Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > BECOMING INVOLVED > Prison Activism
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison Activism What's going on? How to become involved.

Old 06-01-2020, 02:14 PM

Default NPCP and stopping the privatisation of prisons

Praise be to God, my man was recently accepted by the National Post Conviction Project, a wonderful group established by Trump. They do cost money, but they can help. I had a recent discussion with someone there. He was telling me about how Clinton privatized prisons, allowing stocks to be bought. This ultimately led to longer terms, bad treatment, all those things we complain about. He was telling me how NPCP is working to stop the privatisation of prisons.

He further educated me on Clinton's habeas corpus regulations which have made it next to impossible to fight the system anymore, leaving prisoners powerless, and how they're trying to put a stop to that as well.

Anyway, if anyone knows of a way I can help join forces to put an end to the privatisation of prisons and remove these ridiculous habeas corpus mandates, please let me know. Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2020, 03:46 PM

can you please give me an estimate of what their fees are and how to go about applying.

Thank you
Old 06-01-2020, 08:55 PM
PTO Administrator
Donation Award 

Thanked 37,020 Times in 17,082 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob's Girl View Post
Praise be to God, my man was recently accepted by the National Post Conviction Project, a wonderful group established by Trump. They do cost money, but they can help. I had a recent discussion with someone there. He was telling me about how Clinton privatized prisons, allowing stocks to be bought. This ultimately led to longer terms, bad treatment, all those things we complain about. He was telling me how NPCP is working to stop the privatisation of prisons.

He further educated me on Clinton's habeas corpus regulations which have made it next to impossible to fight the system anymore, leaving prisoners powerless, and how they're trying to put a stop to that as well.

Anyway, if anyone knows of a way I can help join forces to put an end to the privatisation of prisons and remove these ridiculous habeas corpus mandates, please let me know. Thank you!
I truly hope your contact with National Post Conviction Project leads to your lo being re-sentenced to a lesser sentence so he may come home much sooner

....I don't want to bust your bubble, but I have to ask: You do realize that they / their attorneys do not represent their clients / paying customers in court. The attorneys are there to "supervise" paralegals and post conviction "experts" researching the case, writing up - whatever they write up - recommendations; papers for your lo to file pro se with the court.

And this, IMHO, is Republican BS:
Quote:
He was telling me about how Clinton privatized prisons, allowing stocks to be bought.

Clinton did not privatize the prisons, they've been around since after the civil war as a way for plantations to make money off the backs of (mostly black) inmates (see below for history of private prisons):

https://time.com/5405158/the-true-hi...ison-industry/

Clinton did sign H.R.3355 - Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994 - Truth-in-sentencing (85%), 3-srtikes law for VOs (life)

However, it was Republican President Ronald Reagan's War on Drugs that ultimately led to vastly increased prison populations, which in turn led to the resurgence of private prisons:

https://www.criminaljusticeprograms.com/articles/private-prisons-vs-public-prisons/

As you can see, what started this mess can also end it: Legislation. If you want to help eradicate private prisons, contact your reps in Washington, lobby, make you voice heard by attending rallys, ...and VOTE.

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
Guy’sGirl74 (06-02-2020)
Old 06-02-2020, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born View Post
can you please give me an estimate of what their fees are and how to go about applying.

Thank you
https://postconviction.org/
They may be only based out of Nevada. Idk
Old 06-02-2020, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob's Girl View Post
https://postconviction.org/
They may be only based out of Nevada. Idk

Thank you
The Following User Says Thank You to Born For This Useful Post:
Jacob's Girl (06-03-2020)