Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > LOUISIANA > Louisiana Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Louisiana Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information relating to parole, probation, work release and community service in Louisiana should be posted here.

Old 09-11-2017, 03:09 PM

Default Out of state parole to Louisiana??

One of my oldest and best friends has been in Prison in Michigan for the last 8 years. We are looking forward to her next parole hearing in the spring and trying to make plans and preparations.

She has expressed interest in getting paroled her in Louisiana, but I have no idea what I need to do, or if i will be able to take her in, or if Louisiana, is a tougher state to parole to. Any help would be appriciated.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2017, 04:15 PM
Crazy Cajun Super Moderator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member PTO Super Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 19,064 Times in 7,392 Posts

Your friend would have to apply for an Interstate Compact, and if she has no family in Louisiana that could help her transition, her chances of paroling to Louisiana are slim to none.

Old 09-11-2017, 07:43 PM

Thanked 11,104 Times in 6,007 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeTraveler View Post
Your friend would have to apply for an Interstate Compact, and if she has no family in Louisiana that could help her transition, her chances of paroling to Louisiana are slim to none.
And Slim was most recently seen riding out of town...

Additionally, Louisiana is not noted as being a good State to have supervision transferred into. It is better than Florida but far worse than most...and even worse than Michigan, which is a veritable cesspool when it comes to parole supervision.
The Following User Says Thank You to CenTexLyn For This Useful Post:
LifeTraveler (09-11-2017)
Old 09-12-2017, 01:35 PM

Thank you. It sucks when you are like family but not . She was an only child and we were like sisters growing up. I have a few friends that I consider framry (friends that are family). It is something that I take seriously. Sometimes your framry is there for you more than your family.

I think she would do well here as far as there being opportunities, and she has me, to help her build a support system, and network for her. Her other first choice is a town I. Michigan, where she has a place to stay, but doesn't really know anyone. If she ends up back in our hometown I have helped to recconect her with my best friend who knows her, and she is building a support network with our group of friends. But it is a super small town, and there aren't many opportunities even for someone without a record. Not to mention, what happened to her was big news, and they really demonized her. So I worry about the stigma.
Old 09-12-2017, 05:04 PM
Crazy Cajun Super Moderator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member PTO Super Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 19,064 Times in 7,392 Posts

Unfortunately for many, that is how it is. Friends can be the best family support that there could ever be, but the system doesn't see it that way. That is truly so unfortunate.