Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Parents with Children in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Parents with Children in Prison For the parents of prisoners

Old 08-07-2019, 03:04 PM

Thanked 1,256 Times in 182 Posts
Default I'm still here, incarcerated heart but ready to open the box of pain&help

Dear PTO, Angel Moms who saved me,

I miss all of you and think of you everyday. Thank you for being there for me when I was so lost. It's been 10 1/2 yrs. since my 19 yr. old son was incarcerated... since this hellish nightmare began. He eventually got 2-life without parole terms plus 8 yrs. When I found PTO the other moms helped me want to live but, many of those angel moms aren't here anymore and I've been surviving by the grace of God since. I've checked in here now and again, but the pain comes right to the surface again and my heart breaks for every mom, every person enduring incarceration... so I've wanted to shut it off, box it up and put it back on the shelf. I stayed away. I just wanted to share today, say hello and give back the love and support that helped me.

Even after 10 years, everything is difficult in dealing with the challenges of loving/helping the incarcerated. There are so many that have no one on the outside, I do what I can. But, I miss the angel moms and PTO.

All of you who are searching for support or someone who knows what you are going through, we do. Right now, today, I'm sending love and prayers to all and want to open up again to remind you that: you just might survive even tho you can't fathom the idea today, you will find some happiness one day and feel hope and acceptance within yourself then others. You'll find help with the burden you carry that you don't think anyone gets... here. I'm glad I checked in today. I'll be back soon and sending not just an obligatory "God bless". I care, you don't know me, but I'm praying for you.
Kaymarie
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to kaymarie For This Useful Post:
4Bobby (08-07-2019), ADmom (08-07-2019), Buttercream (08-07-2019), Caresgirl (08-07-2019), Charlie's Mom (08-11-2019), fbopnomore (08-07-2019), Firebrand (08-09-2019), georgiagrama (09-01-2019), gvalliant (08-21-2019), Itshardtowait (08-07-2019), Kimimi (08-07-2019), lizlizzie2 (08-07-2019), mandymoo (09-06-2019), MsFish (08-12-2019), Ricoluv29 (08-09-2019), safran (08-07-2019), She'sMyAngel (08-11-2019), sidewalker (08-09-2019), sleepless in Tu (08-26-2019), Subie24 (08-26-2019), trauma4us (08-08-2019)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2019, 03:21 PM

Thank you. I am new to all of this and it hurts to see baby pics of my son. Thankfully he only is serving 2 years at this point, however, due to a couple of bad situations he was in, he now has a 3rd strike. I pray he stays out of trouble in there and that he is able to stay off drugs. I appreciate your prayers. This is a very hard thing for us mothers. I pray your son is well. God bless you.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ADmom For This Useful Post:
mandymoo (09-06-2019), Subie24 (08-26-2019)
Old 08-08-2019, 07:44 PM

Thanked 1,046 Times in 467 Posts

I remember you and how you supported me when I started this journey in 2013 - we are 6 years into this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trauma4us For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2019, 10:10 AM

I remember you...sorry we are still going thru this. Happy at least we have found the strength.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Charlie's Mom For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2019, 12:08 PM
Bars cannot keep out God

Thanked 22,980 Times in 6,339 Posts

I was a practice administrator for dental practices-I assisted dentists, was a hygienist, completely ran the business aspect of it all. None of that is as crucial as what I learned from the pain in my life. Having a schizophrenic husband (now ex) for 32 years taught me about mental health, my son taught me about addiction, following my son through his incarcerations from age 13-25 taught me about inmates and led me to parents with children in prison. My mom is presently teaching me about dementia and nursing homes. She was an abusive evil mom but she's taught me to forgive someone even though they never showed any remorse. Losing my first son age three to heart disease taught me about death. Also about eternity.

These lessons help me to be more compassionate, more available to people and less interested in earthly ways. More in tune with spiritual ways.

You are important. You are learning and absorbing this lesson. It will benefit you as well as others along the path who God will lead to you. It will bless both you and them.

It's so early in the process, but, in time, you will find that this pain that you're experiencing now will lead to more understanding. We learn more from pain than books. What we learn, we can use to assist others on the path behind us.

Your story is unique to you. Your pain depth is known only to you. What you do with it can be life changing for you and others. ((Hugs xoxo)

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jancy For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (08-20-2019), georgiagrama (09-01-2019), lizlizzie2 (08-30-2019), Lordbew/us (08-23-2019), mandymoo (09-06-2019), Subie24 (08-26-2019), trauma4us (08-20-2019)
Old 08-20-2019, 12:17 PM

Hi, oh gosh my heart feels for you. My son is in jail now and he is facing 10.5 years in federal prison. He’s been in now just over a month. The thought of knowing your son is in prison living in a different world is hard. He is in the county jail SHU literally locked in his cell 24 hours a day. I don’t know what to say other than you aren’t alone. As hard as it is for my husband and I he has it so much worse. We support him in every way we can financially and give him the love and compassion as his parents.

Thank you so much for sharing
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chel62 For This Useful Post:
lizlizzie2 (08-30-2019), Subie24 (08-26-2019)
Old 08-23-2019, 10:52 AM

Hi I am new up here from NYS i have son incarcerated son he was 16 he is gonna be 20
Old 08-23-2019, 01:08 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,478 Times in 12,944 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk and to the Parent's forum Mom.
Old 09-06-2019, 03:44 PM

Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,672 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaymarie View Post
Dear PTO, Angel Moms who saved me,

I miss all of you and think of you everyday. Thank you for being there for me when I was so lost. It's been 10 1/2 yrs. since my 19 yr. old son was incarcerated... since this hellish nightmare began. He eventually got 2-life without parole terms plus 8 yrs. When I found PTO the other moms helped me want to live but, many of those angel moms aren't here anymore and I've been surviving by the grace of God since. I've checked in here now and again, but the pain comes right to the surface again and my heart breaks for every mom, every person enduring incarceration... so I've wanted to shut it off, box it up and put it back on the shelf. I stayed away. I just wanted to share today, say hello and give back the love and support that helped me.

Even after 10 years, everything is difficult in dealing with the challenges of loving/helping the incarcerated. There are so many that have no one on the outside, I do what I can. But, I miss the angel moms and PTO.

All of you who are searching for support or someone who knows what you are going through, we do. Right now, today, I'm sending love and prayers to all and want to open up again to remind you that: you just might survive even tho you can't fathom the idea today, you will find some happiness one day and feel hope and acceptance within yourself then others. You'll find help with the burden you carry that you don't think anyone gets... here. I'm glad I checked in today. I'll be back soon and sending not just an obligatory "God bless". I care, you don't know me, but I'm praying for you.
Kaymarie
So very good to see you KayMarie. Do you know I still think of you and your son and pray? I too check in here once in a great while and pray for thee precious moms and kids. Hoping for Peace and comfort for you KM♥

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Old 09-06-2019, 03:49 PM

Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,672 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jancy View Post
I was a practice administrator for dental practices-I assisted dentists, was a hygienist, completely ran the business aspect of it all. None of that is as crucial as what I learned from the pain in my life. Having a schizophrenic husband (now ex) for 32 years taught me about mental health, my son taught me about addiction, following my son through his incarcerations from age 13-25 taught me about inmates and led me to parents with children in prison. My mom is presently teaching me about dementia and nursing homes. She was an abusive evil mom but she's taught me to forgive someone even though they never showed any remorse. Losing my first son age three to heart disease taught me about death. Also about eternity.

These lessons help me to be more compassionate, more available to people and less interested in earthly ways. More in tune with spiritual ways.

You are important. You are learning and absorbing this lesson. It will benefit you as well as others along the path who God will lead to you. It will bless both you and them.

It's so early in the process, but, in time, you will find that this pain that you're experiencing now will lead to more understanding. We learn more from pain than books. What we learn, we can use to assist others on the path behind us.

Your story is unique to you. Your pain depth is known only to you. What you do with it can be life changing for you and others. ((Hugs xoxo)

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]