Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California General Prison Talk Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in California that do not fit into any other California subforum.

Old 02-18-2020, 12:14 AM

Post Getting a Disciplinary: How long is the change in release date?

gets disciplinary how much is the delay on the release date he serving 50% of his time which basically on the 29th of January he was supposed to be out and he called me and said that there was a issue so he went from level 1 to level 2? he wrote me and said he should be out this year though so im wondering how long is the delay of the release?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2020, 06:39 AM

Depends on how much time they give him & what's it for
Old 02-18-2020, 09:55 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,725 Times in 733 Posts

Check the CDCR website. The inmate locator will have his new earliest release date. They update that regularly and it is accurate.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gvalliant For This Useful Post:
miamac (02-19-2020), Patrickj (02-19-2020)
Old 02-18-2020, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvalliant View Post
Check the CDCR website. The inmate locator will have his new earliest release date. They update that regularly and it is accurate.
I did its the same still he called and today and told me that hes level 3 but how can that be when he is in wasco facility reception facility B? Thought that was level 2?
Old 02-18-2020, 06:14 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckysBaby32 View Post
I did its the same still he called and today and told me that hes level 3 but how can that be when he is in wasco facility reception facility B? Thought that was level 2?
This is confusing. If he is still in reception, everyone is the same. Counselor determines whether he will be sent to level 1, 2, 3, or 4 mainline yard. They typically make that determination after meeting with them and that meeting happens toward the end of reception. Maybe counselor told him he is classified level 3 and going to a level 3 yard?

He has gone from level 1 to level 2 to level 3 while in reception? That doesn't just happen unless you have done something serious.

I don't understand how you see earliest parole / release date of Jan 29 on the inmate locator. That was 2 weeks ago...if that is the date the CDCR website shows, they are slow updating. You sure you are checking CDCR website? All other sources and websites are unreliable and incorrect.

Think you need to ask him questions next time. If he is in reception has he seen a counselor and has he been told he is going to be sent to level 3?
The Following User Says Thank You to gvalliant For This Useful Post:
Patrickj (02-19-2020)
Old 02-18-2020, 07:16 PM
PTO Administrator
Donation Award 

Thanked 37,452 Times in 17,276 Posts

Also, it isn't that inmate's are given more time for getting a ticket, but they lose Good Time. The change in the release date should reflect how much Good Time was lost for that ticket.

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
gvalliant (02-19-2020), kvinna20 (02-19-2020), miamac (02-19-2020), Patrickj (02-19-2020), sidewalker (02-19-2020)
Old 02-18-2020, 09:25 PM

Quote:
This is confusing. If he is still in reception, everyone is the same. Counselor determines whether he will be sent to level 1, 2, 3, or 4 mainline yard. They typically make that determination after meeting with them and that meeting happens toward the end of reception. Maybe counselor told him he is classified level 3 and going to a level 3 yard?

He has gone from level 1 to level 2 to level 3 while in reception? That doesn't just happen unless you have done something serious.

I don't understand how you see earliest parole / release date of Jan 29 on the inmate locator. That was 2 weeks ago...if that is the date the CDCR website shows, they are slow updating. You sure you are checking CDCR website? All other sources and websites are unreliable and incorrect.

Think you need to ask him questions next time. If he is in reception has he seen a counselor and has he been told he is going to be sent to level 3?

Okay well i talked to his counselor today and she said she cant disclose that information he went to wasco in October 28th, 2019 and has been in level 1 until the two weeks that he had called and told me that he was getting out soon very soon and he was on the 180 violation probation so he had served what was given by the court that made his date to get out the 29th of January since he is serving 50% in state prison which would make that date the release for parole/probation which is his term from the court his PED is 09/2021 and has not changed i called wasco today and they said he is in facility B yard which is from what ive seen online a level 2 placement so i am not sure he said he was level 3 but that doesn't make any since because he didn't say what he did to get introuble possibly tattoos i know he is receiving them in there but kindof confused on the reception center and how they work is it like the regular prisons on how they seperate them or no?
Old 02-18-2020, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchouli View Post
Also, it isn't that inmate's are given more time for getting a ticket, but they lose Good Time. The change in the release date should reflect how much Good Time was lost for that ticket.

whats a ticket??
Old 02-18-2020, 10:29 PM

Sounds like he did something wrong. hopefully it was too serious that his good time gets taken away. in reception everybody is mixed until they assign you to which level you are.
Old 02-18-2020, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by valliz View Post
Sounds like he did something wrong. hopefully it was too serious that his good time gets taken away. in reception everybody is mixed until they assign you to which level you are.

Yes idk he didn't say i will ask though so i shall see....and yes thats what the counselor had told me that they are mixed in reception ugh i hope he didn't get in trouble he sounded scared i hate when he is like this it makes me so sad that i cant be there to make him feel better i just told him to behave and stay out of trouble and do classes hopefully he is able to do classes in wasco but i am not to sure do you know if they are able to considering the fact its a reception center?
Old 02-18-2020, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by valliz View Post
& hes in SNY
Old 02-18-2020, 11:10 PM
PTO Administrator
Donation Award 

Quote:
whats a ticket??

Its another word for Disciplinary.

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
ChuckysBaby32 (02-18-2020)
Old 02-19-2020, 12:39 AM
Site Moderator

Thanked 23,988 Times in 8,426 Posts

Quote:
Its another word for Disciplinary.
Which is also called a 115 in Cali.
There are no classes in reception. It's one of the toughest parts of their bid. And for some, they spend their entire time in reception. It's up to him to make the most of it. Keep his head down, color inside the lines and get home.
And if he in reception, he's not a level anything because he hasnt been classified.
I know it's hard to not be there for him, but if he's back in for a parole violation and he's getting ink inside? Where's his head at? And what's his plan to be there for you?

Last edited by miamac; 02-19-2020 at 06:44 PM..
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
gvalliant (02-19-2020), patchouli (02-19-2020), Patrickj (02-19-2020), sidewalker (02-19-2020)
Old 02-19-2020, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post
Which is also called a 115 in Cali.
There are no classes in reception. It's one of the toughest parts of their bid. And for some, they spend their entire time in reception. It's up to him to make the most of it. Keep his head down, color inside the lines and get home.
And if he in reception, he's not a level anything because he hasnt been classified.
I know it's hard to not be there for him, but if he's back in for a parole violation and he's getting ink inside? Where's his he at? And what's his plan to be there for you?
Exactly idk he said he didnt but i found out other wise he got tatted in county not in prison but yea that does suck but i think he might hopefully do his time at wasco he said he was level 3 but that shit dont make since he was 1 hes a non violent offender
Old 02-19-2020, 10:57 AM
Donation Award 

They won't care a whit about a tattoo he might have got in county. Don't worry about that. They care only about what he does in prison. As Mia says, encourage him to keep his head down and avoid problems. That is how he gets home earliest.

Making more sense now. Your Jan 29 date was what you and he thought would happen. It was not official. PED from his probation is Sept 2021 according to the court? There is only one date that matters now and that is the date CDCR shows on the CDCR website. Forget everything else. And that date on the CDCR website will not change until he finishes reception. Just the way it is.

Reception is the worst time. Partly because you don't have information you want. You are trying to figure his level out from what yard he is on or non-violent offense conviction or whatever. Forget that also. He is not level 1, he is not level 2, he is not level 3, he is not level 4, he has no level, he is reception. CDCR (the counselor) will eventually determine his level. No one else.

Unfortunately all this uncertainty with reception takes more time than it should. 6 months in reception is common, we have heard of people staying much longer. Hard as it is, try to remain patient and don't overthink all these issues. Reception is confusing for everyone.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gvalliant For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (02-19-2020), kvinna20 (02-19-2020), miamac (02-19-2020), patchouli (02-19-2020), Patrickj (02-19-2020), sidewalker (02-19-2020)
Old 02-19-2020, 04:54 PM

Quote:
They won't care a whit about a tattoo he might have got in county. Don't worry about that. They care only about what he does in prison. As Mia says, encourage him to keep his head down and avoid problems. That is how he gets home earliest.

Making more sense now. Your Jan 29 date was what you and he thought would happen. It was not official. PED from his probation is Sept 2021 according to the court? There is only one date that matters now and that is the date CDCR shows on the CDCR website. Forget everything else. And that date on the CDCR website will not change until he finishes reception. Just the way it is.

Reception is the worst time. Partly because you don't have information you want. You are trying to figure his level out from what yard he is on or non-violent offense conviction or whatever. Forget that also. He is not level 1, he is not level 2, he is not level 3, he is not level 4, he has no level, he is reception. CDCR (the counselor) will eventually determine his level. No one else.

Unfortunately all this uncertainty with reception takes more time than it should. 6 months in reception is common, we have heard of people staying much longer. Hard as it is, try to remain patient and don't overthink all these issues. Reception is confusing for everyone.

I just called the CDCR victim services they said he might do his remaining time in wasco if he has been there since october and hes classification is level 3
Old 02-19-2020, 06:48 PM

Thanked 2,783 Times in 1,204 Posts

Quote:
I just called the CDCR victim services they said he might do his remaining time in wasco if he has been there since october and hes classification is level 3

Why would you call Victim Services, to try to obtain information on him.? Are you a victim of his ? Victim Services usually only deals with victims and victims family. You have tried to get information from his counselor to no avail. Why doesn't he come clean with you instead of beating around the bush? After reading this entire thread I find many discrepancies in this thread. Yes I know I sound unsupportive But if you have a release date of January and you are not out yet. Sounds to me he caught a 115(RVR) disciplinary action Or else he is just B.S you along

gvalliant (02-20-2020)
Old 02-19-2020, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrickj View Post

Why would you call Victim Services, to try to obtain information on him.? Are you a victim of his ? Victim Services usually only deals with victims and victims family. You have tried to get information from his counselor to no avail. Why doesn't he come clean with you instead of beating around the bush? After reading this entire thread I find many discrepancies in this thread. Yes I know I sound unsupportive But if you have a release date of January and you are not out yet. Sounds to me he caught a 115(RVR) disciplinary action Or else he is just B.S you along

I called because i am the victim in the case
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChuckysBaby32 For This Useful Post:
gvalliant (02-20-2020), Patrickj (02-19-2020)
Old 02-19-2020, 10:08 PM
PTO Administrator
Donation Award 

Were you ever able to get the No Contact Order modified? If not, that could very well be the reason for the Disciplinary / Ticket / 115.

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
gvalliant (02-20-2020)
Old 02-19-2020, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Were you ever able to get the No Contact Order modified? If not, that could very well be the reason for the Disciplinary / Ticket / 115.
as for that i am not to sure but i know that he said he got introuble he didnt say why though to even his mom so i think he did something
The Following User Says Thank You to ChuckysBaby32 For This Useful Post:
patchouli (02-19-2020)
Old 02-19-2020, 10:20 PM

if you are the victim and they find out that he has contact with you via calls or letters they will write him up and he could potentially get more time for violating the court orders
The Following User Says Thank You to valliz For This Useful Post:
gvalliant (02-20-2020)
Old 02-19-2020, 10:38 PM

Thanked 2,783 Times in 1,204 Posts

If you are the victim contacting him. violates the stay away order that is in place. It also means that you violated the stay away order by contacting him.
If you are the victim it would be wise for you to stop contacting the institution
where he is at, For your own good and the good of the person in custody
This also explains why the counselor would not give you any information about
him. Thanks for the clarification on this matter
gvalliant (02-20-2020), patchouli (02-20-2020), sidewalker (02-21-2020)
Old 02-19-2020, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrickj View Post
If you are the victim contacting him. violates the stay away order that is in place. It also means that you violated the stay away order by contacting him.
If you are the victim it would be wise for you to stop contacting the institution
where he is at, For your own good and the good of the person in custody
This also explains why the counselor would not give you any information about
him. Thanks for the clarification on this matter

I dont contact him just saying
Old 02-21-2020, 08:43 PM
Site Moderator

Thanked 23,988 Times in 8,426 Posts

Quote:
gets disciplinary how much is the delay on the release date he serving 50% of his time which basically on the 29th of January he was supposed to be out and he called me and said that there was a issue so he went from level 1 to level 2? he wrote me and said he should be out this year though so im wondering how long is the delay of the release?
Quote:
I dont contact him just saying
Patrick is trying to save you further head and heartache. If this was a DV case, he should have restrictions on contacting you. Regardless of what you want when it comes to your relationship with him, this seriously damages his credibility when it comes to parole. If you can't do it for you, do him a solid by taking a step back and refusing contact.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
ChuckysBaby32 (03-01-2020), gvalliant (02-22-2020), patchouli (02-21-2020), Patrickj (02-28-2020), sidewalker (02-22-2020)
Old 02-27-2020, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Depends on what the Dispo was for. For instance a CDCR 115 for possession of a cellular phone is 90 days. Once you go before the hearing officer and if he finds you guilty time changes immediately upon sentencing. If he's gone from L1 to L2 that means there was an increase in his points due to a dispo.
The Following User Says Thank You to jazzin08 For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (02-28-2020)