Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to the Federal Prison & the Criminal Justice System that do not fit into any other Federal sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 07-25-2016, 01:56 AM
Nicole

Default They Took All His Money/Can They Do That?

Sorry, I wasn't sure where to post. My man is being held in the SHU in FCI Mendota. He's transferring to Herlong and this is his last stop. He's in the SHU because they have no hold over facility. He's been there almost 3 weeks so hopefully will be leaving soon. I had an email from his mum this morning to say they have taken all his money. Why would they do that? And can they do that? I'm waiting to hear back from her again. He called me when he arrived there and told me he only gets one call every 30 days. He's been there for 18 so I'm guessing they let him call his mum. Any help would be appreciated!
The Following User Says Thank You to Nicole_Pace For This Useful Post:
06fsrk (08-02-2016)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2016, 07:32 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 20,146 Times in 11,759 Posts

He needs to find out the details of what happened from someone in his unit team at Mendota or Herlong.

Here is the bop policy statement about their inmate financial responsibility program, IFRP, which is the only way I know for them to attach a prisoner's money. It is a voluntary program that he would have to approve, but if he chooses not to "volunteer", he will be punished.
https://www.bop.gov/policy/progstat/5380_008.pdf
Old 08-26-2018, 07:28 PM

My husband is in the SHU also, herd from him once, can he write, I hate this
The Following User Says Thank You to cleanfiend For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (08-27-2018)