Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Federal prison Visitation info & issues, Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics.

Old 10-05-2012, 09:03 PM
Jabba's Wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbopnomore View Post
Maybe there will be different people working the visiting room that day, or if it is the same ones, they are in a better mood. Even though they are permitted to search cars, I bet yours was singled out, so that is not something you want to have happen every time you visit. It sounds like you are doing everything you can do, so I hope your next visit goes well.
Thanku so much. I think I am going to file a complaint with FED CARE
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2014, 08:23 PM

What if you use organic soaps with hemp can they still kick you out?
Old 01-29-2014, 04:10 PM
Love Me Some Him

Default USP Big Sandy

At USP Big Sandy, this test is performed on EVERYONE that visits, every time. Each time I have visited, AT LEAST one person fails. The first person that I witnessed failing the test was an 80+ year old grandmother, who was so distraught that she left the facility in tears. Three additional people failed that day as well. On my next visit, a lady tested positive on her first scan. She let them know that she had chapstick in her pocket (their response was "That won't matter"); however, she passed the second test after removing the chapstick.
There seems to be no rhyme or reason with this machine. I don't even pay for my hotel room until I have passed the scanner for the day In recent visits, they appear to be letting people who have failed have non-contact visits, rather than making them leave immediately.
The Following User Says Thank You to Red's Rida For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (01-29-2014)
Old 07-13-2015, 08:19 PM

Are they still using this stupid machine? I am going for my first visit to see my friend in Terre Haute this Saturday. I'm already nervous enough about going through all the stuff they will require. This doesn't help matters!
Old 07-14-2015, 08:16 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 17,317 Times in 10,449 Posts

Not all visitors are checked by the ion scanner, so chances are pretty good that you won't be one of them.
Old 07-14-2015, 09:36 PM

They still use them along with random body pat down searches.
Old 07-21-2015, 06:29 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 8,361 Times in 4,630 Posts

There is no telling if you will be one of the "chosen ones" so just make sure you wear freshly laundered clothes. A lot of the difficulties that used to occur with false positives do not seem to be occurring since the software was upgraded. Use of the ion scan is supposed to be "random" but I know they also use it with people they suspect - and those who have failed it in the past. For a while at one prison, they would use it on all first-time visitors. Don't worry too much about it because it's something over which you have no control - except to not handle drugs and wash your clothes.
Old 08-05-2016, 02:43 PM

I take a prescription opiate. How long before the visit should I stop taking it? I will be driving 4 hours and don't want anything to interfere with the visit. Thanks.