Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > WISCONSIN > Wisconsin General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Wisconsin General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Wisconsin that do not fit into any other Wisconsin sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 08-21-2019, 07:50 PM

Default Anyone have a loved one at Thompson Correctional Center?

Anyone have anyone at the Thompson correctional center? My man is there. It seems like a decent center but somethings are crazy to me.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2019, 05:55 AM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 8,128 Times in 3,178 Posts

What particular things seem crazy to you?

I don't know anyone at Thompson, but there are a lot of similarities between prisons throughout the US - one of them being that they have some bureaucratic insanity. Some of those, once you understand the "why" behind them, begin to make sense.
Old 08-22-2019, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerM View Post
What particular things seem crazy to you?

I don't know anyone at Thompson, but there are a lot of similarities between prisons throughout the US - one of them being that they have some bureaucratic insanity. Some of those, once you understand the "why" behind them, begin to make sense.
Mainly the mail. I send letters all the time. Sometimes he isn't given them. There is nothing inappropriate in them. They basically all say the same thing. Yet some he gets and some he doesn't.
Old 08-23-2019, 06:12 AM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 8,128 Times in 3,178 Posts

Quote:
Mainly the mail. I send letters all the time. Sometimes he isn't given them. There is nothing inappropriate in them. They basically all say the same thing. Yet some he gets and some he doesn't.
Hanlon's razor says: Do not ascribe intent where incompetence will suffice.

I send letters all the time to 3 different people. 2 are at the same institution. Most of the time they get them. Sometimes they don't. Sometimes Guy1 at the institution will get his letter and Guy2 won't get his for another 2 - 4 weeks. Sometimes the letters just disappear. I don't write anything inappropriate either. These guys I write are friends, no romantic entanglements, so nothing hot or steamy in them.

I have no idea why some letters make it and others don't. I do know that it's fairly common. I quit hand writing letters and write them on my computer instead. I save them so if they don't get one, I can reprint it and send it again.

As a side note: My Dad sent me a letter from prison. I received it 2 years after he died - it looked like it had been floating around on the floor of the mail truck the entire time. Are you mailing your letters from your personal mail box or from a USPS blue mail drop box? If your mail carrier has a gripe about prisoners, your letters may not even be making it into the mail (it's happened).

If it's a serious enough problem, you can contact your state post office investigator general, who will do an investigation as to why your mail is not getting to him. Just beware that such action may put you on the "We Don't Like You" list with the prison and you may find life much more difficult.