate it! This is his first time seeing the board so its a 50/50 chance but any help would be great! Thank you!

Last edited by hisballaqueen31; 12-08-2009 at 01:09 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2009, 01:23 PM
BUG from around the way..
Donation Award 

Thanked 5,320 Times in 1,650 Posts

I would contact a local college English tutor in your area and see if you can pay them for one session. Write down everything you want to say in the letter and have them help you put it together. Focus on the support system he has, the available jobs out here for him, possibly even some schooling he is interested in taking. I would think it would be best to show them that he has plenty of positive things in his life waiting for him that will keep him focused on being contructive rather than destructive.

I know it might cost $20 bucks or so for the tutor but I think it's worth it. If I had to do one of those I'd get my mom to help me, she was an Enlish teacher for 20 years. I'm willing to bet the parole board will get more out of your letter if it's written and worded well.

Good luck.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:19 PM

You should treat it as a business correspondence. Make it a professional as possible. Put it on personalized letterhead with the inside address and everything. Begin with who you are, occupation and how long you've been at this place of employment. Next paragraph, you should begin by thanking them for taking the time to express your love and support for ......... Let them know that you have created a safe and home for him, free of drugs and alcohol.