Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > PENNSYLVANIA > Pennsylvania Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Pennsylvania Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service All information relating to parole, probation, halfway houses, community service and electronic monitoring in Pennsylvania should be posted here.

Old 01-18-2018, 09:04 AM

Unhappy Parole green sheet

My boyfriend went to see parole back in December 2017 it was his first time and he got his green sheet back today saying he got a 9 month hit. He had his hopes of thinking he would make parole the 1st time but he was told as long as he finishes his programs and stays out of trouble he would see parole again in August. I feel so bad Iím trying to be strong for him but I can tell heís really hurting. He was also told they took away his RRI his RRI minimum is March 12th 2018. How would that affect him when he sees parole now in August? would he have to wait till March of 2019 to be released if granted parole in August? Has anyone been in this similar situation?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2018, 05:55 PM

Did he get a misconduct or something? Why would they take away his RRRI? I have no experience with rrri but I don’t see how it would affect his parole in August. They took it away so therefore it’s nonexistent and his minimum for rrri has nothing to do with anything.
Old 01-18-2018, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi86 View Post
Did he get a misconduct or something? Why would they take away his RRRI? I have no experience with rrri but I donít see how it would affect his parole in August. They took it away so therefore itís nonexistent and his minimum for rrri has nothing to do with anything.
No not recently & on his green sheet it stated he needed to finish his TC program and get the jails recommendation. So that what he will be working towards once he sees parole again in August. This was his first time ever going up for parole so now we have a better idea of what to expect the second time around. I just hope if all goes well in August he would be shortly after that.
Old 01-21-2018, 08:50 AM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 2,174 Times in 1,212 Posts

Hi.

It sounds like the Board simply denied him parole which had the effect of overriding his RRRI anticipated minimum date. If the DOC's Records Section had determined that he wasn't eligible for RRRI (due to an error made by the court), they should have given him written notice of their decision. He could then have appealed that decision. If the Board is reviewing him in August, then he still has a chance being released under RRRI (prior to March).

Obviously, if he's in prison for a drug-related offense, the Board insists he complete the TC. his failure to do so led to the DOC's negative recommendation. Unfortunately, even when the DOC fails to get someone into a program in a timely manner, the inmate is the one who suffers.
Brosario (01-21-2018), xolady (01-21-2018)