Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Federal prison Visitation info & issues, Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics.

Old 10-02-2017, 07:12 PM

Default Coleman 2: Accepting Phone Calls and Sending Money from Australia?

Hi everyone,

I am from Australia and I have a PP in Coleman 2 in Florida. We have been writing for some time, snail mail and CorrLinks and he would like to call me. He said to use pigeon ly however they donít seem to want to let me register, probably because I am in Australia. Does anybody know how I can get him to call me? I have tried to look up rules etc and I canít find much. Would he be allowed to call me on a Skype number, if it is calling to the app as opposed to rediverting to my phone?

Also, I wanted to send him a few dollars for his birthday. I note that in Australia I canít use western union or money gram. TextBehind arenít doing money orders anymore. Does anybody know of any other ways I can deposit him something?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
The Following User Says Thank You to illusion12 For This Useful Post:
shellh37 (10-02-2017)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2017, 08:14 PM

I am in Canada. And was wondering if there are any other ways to deposit money to them. I don't like using Western Union. And can't use my prepaid credit card Visa or my bank card on joay. It only work for buying stamps on jpay. At one time my prepaid credit card was accepted. But not anymore.
Old 10-03-2017, 02:37 AM

I’m from Ireland and got a number through pigeonly. Try and talk to their customer service and I think they will be able to help.

Yes textbehind is down . Hopefully they will be back. At the minute I get what is called a bank draft here and what I think is called a cashiers check in America. It has to be in the currency of US dollars. I then post it to the lockbox in Iowa (can’t get address now as on my phone). He does get it but there is a 45 day hold because it’s a ‘foreign negotiable instrument’. It’s not a great process but it’s all that works for me at the minute.
Old 10-03-2017, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle82 View Post
Iím from Ireland and got a number through pigeonly. Try and talk to their customer service and I think they will be able to help.

Yes textbehind is down . Hopefully they will be back. At the minute I get what is called a bank draft here and what I think is called a cashiers check in America. It has to be in the currency of US dollars. I then post it to the lockbox in Iowa (canít get address now as on my phone). He does get it but there is a 45 day hold because itís a Ďforeign negotiable instrumentí. Itís not a great process but itís all that works for me at the minute.
Thanks. I have sent a message to pigeon ly. Hopefully they rely soon. I will wait for TextBehind to hopefully get their money orders back, the bank cheque sounds difficult! If only western union would let us pay...
Old 10-03-2017, 05:44 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 17,320 Times in 10,450 Posts

You can mail a Canadian or Australian bank money order, payable in US Dollars, to the lock box in Des Moines, IA.
https://www.bop.gov/inmates/communications.jsp#money

It will be held for 15 days, only US Post Office MOs are posted immediately.
Old 10-03-2017, 06:07 AM

The bank draft is okay. I ask my bank for an ‘international bank draft in US Dollars’. You then ask that is made payable to his name and inmate number eg Joe Bloggs 12345678
The Following User Says Thank You to Twinkle82 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (10-03-2017)
Old 10-05-2017, 12:16 AM

I have registered for pigeonly now, let’s see if it works! Thanks everyone.
Old 10-14-2017, 11:33 AM
Mrs. Torres

Quote:
Originally Posted by illusion12 View Post
I have registered for pigeonly now, let’s see if it works! Thanks everyone.
Hope pigonly helps you

Last edited by Hano0oy85; 10-14-2017 at 11:48 AM..
Old 10-14-2017, 04:43 PM

I think I may have worked out how to send funds through western union from overseas. I signed up on the US site and used a US shipping address. My transfer was then on hold, i called them from my local phone and they asked me some questions and released the funds! Letís see if it works.
Old 10-21-2017, 10:58 AM

If you go to an actual western union office, they can do the quick collect from there. I guess it’s not very common outside of the US, so sometimes you have to ask for a manager to get it done because the normal teller don’t know what a quick collect is.
04/05/2016 I immigrated to the US
10/27/2016 My husband received Presidential clemency

Old 10-22-2017, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovebirds View Post
If you go to an actual western union office, they can do the quick collect from there. I guess itís not very common outside of the US, so sometimes you have to ask for a manager to get it done because the normal teller donít know what a quick collect is.

I had tried 3 places here and none of them knew what a quick collect was