Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ALABAMA > Alabama Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Alabama Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Alabama Department of Corrections and local & county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 03-13-2007, 08:33 AM

Question Does Adoc Have A Motion For Sent.reduction?

DOES THE ADOC OFFER A LAW CALLED, FILING A MOTION FOR A SENTENCE REDUCTION, MY BRO.WAS TOLD,(FOR EXCHANGE OF STORE ITEMS )THAT YOU COULD WRITE THE SENTENCING JUDGE AND PLEA AT HIS MERCY,AND HE CAN REVIEW IT,AND POSSIBLEY DECIDE TO LET YOU OUT SOONER,OR REDUCE YOUR TIME,IT DOES'NT SOUND RIGHT TO ME, BUT IF ANYONE KNOWS ANYTHING AT ALL ABOUT THIS,PLEASE HELP ME OUT, THANX ALWAYS
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2007, 08:50 AM
GO Yankees!!

You can go back judge and ask for a sentence reduction and yes you do have to file the motion for sentece reduction, then the judge reviews it and makes a decision.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:48 AM

My Husband is in Fountain and he has done that already one time. However his motion was turned down. In my opnion, it was a waiste of time. He also says he is going to refile again soon. Laura
Old 03-14-2007, 07:17 PM

I didn't think the Judge would change his mind, so that is good news, do you know,what factors he would look at, and what would they usually grant one for? Like if they think the person has paid enough time already,or he sentenced too high or what ?? i quess the question is what do they base their decision on? and Laura,sorry bout your husband,i would encourage him to file again,can't hurt? has he served very long?
Old 06-29-2007, 04:19 AM

Sorry it took so long for me to reply. My husband has served half his sentence. He has less than 2 and half years to go. THe only information he told me about the motion was what programs he finished,how long it had been since he had been locked up. Why he thought he deserved a break in his sentencing. He is going to try again in Nov. or Dec.