Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California General Prison Talk Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in California that do not fit into any other California subforum.

Old 04-03-2020, 03:07 PM

Default Has Anyone's LO Been Transferred Out of Their Dorm Yet B/C of Precautions?

CDCR recently released their FAQ regarding their plan for the expedited release and increased physical space in their prisons. Here is the link: https://www.cdcr.ca.gov/covid19/freq...state-prisons/

In the first section of this webpage titled "Why are you releasing inmates?", in the third paragraph, it says:

"In addition to the transfer suspension and the expedited release of non-violent inmates to parole and PRCS, approximately 480-530 inmates living in dorms will be transferred to other prisons with unoccupied buildings or space available. This is meant to increase physical distancing space for those housed in dorm settings."

My question to you all is - do any of you have LOs in dorms, and if so, have they been transferred to another prison? Or been told they're being transferred? My guy is at San Quentin, in H unit (a dorm) and he says no one there has told them anything yet. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2020, 04:57 PM

Yes, someone I know just told me on the phone last night they had transferred people this week to Ironwood, while on the phone they called him too with some others and said they were moving next week to Ironwood. So there are moves going on there. He's at Chuckwalla.

Last edited by Francis213; 04-03-2020 at 04:58 PM.. Reason: Clearing up mistake
The Following User Says Thank You to Francis213 For This Useful Post:
InLoveDeep (04-03-2020)
Old 04-03-2020, 07:04 PM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD
Donation Award 

Thanked 33,091 Times in 16,533 Posts

Huuum........it sort of makes some sense to do this, but then again if the prison has anyone with a positive case, it may not make so much sense to introduce new folks in there.......

The Following User Says Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
thingsnotseen (04-07-2020)
Old 04-04-2020, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewalker View Post
Huuum........it sort of makes some sense to do this, but then again if the prison has anyone with a positive case, it may not make so much sense to introduce new folks in there.......
My understanding of it is that they're planning to move the inmates from their current dorms to vacant spaces on other prison grounds, like gymnasiums, warehouses, etc, where there are no inmates currently.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to InLoveDeep For This Useful Post:
gvalliant (04-07-2020), sidewalker (04-05-2020)
Old 04-07-2020, 04:14 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by InLoveDeep View Post
My understanding of it is that they're planning to move the inmates from their current dorms to vacant spaces on other prison grounds, like gymnasiums, warehouses, etc, where there are no inmates currently.
Yes. My husband is at ISP and everyone in his building is being moved elsewhere (different building or yard) so building A4 can be a quarantined area for guys in dorms at other facilities coming in.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thingsnotseen For This Useful Post:
gvalliant (04-07-2020), InLoveDeep (04-07-2020)
Old 04-07-2020, 08:22 PM

No, my LO is in a dorm at CIM and he has not mentioned that anyone has been transferred out of their dorm or have been notified that they will. I'm wondering when they are going to start releasing all the inmates they said that they will be releasing due to CV19
The Following User Says Thank You to SD.Dori For This Useful Post:
InLoveDeep (04-07-2020)
Old 04-08-2020, 12:24 AM

The person I know that was at Chuckwalla now shows he's at Ironwood. So they must have moved them yesterday. I'll call records tomorrow to get his info about what yard he's on. That was a quick move he told me on Wednesday I think last week and he's already moved. But he was in a dorm setting at Chucky's house. A far as I know he's not sick nor those others he was in a dorm with.

Last edited by Francis213; 04-08-2020 at 12:25 AM.. Reason: Correction
The Following User Says Thank You to Francis213 For This Useful Post:
InLoveDeep (04-08-2020)
Old 04-10-2020, 08:47 PM

My guy is in San Quentin in H unit (dorm) and told me today that they are going to select 20 guys at random from each dorm, totaling 60, and move them to the gym. He uses a CPAP, so if he's chosen, he doesn't think he'll be made to go, considering getting electrical for it would be hard in a gym. So, we'll see. They're also moving those over 65 to a different area of the prison, not sure where.

Last edited by InLoveDeep; 04-10-2020 at 09:22 PM..