Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona Prisons & Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona Prisons & Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Arizona.

Old 08-17-2019, 07:57 PM

Default Fight at Perryville San Carlos

I just left from visiting my LO at Perryville. it happened early this morning. no one was critically injured ,but bloody.if you have LO there please check on them
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2019, 10:08 AM

From what my sister in law tells me, there's always fights. She's been involved in them too much. Girls are always stealing her stuff anytime she gets anything which is hardly ever. They have even taken her pictures and mail.
Old 08-19-2019, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoluv29 View Post
From what my sister in law tells me, there's always fights. She's been involved in them too much. Girls are always stealing her stuff anytime she gets anything which is hardly ever. They have even taken her pictures and mail.
what yard is your LO in? my daughter was telling me that there are better yards and there are not so good yards. also the levels matter...phase 1,2,3 and 4. I just found out that each phase has different kind of privilege levels.

your LO can request to move
Old 08-20-2019, 09:14 AM

She's been on a few yards since she keeps getting in trouble. Shes not the type to be messed with and allow it. So that's her problem. But currently on Santa Cruz Unit.
I knew of the phases before but never asked her what hers is. We only write since I don't want to deal with the process of getting phone calls as I have calls with my husband too.
Actually haven't heard from her in almost 2 months after checking DOC looks like yet another fight.
She says she sticks to herself but these girls don't relax. There's been fires started. Inmate "relationship" Drama. Petty happenings. The things she describes are like those ridiculous TV shows.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ricoluv29 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (08-20-2019)
Old 08-20-2019, 06:17 PM

Quote:
She's been on a few yards since she keeps getting in trouble. Shes not the type to be messed with and allow it. So that's her problem. But currently on Santa Cruz Unit.
I knew of the phases before but never asked her what hers is. We only write since I don't want to deal with the process of getting phone calls as I have calls with my husband too.
Actually haven't heard from her in almost 2 months after checking DOC looks like yet another fight.
She says she sticks to herself but these girls don't relax. There's been fires started. Inmate "relationship" Drama. Petty happenings. The things she describes are like those ridiculous TV shows.
my Lo is in san carlos. I told them to stay there. talking to other ppl when I visit, they tell me of the drama. I thought that the smaller population would have less drama. san carlos has 1200 inmates.
Old 08-20-2019, 09:34 PM

Most her problems started on Santa Maria, I believe.
Old 08-21-2019, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Most her problems started on Santa Maria, I believe.
see, I read that san maria was a good yard, then san cruz, but most of the population was in san carlos. one of them are the inmates that work at televerde and college inmates taking classes. then there is the yard with gang elements. I don't remember what yard that is. but I can only assume that if you are looking to get into something, all of the yards are open for nonsense. how does she have before released. I hope she is ok now. my LO called me yesterday telling me that some girls were running their mouth trying to get things amp up with her. she just walked away and prayed.
Old 08-21-2019, 10:04 AM

As of right now her release date is Oct 2021.
Trouble is sure to arise wherever its entertained.
Well your LO is smart to walk away. That's something my sister in law just cant get through her head.
I find it unfair that people on higher yards cant do the programs or jobs. They have nothing else to do but start trouble.
Old 08-21-2019, 06:09 PM

Quote:
As of right now her release date is Oct 2021.
Trouble is sure to arise wherever its entertained.
Well your LO is smart to walk away. That's something my sister in law just cant get through her head.
I find it unfair that people on higher yards cant do the programs or jobs. They have nothing else to do but start trouble.
I'm new to all of this. what are the higher yards and what does that mean that they can't work or go through the programs. work and programs are suppose to be their rehabilitation...what a joke. my LO asked to work as soon as she arrived. they told her that she had to wait. then they made all the women to work in the kitchen. I do know that if you don't want to bunk outside of your race, you get shorter visiting hrs. so the system is strange to me. i'm from Texas and your record can be expunged. not here in az
Old 08-30-2019, 02:29 AM
Liz

Thanked 1,666 Times in 635 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by babylove1 View Post
I'm new to all of this. what are the higher yards and what does that mean that they can't work or go through the programs. work and programs are suppose to be their rehabilitation...what a joke. my LO asked to work as soon as she arrived. they told her that she had to wait. then they made all the women to work in the kitchen. I do know that if you don't want to bunk outside of your race, you get shorter visiting hrs. so the system is strange to me. i'm from Texas and your record can be expunged. not here in az
Most of the AZ prisons, the first job they get is the kitchen or cleaning bathrooms.

The yards are classified as 2, 3, 4. Two is the least restrictive, the most freedoms and you have to be down to 5 years or less on your sentence. They automatically start at a higher yard and then are reviewed and usually moved to a 3 or 2 yard if they qualify. It's based on a point system and how they are classified according to some complex system set out by AZ DOC. They are also assigned a phase (3, 2, 1) which determines how much visitation time, food visits, how often they can get a securepak, how much money they can receive, and telephone calls with 1 receiving the most benefits.

On the AZ DOC website, you can search by name or inmate number and find out what phase they are and what yard they are in, along with job info, sentencing info, classification and some other things. That website also has the department orders. Those in the 900s will tell you what visitation, food visits, telephone calls that inmates are entitled to based on their phase and custody level (minimum, medium, maximum, closed).