Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Prison & Criminal Legal Help!
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison & Criminal Legal Help! Ask questions, get opinions, and find resources on dealing with criminal justice legal issues, appeals, and more..

Old 05-24-2006, 06:58 PM
one lucky woman

Cool Court tomorrow- positive energy please?

Well for those who do or don't recall, we are back in county court on a remand. A 730 (mental fitness) exam was ordered but never done, so the higher court ordered the county to go back and do something to satisfy it.
What I gather is, legally they are supposed to hold a reconstruction hearing. But they really DO NOT want to do that. Subpoena 3 judges? Good Lawdy Miss Maudie I think not.
(Please, everybody, forgive me double posting this. But I can't decide between HTHY or Legal Appeals because it's a combo of both. I need me some PTO snuggles on this pleeeeze- and legal minds would be neat too.)
And the whole question is complicated by his self-representation at trial. Not to mention a whole slew of lies and dirty dealings. They really DO NOT want to go back and revisit all that.
So they have ordered a mental health guy to read the record and offer an opinion as to Eric's state of mind at the time. (2002-2003.) Odds are good that this will not satisfy the court so they are gonna find themselves revisiting it all ANYWAY. In front of a new grand jury, and hopefully that will be that. Please cross fingers for us. Tomorrow the mental health guy is supposed to be or have presented his report to the court. Lord knows what the man will make of it all.
Legally, it's kinda arcane and not something they are used to dealing with. Morally or reality wise, it's a hellacious conundrum:
Either he is a raving paranoid lunatic, or the cops really HAVE been harassing him and lying on him for no real big reason for fifteen years. (Actually by now it's both.)
This was his third trial on supposed "LEO assaults," never an injured cop, all incidents started as traffic violations...the first time he did not get acquitted. He makes a better witness on his own behalf than a lawyer.
Please send us a good thought, that this can move forward for the highest good of all concerned. They've been futzing around here since February- time to hand it back up to their superiors

Diamond: a lump of coal that did well under pressure
Sponsored Links