Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW YORK > New York Parole, Probation, Work Release & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

New York Parole, Probation, Work Release & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in New York should be posted here.

Old 06-30-2020, 01:54 PM

Thumbs up Auburn NY prison dress code

Hey everyone!

I haven't had a visit since my honey was transferred to Auburn Correctional Facility (here in NY). Obviously, that isn't in the books at the minute, but I'm an over planner, lol.

Does anyone with an LO in Auburn have dress code advice for me? Everywhere he's been has been so different.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2020, 02:14 PM

Here is the link to their handbook

https://www.inmateaid.com/visitation...ional-facility

I did not look it over for specifics. Whether it is addressed or not I always advise women not to wear an underwire bra. While my husband is in a federal facility and not a state, I cannot tell you how many people I have seen set off the metal detector for this and it just causes delays, especially depending on the CO's up front and what they will let you do to rectify it.

Personally I am one of those that I don't care if I look frumpy and a hot mess going in as long as I go in, not that I go out of my way necessarily to do so. I wear no more jewelry than my wedding rings and my mothers ring. I have seen necklaces, pant snaps, even bobby pins set of the detectors. I have also found that while one CO will let someone in with 4 inch stilettos, another will not, whether it's addressed or not. Some will let other things listed in the handbook in such as torn jeans or t-shirts with things on them while others will not and you likely do not know who you will be there until you get there. Generally I wear either regular blue jeans or black pants and a plain colored (blue, green, purple, black are safe for me, but that can be district specific) shirt without writing on it.

Our LOs don't or shouldn't so much care what we look like as long as we get in and see them. That's what matters most to them.
Old 06-30-2020, 02:49 PM

Thanked 4,296 Times in 2,040 Posts

Nothing tight, revealing, backless, no v necks, no tank tops, no shorts or skirts above the knee, and no basketball shorts.

If you bra has an underwrite, you'll take it off in a bathroom to clear the metal detector.

You'll need to make sure nothing has metal on it. One button on your jeans is ok, but more will set off the machine.

If you use Bobby pics or any metal in your hair, you'll have to take it out.
Old 06-30-2020, 02:54 PM

Thanked 4,296 Times in 2,040 Posts

I have been to 4 places and it has been the same. Conservatively dressed is best.
The Following User Says Thank You to onedayatatime13 For This Useful Post:
Ms Sunny (06-30-2020)