Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > LOUISIANA > Louisiana Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Louisiana Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information relating to parole, probation, work release and community service in Louisiana should be posted here.

Old 03-06-2008, 07:29 PM
keepin the faith

Unhappy don't understand time!! help!!! Good Time Credit?

my boyfriend was sentenced to 3 yrs for 3rd offense of possesion and i'm not sure how long he will have to do. Help!!! don't know if it's 3for1 or 2for 1???? thanks in advance for helping, i'm new to the system and feel lost!!

success is building a solid foundation with the bricks others have thrown at you!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2008, 05:11 AM
only GOD can judge us

oh i seen a lot of men and boys get out faster for drugs than anything else. he probally won't do all that. maybe a year if that much. thats what i seen most people get here
Old 04-22-2008, 08:20 PM

my boyfriend was sentence to 10 years for a drug charge, 2 years without benefit of parole or probation no credit for time served. He has been in jail since July 2005 and was sentenced in October 2006. Two years will be up in October 2008 does that mean he will be eligible for parole at that time. He has recently been sent to another parish jail after been at BDCC in Minden for over two years. How can he calcuate his time and determine a release date or will he have to do 85%? this is his second offense, but both are not for drugs!!
Old 05-08-2008, 08:05 PM
Elizabeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmie1 View Post
my boyfriend was sentenced to 3 yrs for 3rd offense of possesion and i'm not sure how long he will have to do. Help!!! don't know if it's 3for1 or 2for 1???? thanks in advance for helping, i'm new to the system and feel lost!!
YOu can know by when he was sentenced.. if it was before Aug 2007 then it is 2 for 1... after Aug 2007 3 for 1
Old 08-11-2008, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmie1 View Post
I just did 9 years in system WCI,AVC,,,as inmate lawyer I can say that if he was sentenced after Aug 2007 he will do about 1 year in and 2 on parole it is a good time act that was implimented for non violent offenders after Katrinia. If not he will do 18 months///

Last edited by sammy whiteside; 08-11-2008 at 03:36 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to sammy whiteside For This Useful Post:
SpunkyMonkey (08-11-2008)
Old 08-11-2008, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzQLewis View Post
my boyfriend was sentence to 10 years for a drug charge, 2 years without benefit of parole or probation no credit for time served. He has been in jail since July 2005 and was sentenced in October 2006. Two years will be up in October 2008 does that mean he will be eligible for parole at that time. He has recently been sent to another parish jail after been at BDCC in Minden for over two years. How can he calcuate his time and determine a release date or will he have to do 85%? this is his second offense, but both are not for drugs!!
I just did 9 years in system WCI,AVC,,,as inmate lawyer He has to get credit for time served under ARt 880. Thi sdoes not have to be stipulated the judge has no right under law not to give it.
He will not do 85% however he may do half. If he had been sentenced in Aug or after 2007 he would be unbder the new good time act 527 ? but the distribution charge calls for 2-30 for the first two with out parole. He has a rap sheet at Hunt. The insitution where he is can find out his exact out date. You need to contact Hunt and fiind out his Parole eligibility date. He needs to file for a hearing 30 prior to that date. Get on this and he will make parole. They are overcrowded and non-violents make it for the most part. Had 2 go last year in one camp for drugs.

Last edited by sammy whiteside; 08-11-2008 at 03:35 PM..
Old 08-11-2008, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoingTimeinLove View Post
YOu can know by when he was sentenced.. if it was before Aug 2007 then it is 2 for 1... after Aug 2007 3 for 1
I just did 9 years in system WCI,AVC,,,as inmate lawyer
Sorry no 3 for 1 it is a new act that you will do 35 for 30 if sentenced after Aug. 207. For three years he would do one and be released as if on parole for goo time. Yet if he has the dist. charges or intent he will be flat. Simple possession he is eligible for good time. Was he billed in the court? If so well there is more to deal with. But he got a hell of a deal.