Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > KANSAS Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

KANSAS Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions Topics and conversations dealing with the State of Iowa - Department of Corrections, Criminal Justice System, Prisoner & Family Support, News & Information, visitation, mail, etc

Old 06-05-2017, 01:49 PM
Donation Award 

Default Fans/Mail

I hope this is the right forum to post in. I feel like I am taking them all over with all of my questions. So El Dorado was supposedly one of the only prisons that has air conditioning but apparently with all the movement of inmates occurring and costs going up they decided to turn it off. Unfortunately my son moved to the central just in time to miss ordering what he needed so he has been sweltering in jeans with no fan or ice bucket to cool him down. I swear I read somewhere that if it was summer and if an inmate either could not afford a fan or was still waiting on one they are to provide them with a fan. He is now very sick from getting so hot and literally sleeping on the floor to try and stay cool at night.
Am I crazy and thought I saw this or are they supposed to provide for them when it's almost 90 degrees outside?
It is so perplexing to me why everything takes such an incredible amount of time to deal with compared to when he was in county for the past year. So frustrating for us both.
2nd issue - I sent him some pictures that he can draw - in fact quite a few of them as I was unsure what he really wanted. He has been learning to draw the past year and it's one of the only things that has given him some of his confidence back and he really truly enjoys it. So far he has not received anything I have mailed to him which has now been 4 weeks for 2 sets. I made sure not to send anything that was explicit, drug, alcohol, gang related etc.. Most are pictures of flowers or hearts as he thought he would only be able to draw on envelopes. He ended up getting moved from RDU very quickly but long story short what the heck are they doing with the mail I spend a lot of time and money to send to him. He has not been notified if they were sent back to me which in their rules and regulations it clearly states they have to notify him within 3 days of censorship etc.. He has not received the mail or a notice. Any thoughts or experiences with this? I just sent pictures of horses - I wonder if they will censor those too?
Sponsored Links