Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > COLORADO > Colorado General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Colorado General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Colorado that do not fit into any other Colorado sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 08-07-2019, 07:01 PM

Default What's the likely hood of getting paroled the first hearing from CMRC?

So my husbands first Parole hearing is going to be in October sometime. I dont know anything because I still havent gotten any calls from him. I dont know why. Should I call the prison? Im so confused because he called everyday when he was in the county jail now I havent heard from him at all in almost a month. No letters either. It is so strange. Anyways i was just wondering is there any chance that his parole will be approved the first hearing? Should i go to the hearing? Is there any way to find out from the prison why my husband hasnt called me? Has anyone else had these issues?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2019, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg_fos89 View Post
So my husbands first Parole hearing is going to be in October sometime. I dont know anything because I still havent gotten any calls from him. I dont know why. Should I call the prison? Im so confused because he called everyday when he was in the county jail now I havent heard from him at all in almost a month. No letters either. It is so strange. Anyways i was just wondering is there any chance that his parole will be approved the first hearing? Should i go to the hearing? Is there any way to find out from the prison why my husband hasnt called me? Has anyone else had these issues?
Hello. Does he have phone time? Are you on his phone list? The prison won't tell you why he hasn't called. They're very reluctant to give out any information. As far as his chances, it depends on how much time he has done on his sentence. Also if he is required to take any classes if he has completed them. If he is just sitting around waiting for the hearing without taking any classes or working or anyting, chances are slim he will get approved for parole on the first time. He should have already received a parole packet from his case manager and submitted it. It's odd that he did not ask you to send in letter of support. I would go to the hearing, but it depends on what is going on with him. Also, if he is planning to parole to your house you should have received a call from a parole officer so they could do a home inspection.

Old 08-07-2019, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancyginnm View Post
Hello. Does he have phone time? Are you on his phone list? The prison won't tell you why he hasn't called. They're very reluctant to give out any information. As far as his chances, it depends on how much time he has done on his sentence. Also if he is required to take any classes if he has completed them. If he is just sitting around waiting for the hearing without taking any classes or working or anyting, chances are slim he will get approved for parole on the first time. He should have already received a parole packet from his case manager and submitted it. It's odd that he did not ask you to send in letter of support. I would go to the hearing, but it depends on what is going on with him. Also, if he is planning to parole to your house you should have received a call from a parole officer so they could do a home inspection.
There is money on my phone. Maybe i need to call the prison and leave a message for his case manager. I live in illinios now and hes still in colorado. So i know he would have to get interstate compact... I honestly dont know what his plans are anymore because I havent heard anything. Im really at a loss. He went into doc last month about the 10th.he got sentenced to comcor first but got rejected so doc it is. His PED is 1/25/2020 and is manditory release date is 1/25/2021. Im sure he has somekind of class he has to do what they are i dont know. I dont know if Im on his phone list, i cant imagine why i wouldnt be.
Old 08-08-2019, 12:26 AM

The not knowing what's going on sucks. If he is doing interstate compact, his CM should have started the process as it can take up to 120 days.
Try calling his CM. You might get lucky and he/she will be helpful. If he has signed a release, the CMs usually help. If he hasn't signed a release, they typically won't talk to you.

My husband's cousin is at CRMC. He sees the board this month. The PO did a home inspection in May.

Old 08-08-2019, 12:45 AM

Your husband went in less than a month ago correct? Are you sure he has made it Through reception yet? Have you written him? Make sure he has a little commissary to buy stamps and paper, he might not have phone privileges.

OWL
Old 08-08-2019, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshardtowait View Post
Your husband went in less than a month ago correct? Are you sure he has made it Through reception yet? Have you written him? Make sure he has a little commissary to buy stamps and paper, he might not have phone privileges.
He's at cheyenne mountain. He was only at drdc for 2 weeks hes been at cheyenne for two weeks now. I dont know if he has phone privliges. Ive put money on his books a couple times. I havent gotten any letters. Its weird because he called every day now nothing.
Old 08-08-2019, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg_fos89 View Post
He's at cheyenne mountain. He was only at drdc for 2 weeks hes been at cheyenne for two weeks now. I dont know if he has phone privliges. Ive put money on his books a couple times. I havent gotten any letters. Its weird because he called every day now nothing.
Once he is at his facility, he will be able to call after a couple of days? Have you tried sending him a JPay telling him to call?