Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Adult Children and Siblings of Inmates
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Adult Children and Siblings of Inmates For Adult Children, brothers and sisters of prisoners

Old 06-14-2018, 03:23 PM

Default Update: 3 weeks and still no sentencing

Hello,

So, my mum has been in prison for three weeks now. There's been many ups and downs and yet... still no sentencing! Today the judge was off sick so it got postponed for a second time (the first was due to a mix-up with prison transport...). We have no new date yet.

My mother was hospitalised on day three as the prison failed to get her any insulin for the first three days... Not a promising start.

I'm on a high right now because I've just had a call from my mum so I know she's 'okay'. But there have been some serious lows along the road. Hospitalisation aside, someone killed herself at my mum's prison last week. This hit my mum hard because she'd spoken with the woman not long before; while the inevitable 'one less burden on the taxpayer' response from the outside world hit me hard.

I'd like to take this moment to thank the people who commented on my first post. You all helped to get me through that first weekend and my gratitude knows no bounds. I wish none of us were on this journey, but your survival of it has given me hope.

xx
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NoCasserole For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (06-14-2018), sidewalker (06-15-2018)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2018, 07:20 PM

Thanked 2,656 Times in 1,252 Posts

For now, it is best not to read social.media and peoples comments about crimes in general. They are hateful and disgusting most of the time.

I'm glad you heard from her. It is quite scary especially with medical issues. Hopefully someone from your country maybe able to help you navigate the handling medical in your country as it would be different from here I assume.
Keep us updated

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to onedayatatime13 For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (06-15-2018), NoCasserole (06-15-2018), sidewalker (06-15-2018)
Old 06-15-2018, 06:14 AM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 6,607 Times in 2,659 Posts

It is terrifying. I'm glad you heard from her though.

Waiting for sentencing is the worst part of it all. You will make it through though, one day at a time. Those of us who have been here a while? We went through it too, we were emotional messes while going through it and to a person, all of us would say that the stage of the process you're in is the absolute worst.

Just remember to breathe.

I'm very sorry to hear about the suicide. While they are rare, they have all the more impact because of their scarcity.

I hope you or your mom can get medical straightened out so she doesn't run into problems with her diabetes again.

Breathe. Then breathe again. We're here for you.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (06-15-2018), NoCasserole (06-15-2018), sidewalker (06-15-2018)
Old 06-15-2018, 06:24 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 28,511 Times in 14,373 Posts

Sentencing is hard to go thru.
I think it took quite a long time for my hub to be sentenced. We had at least 3 attempts at it.
One I dont remember what happened and why, one my hubs attny's wife became seriously ill.
on the final time, he was sentenced.

Hang in there.

That's my dog's nose art

The Following User Says Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
NoCasserole (06-15-2018)
Old 06-15-2018, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerM View Post
It is terrifying. I'm glad you heard from her though.

Waiting for sentencing is the worst part of it all. You will make it through though, one day at a time. Those of us who have been here a while? We went through it too, we were emotional messes while going through it and to a person, all of us would say that the stage of the process you're in is the absolute worst.

Just remember to breathe.

I'm very sorry to hear about the suicide. While they are rare, they have all the more impact because of their scarcity.

I hope you or your mom can get medical straightened out so she doesn't run into problems with her diabetes again.

Breathe. Then breathe again. We're here for you.
Thank you, GingerM. I was very sorry to hear/read about your father. I hope you are looking after yourself as well as keeping the rest of us above water x
The Following User Says Thank You to NoCasserole For This Useful Post:
GingerM (06-16-2018)
Old 06-16-2018, 06:48 AM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 6,607 Times in 2,659 Posts

Along with Sidewalker's comment, my Dad was arrested in August, and sentenced the following February. It's a long time to be under that kind of stress load.

Do as much as you can to take care of yourself. It's hard to remember to do that when you're under so much stress, but try.
The Following User Says Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (06-16-2018)