Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Federal prison Visitation info & issues, Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics.

Old 10-31-2007, 03:52 PM
Lex Talionis

Default Questions on: authorized visitor & phone list, pre-paid calls & visitor logs

Hi everybody,

I've got a few questions that I was hoping somebody could help me understand.

1 - AUTHORIZED VISITOR & PHONE LISTS - Does a federal inmate have to have visitors & phone contacts "authorized" in advance of the visit or call? And if so, can the spouse get a copy of the "authorized" list so as to see who has been added/taken off?

2 - PRE-PAID CALLS - Basically, same as above but does a pre-paid outgoing call have to be to a "pre-authorized" recipient on the list or, can the inmate call anybody?

3 - VISITOR LOGS - I know the BOP keeps visitor logs (b/c I've signed in enough times...) but, can a non-incarcerated spouse review the list to see who's been visiting other than themselves?

Any help will be really appreciated.
The Following User Says Thank You to wsking63 For This Useful Post:
Lytebryte (10-04-2017)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2007, 04:05 PM
Fairy Fed Mother

Thanked 3,224 Times in 1,393 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsking63
Hi everybody,

I've got a few questions that I was hoping somebody could help me understand.

1 - AUTHORIZED VISITOR & PHONE LISTS - Does a federal inmate have to have visitors & phone contacts "authorized" in advance of the visit or call? And if so, can the spouse get a copy of the "authorized" list so as to see who has been added/taken off?

Yes every visitor MUST be approved to visit. They have to fill out a visitors form and send it to the Warden for approval. UNLESS that person was on the PSI/PSR then they are already approved, such as parents or spouses. As for seeing the list, I think you can just ask the inmate for a copy. I'm not sure about this as I never asked to see my man's visitors list, so I don't know if they all have a copy of their list or not.

2 - PRE-PAID CALLS - Basically, same as above but does a pre-paid outgoing call have to be to a "pre-authorized" recipient on the list or, can the inmate call anybody?

All calls, pre-paid or collect must be to numbers that are on the inmates authorized call list. A federal inmate can not just pick up the phone and call a number that's not on his list, all numbers have to be pre-approved.

3 - VISITOR LOGS - I know the BOP keeps visitor logs (b/c I've signed in enough times...) but, can a non-incarcerated spouse review the list to see who's been visiting other than themselves?

This one I'm not to sure of, I don't think it would be allowed because you aren't the only one signing in the book and any information that doesn't pretain to you is not your business so it would be hard for them to give you a copy of the visit log because other people names, inmate names and numbers are on there and really there is no need for you to see that list.

Any help will be really appreciated.
I guess you must be going thru something where you think someone else is visiting. The only way to find out much of this information, like who's on his visiting list and approved numbers list is to ask him to send you a copy of those list. I don't think you can just call to the prison and ask them to send you those things...they'd just tell you to ask the inmate. And I really don't think you'll have any luck getting a copy of the visitors log. I wish you well!

GO BULLS!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Csmcgrl23 For This Useful Post:
Lovebirds (10-08-2017), Lytebryte (10-04-2017)
Old 10-31-2007, 07:49 PM
Lex Talionis

Thanks for the explanation. Also, you're right, I'm going through an emotional desert of distrust and suspicion due to things discovered during her absence. It isn't a good place to be and with less than 60 days left on her 10mo sentence, I'm having some serious doubts about our 19yr relationship making it through this. We'll see...

thanks again,
The Following User Says Thank You to wsking63 For This Useful Post:
Lytebryte (10-04-2017)
Old 10-31-2007, 10:37 PM
Fairy Fed Mother

Thanked 3,224 Times in 1,393 Posts

Only time will tell...that's always what I say, when he was away and even now still...only time will tell if you will make it thru. Remember to try to keep forgiveness in your heart if at all possible and remember we all deserve another chance. But I also hope she can put forth all the effort in the world to get your trust back. Hang in there as time will tell and that time is approaching fast!!!

GO BULLS!!!
Old 11-01-2007, 09:29 PM

I say show up on a visit unannounced and see who else shows up.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:16 AM
Lex Talionis

Cottagegal,

I had considered surprising her until she lost her visitation due to receiving a "305 Shot" for having contraband. Even though I wanted it to be a happy surprise visit, I may have been the one getting...surprised.

Anyway, I like your thinking and appreciate your taking time to offer advice.

Be safe,
Old 10-04-2017, 01:02 AM
Everyday I'm Missing Him!

I check the book all the time when I miss a weekend or two.. lol No problems at all!

God gives his toughest battles, to his strongest💪🏼 soldiers!. I'm loyal to the soil... And nobody can change that.. The wait is almost over, and I'm patiently waiting on Babe!. ⌛️ ❤️💯🤷🏽

Last edited by Lytebryte; 10-04-2017 at 01:05 AM.. Reason: Wrong post
Old 10-04-2017, 01:04 AM
Everyday I'm Missing Him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsking63 View Post
Thanks for the explanation. Also, you're right, I'm going through an emotional desert of distrust and suspicion due to things discovered during her absence. It isn't a good place to be and with less than 60 days left on her 10mo sentence, I'm having some serious doubts about our 19yr relationship making it through this. We'll see...

thanks again,

Yes, they can get a copy of their approved email and phone list.. And every time I miss a weekend or two I don't ask anybody for nothing. I politely flip the pages of the book back and look while I'm signing for the day... I've had no problems whatsoever.. lol They don't care at a USP REALLY!. I watched them let the side chick in with the wife and her baby a few weeks ago.. AND THE WIFE WENT OFF ONCE SHE PUT IT TOGETHER!.. 🙀🤷🏾*♀️ And the CO's said well if there's less then 5 ppl already on the visit we will let up to 5 ppl visit st a time..

Not that he has given me any type of suspicion, but you never now these days!. And I'm nobody's fool!.. 🤷🏽*♀️

God gives his toughest battles, to his strongest💪🏼 soldiers!. I'm loyal to the soil... And nobody can change that.. The wait is almost over, and I'm patiently waiting on Babe!. ⌛️ ❤️💯🤷🏽
Old 10-04-2017, 02:07 PM

Thanked 2,214 Times in 763 Posts

Call me crazy but I feel that’s her personal information and you aren’t entitled to it.

The prison here agrees with me. It isn’t federal, but the inmate would have to be the one providing this type of information. The inmate can request a copy of the list and mail it out. Couldn’t you ask her to share it if you are curious?
Old 10-08-2017, 09:43 AM

1. Visitation lists must be authorized by the Unit Team. The only way you get a copy of it is if your husband sends it to you.

2. Phone list is not authorized but it must be made prior to the call by your husband adding the name and number to his list so he can’t just pick up and call someone.

3. You can try flipping through the book when you go to visit but you can’t get a copy of it or of the electronic list of your husband’s visits.

If you’re worrying about your husband getting visits from someone he shouldn’t, you can always ask your husband for a copy of the visitation list. If he has nothing to hide, he’ll send a copy to you without comments because it’s easily printed off of his account.
04/05/2016 I immigrated to the US
10/27/2016 My husband received Presidential clemency

Old 10-08-2017, 09:54 AM

Thanked 3,469 Times in 1,624 Posts

This thread was started on

10-31-2007, 04:52 PM
The Following User Says Thank You to safran For This Useful Post:
bellisq (10-14-2017)