Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > BECOMING INVOLVED > Prison Activism
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison Activism What's going on? How to become involved.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-01-2020, 02:14 PM
Jacob's Girl's Avatar
Jacob's Girl Jacob's Girl is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: TN, USA
Posts: 197
Thanks: 169
Thanked 122 Times in 80 Posts
Default NPCP and stopping the privatisation of prisons

Praise be to God, my man was recently accepted by the National Post Conviction Project, a wonderful group established by Trump. They do cost money, but they can help. I had a recent discussion with someone there. He was telling me about how Clinton privatized prisons, allowing stocks to be bought. This ultimately led to longer terms, bad treatment, all those things we complain about. He was telling me how NPCP is working to stop the privatisation of prisons.

He further educated me on Clinton's habeas corpus regulations which have made it next to impossible to fight the system anymore, leaving prisoners powerless, and how they're trying to put a stop to that as well.

Anyway, if anyone knows of a way I can help join forces to put an end to the privatisation of prisons and remove these ridiculous habeas corpus mandates, please let me know. Thank you!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 06-01-2020, 03:46 PM
Born's Avatar
Born Born is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: N/A
Posts: 709
Thanks: 365
Thanked 532 Times in 341 Posts
Default

can you please give me an estimate of what their fees are and how to go about applying.


Thank you
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-01-2020, 08:55 PM
patchouli's Avatar
patchouli patchouli is offline
PTO Administrator
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 43,477
Thanks: 44,543
Thanked 37,020 Times in 17,082 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob's Girl View Post
Praise be to God, my man was recently accepted by the National Post Conviction Project, a wonderful group established by Trump. They do cost money, but they can help. I had a recent discussion with someone there. He was telling me about how Clinton privatized prisons, allowing stocks to be bought. This ultimately led to longer terms, bad treatment, all those things we complain about. He was telling me how NPCP is working to stop the privatisation of prisons.

He further educated me on Clinton's habeas corpus regulations which have made it next to impossible to fight the system anymore, leaving prisoners powerless, and how they're trying to put a stop to that as well.

Anyway, if anyone knows of a way I can help join forces to put an end to the privatisation of prisons and remove these ridiculous habeas corpus mandates, please let me know. Thank you!
I truly hope your contact with National Post Conviction Project leads to your lo being re-sentenced to a lesser sentence so he may come home much sooner

....I don't want to bust your bubble, but I have to ask: You do realize that they / their attorneys do not represent their clients / paying customers in court. The attorneys are there to "supervise" paralegals and post conviction "experts" researching the case, writing up - whatever they write up - recommendations; papers for your lo to file pro se with the court.

And this, IMHO, is Republican BS:
Quote:
He was telling me about how Clinton privatized prisons, allowing stocks to be bought.

Clinton did not privatize the prisons, they've been around since after the civil war as a way for plantations to make money off the backs of (mostly black) inmates (see below for history of private prisons):

https://time.com/5405158/the-true-hi...ison-industry/

Clinton did sign H.R.3355 - Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994 - Truth-in-sentencing (85%), 3-srtikes law for VOs (life)

However, it was Republican President Ronald Reagan's War on Drugs that ultimately led to vastly increased prison populations, which in turn led to the resurgence of private prisons:

https://www.criminaljusticeprograms.com/articles/private-prisons-vs-public-prisons/

As you can see, what started this mess can also end it: Legislation. If you want to help eradicate private prisons, contact your reps in Washington, lobby, make you voice heard by attending rallys, ...and VOTE.
__________________
prisontalkhelp@gmail.com

patchouli, PTO Admin



Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
Guy’sGirl74 (06-02-2020)
  #4  
Old 06-02-2020, 06:22 AM
Jacob's Girl's Avatar
Jacob's Girl Jacob's Girl is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: TN, USA
Posts: 197
Thanks: 169
Thanked 122 Times in 80 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born View Post
can you please give me an estimate of what their fees are and how to go about applying.


Thank you
https://postconviction.org/
They may be only based out of Nevada. Idk
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-02-2020, 09:15 PM
Born's Avatar
Born Born is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: N/A
Posts: 709
Thanks: 365
Thanked 532 Times in 341 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob's Girl View Post
https://postconviction.org/
They may be only based out of Nevada. Idk

Thank you
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Born For This Useful Post:
Jacob's Girl (06-03-2020)
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Privatisation back on the agenda in Queensland Becky2 Australia/ NZ General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat 5 03-01-2013 07:31 PM
Stopping in to say hello I'm His Mom The Parents Forum Lounge 6 05-01-2009 12:50 PM
Prison Privatisation Report International no 63, with names of stockholders Truth Seeker World Prison News 1 09-09-2004 08:28 AM
Federal Bureau of Prisons Changes + BOP Stopping Transfers? Gr8wife Federal Prison Self Surrendering Information 26 07-26-2004 12:45 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:53 AM.
Copyright © 2001- 2019 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics