Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > KENTUCKY > Kentucky Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Kentucky Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Kentucky Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc

Old 12-07-2018, 07:33 PM

Default Roederer Correctional commissary, jpay, inmate debit?

Hello! Sorry, more questions!!! So, my grandmother finally got a few calls just long enough to hear my dads name and then the recording of how to set up money for phones with Securus. I went online and did an inmate debit, but that didn't seem so work, so did the advance pay thing and added our phone numbers, that one worked. So, what exactly is Inmate Debit used for, and how do they use it?
I also was able to put money on JPay, but it shows pending. He said he doesn't have access to that yet. He also said they made him throw everything away that he had purchased at county, so he has no soap/shampoo. Again, what is JPay used for? He said he doesn't want email. Can he purchase commissary from JPay, or is that another separate account we are supposed to put funds in?
I'm really hoping he won't be there long and will get sent to his permanent placement soon. He was only in county 2 weeks after his final hearing.

Any info you can supply on this is much appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2018, 10:03 PM
Super Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Thanked 5,707 Times in 2,868 Posts

How awesome that he was only in county for 2 weeks after final sentencing! Statute says 45 days but they usually take longer than that.

Jpay is email but it's also where you put money on his books. He will eventually get access to jpay. He doesn't have to email but you can send photos and ecards through it so he may at some point want to use it. He'll use that kiosk to see how much money he has to spend and who sent it. It might say "pending" until he gets access. Most of the time it is "pending" for a few hours up to 1 day though. They should give him basic hygiene as he is indigent (no money on his books yet). I'm not sure if he uses the Jpay kiosk or another one like it to order commissary and view his timesheet. He'll learn that in there.

Inmate Debit on Securus means his calls are a few cents cheaper but he can call anyone he wants to. The Advanced Connect means you put only the numbers on there you want him to call. He can't call any other number then.
Old 12-07-2018, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sass4221 View Post
How awesome that he was only in county for 2 weeks after final sentencing! Statute says 45 days but they usually take longer than that.

Jpay is email but it's also where you put money on his books. He will eventually get access to jpay. He doesn't have to email but you can send photos and ecards through it so he may at some point want to use it. He'll use that kiosk to see how much money he has to spend and who sent it. It might say "pending" until he gets access. Most of the time it is "pending" for a few hours up to 1 day though. They should give him basic hygiene as he is indigent (no money on his books yet). I'm not sure if he uses the Jpay kiosk or another one like it to order commissary and view his timesheet. He'll learn that in there.

Inmate Debit on Securus means his calls are a few cents cheaper but he can call anyone he wants to. The Advanced Connect means you put only the numbers on there you want him to call. He can't call any other number then.

I know, so blessed he got through county quickly.
So is JPAY only for email, or can he use the funds for commissary?
What all do they need money for?
Old 12-08-2018, 09:54 AM
Super Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Thanked 5,707 Times in 2,868 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpowell1227 View Post
I know, so blessed he got through county quickly.
So is JPAY only for email, or can he use the funds for commissary?
What all do they need money for?
All money is put on jpay only. Yes, those funds are used for commissary. He can only use funds for commissary and medical.
Old 12-08-2018, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sass4221 View Post
All money is put on jpay only. Yes, those funds are used for commissary. He can only use funds for commissary and medical.
Great, thank you so much!! He said he didn't have the info to access his JPay yet, but they said he should at the beginning of the week.
Appreciate the information!
The Following User Says Thank You to Kpowell1227 For This Useful Post:
sass4221 (12-08-2018)