Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > WISCONSIN > Wisconsin Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Wisconsin Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Wisconsin Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc

Old 10-08-2017, 05:23 PM

Default Visiting Oshkosh Correctional...no contact?!

My bf may be transferred to Oshkosh Correctional and he heard thru the grapevine that there is currently no hugging or kissing at visits, does anyone know if this is accurate??

We've been waiting over 4 months to be able to see each other, hug, and kiss. I'm still sooo excited to be able to see him but we'd both be heartbroken if we can't hug or kiss.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2017, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aschmit0520 View Post
My bf may be transferred to Oshkosh Correctional and he heard thru the grapevine that there is currently no hugging or kissing at visits, does anyone know if this is accurate??

We've been waiting over 4 months to be able to see each other, hug, and kiss. I'm still sooo excited to be able to see him but we'd both be heartbroken if we can't hug or kiss.
Following. I'd imagine Oshkosh will be one of my husband's options. He's currently at Dodge waiting to be staffed. Today was my first contact visit with him in over 6 months. Going back to no contact would be terrible!
Old 10-14-2017, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by isthisreallife View Post
Following. I'd imagine Oshkosh will be one of my husband's options. He's currently at Dodge waiting to be staffed. Today was my first contact visit with him in over 6 months. Going back to no contact would be terrible!
My bf ended up going to Redgranite, so I'm not sure how Oshkosh really is. My bf didn't hear very good things about Oshkosh while at Dodge. In addition to no contact visits, he heard they are limited to 3 phone calls/week and over the last year or so have had visiting cancelled for extended time periods due to contraband and inmate deaths from drug overdoses. When we heard these things, we began hoping and praying for him to go to a different prison and our prayers were answered last week when he was moved to Redgranite.
Old 10-14-2017, 10:07 PM

Quote:
My bf ended up going to Redgranite, so I'm not sure how Oshkosh really is. My bf didn't hear very good things about Oshkosh while at Dodge. In addition to no contact visits, he heard they are limited to 3 phone calls/week and over the last year or so have had visiting cancelled for extended time periods due to contraband and inmate deaths from drug overdoses. When we heard these things, we began hoping and praying for him to go to a different prison and our prayers were answered last week when he was moved to Redgranite.
Thanks. I'll have to check back with you to see what your bf thinks of Red Granite if that one turns up on my DH's list.
Old 10-17-2017, 07:11 AM

Quote:

There have been a lot of issues at Oshkosh during the past year. There have been several incidents that have caused them to be locked down with no visits for several weeks at a time. They have had a lot of issues with contraband getting into the facility. I heard that they recently removed the tables from the visitor room so that things can't be passed under the table from visitor to inmate. Unfortunately, I would not be surprised if they had a no-contact policy in place right now. It's unfortunate that everyone has to pay the price for a few people breaking the rules.
Old 11-24-2017, 01:34 AM

you can kiss and hug in the beginning of visit and at the end of visit. no other physical contact since the drug overdoses that happened.