Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Federal prison Visitation info & issues, Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics.

Old 11-18-2017, 06:09 AM

Default Questions about Tablets in Federal facilities

Hi:
My husband is at FCI Loretto and rumors are afloat that they will be getting tablets soon. I anyone on here with a loved one in a Federal facility that has received tablets and can share info (cost, usability, features)?
Thank you.
Dave H.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2017, 06:27 AM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 6,543 Times in 2,974 Posts

Hi there I have moved your question to our federal forum so our members with loved ones in federal facilities can assist you.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army
Old 11-18-2017, 09:15 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 17,314 Times in 10,447 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk. I hope you receive answers from members in any federal prison that is allowing inmates to have computers/tablets.
Old 11-18-2017, 01:03 PM

Thanked 1,085 Times in 603 Posts

I'd expect GTL or Securus or whoever would be providing them to have a news release on their web site if that's going to happen.

Here's a random DOJ blurb from last year:
Quote:
Launching a tablet-based pilot program for inmate education. BOP is launching a pilot program to determine the feasibility of a “blended” education model that combines classroom instruction with online education (provided through tablets customized for the prison environment). Similar pilots have been successfully launched in Ohio and California. The pilot program will be rolled out at two prisons in early 2017 and will be expanded to additional sites in future years. BOP is currently reviewing bids from vendors to provide the necessary hardware and software for the pilot program.
They'd have to post it to fedbizopps.gov if they were going to award a contract. Blessed if I can figure out how to search that site.
fbopnomore (11-18-2017)