Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Met While Incarcerated
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Met While Incarcerated Were you introduced by a friend or family member after he/she was incarcerated? Did you meet as Pen Pals? This Forum is for you!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-10-2018, 09:33 PM
candy candy is offline
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 966
Thanks: 1,208
Thanked 217 Times in 142 Posts
Default So excited that I finally got approved for visits with my MWI!!!

I am so excited and nervous at the same time. I was denied for visits when I applied back in October because they said I didn't include my arrest on the application. I had just spent a night in jail and it was back in 1988. I sent a letter and another application last week and my love just informed me that I was approved!!! I am so excited and he said that he is happy too. We have been communicating 6 years and I haven't visited. He is in federal and every time I planned to visit, he was transferred or the prison he was currently at was on lock down. He will be released in November, but I want to visit before he come home. I have some planning to do!!!
__________________


Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to candy For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (02-11-2018), Sarianna (02-12-2018)
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 02-10-2018, 09:48 PM
istrueblue's Avatar
istrueblue istrueblue is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 1,184
Thanks: 261
Thanked 230 Times in 97 Posts
Default

Congrats
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to istrueblue For This Useful Post:
candy (02-10-2018)
  #3  
Old 02-10-2018, 10:03 PM
HisPeaches's Avatar
HisPeaches HisPeaches is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: NC, USA
Posts: 124
Thanks: 68
Thanked 82 Times in 45 Posts
Default

Yayyy that's awesome
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HisPeaches For This Useful Post:
candy (02-10-2018)
  #4  
Old 02-10-2018, 10:30 PM
AndyS's Avatar
AndyS AndyS is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Texas US
Posts: 1,155
Thanks: 1,383
Thanked 2,189 Times in 783 Posts
Default

That’s great! Enjoy your visit. First visits are very memorable.
__________________
A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of a sheep.

“Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own”
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AndyS For This Useful Post:
candy (02-10-2018)
  #5  
Old 02-10-2018, 11:21 PM
candy candy is offline
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 966
Thanks: 1,208
Thanked 217 Times in 142 Posts
Default

Thanks everyone! This visit is wayyyy overdue!
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-11-2018, 07:05 AM
maytayah's Avatar
maytayah maytayah is online now
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

 

Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: England Uk
Posts: 5,569
Thanks: 5,245
Thanked 7,172 Times in 3,192 Posts
Default

Have a wonderful visit , first visits are always so wonderful , make sure you come back and tell us all about it.
In fact you have just reminded me of my first visit to my now ex and all those tingly nerves came rushing back.
You will have a wonderful time.
__________________
"Do not judge me by my successes, judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again." Nelson Mandela.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
candy (02-11-2018)
  #7  
Old 02-11-2018, 08:25 AM
cmilly91 cmilly91 is online now
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Florida/US
Posts: 30
Thanks: 1
Thanked 15 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy View Post
I am so excited and nervous at the same time. I was denied for visits when I applied back in October because they said I didn't include my arrest on the application. I had just spent a night in jail and it was back in 1988. I sent a letter and another application last week and my love just informed me that I was approved!!! I am so excited and he said that he is happy too. We have been communicating 6 years and I haven't visited. He is in federal and every time I planned to visit, he was transferred or the prison he was currently at was on lock down. He will be released in November, but I want to visit before he come home. I have some planning to do!!!
Congrats! I know that you must be very excited I really hope that you enjoy your visit.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cmilly91 For This Useful Post:
candy (02-11-2018)
  #8  
Old 02-11-2018, 10:15 AM
candy candy is offline
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 966
Thanks: 1,208
Thanked 217 Times in 142 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maytayah View Post
Have a wonderful visit , first visits are always so wonderful , make sure you come back and tell us all about it.
In fact you have just reminded me of my first visit to my now ex and all those tingly nerves came rushing back.
You will have a wonderful time.
Yes...I will make sure to tell you all about it!!
__________________


Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to candy For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (02-12-2018)
  #9  
Old 02-14-2018, 09:47 AM
URSUNSHINE's Avatar
URSUNSHINE URSUNSHINE is offline
Love Endures All
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Milwaukee, WI USA
Posts: 1,708
Thanks: 105
Thanked 76 Times in 60 Posts
Default

Aww..................................
Candy, I am so excited for you!
__________________
I LOVE YOU STINKY POT
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to URSUNSHINE For This Useful Post:
candy (02-14-2018)
  #10  
Old 02-14-2018, 09:08 PM
candy candy is offline
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 966
Thanks: 1,208
Thanked 217 Times in 142 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by URSUNSHINE View Post
Aww..................................
Candy, I am so excited for you!
Thanks Sunshine!
__________________


Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to candy For This Useful Post:
URSUNSHINE (02-15-2018)
  #11  
Old 02-15-2018, 12:24 PM
judiwoo's Avatar
judiwoo judiwoo is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Nevada/UK
Posts: 980
Thanks: 232
Thanked 906 Times in 524 Posts
Default

Have a great visit. The first visit is always so special
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to judiwoo For This Useful Post:
candy (02-15-2018)
  #12  
Old 02-15-2018, 03:35 PM
Lumimarja Lumimarja is online now
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Finland. 4047 miles away.
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

How long it took them to accept it? I sent a month ago my visiting application to Rush City, Minnesota.. And i havent had i respond or anything. Im waiting to get approved so i could make video visit with my man.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-15-2018, 09:55 PM
candy candy is offline
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 966
Thanks: 1,208
Thanked 217 Times in 142 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumimarja View Post
How long it took them to accept it? I sent a month ago my visiting application to Rush City, Minnesota.. And i havent had i respond or anything. Im waiting to get approved so i could make video visit with my man.
It usually takes between 1-2 weeks to get a response unless their counselor is out on vacation or something. It took me 4 months this time because I was denied the first time and had to wait to reapply. It all depends on their counselor. Hopefully you will hear something soon. If not, have your man talk to his counselor to see what is going on.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old Today, 11:56 AM
cmilly91 cmilly91 is online now
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Florida/US
Posts: 30
Thanks: 1
Thanked 15 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy View Post
It usually takes between 1-2 weeks to get a response unless their counselor is out on vacation or something. It took me 4 months this time because I was denied the first time and had to wait to reapply. It all depends on their counselor. Hopefully you will hear something soon. If not, have your man talk to his counselor to see what is going on.
Is he in a federal prison? If so, did they approve you even if you didn't know him prior to his incarceration?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
So excited finally approved. Now it is time to get on the road! mrs.ryder GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions 18 06-05-2012 04:28 PM
Excited and Scared/Finally approved for visits! HisOutmate GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions 16 10-15-2010 07:33 PM
Finally, we have gotten visits approved.... miss k_0836 Oregon Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail 3 03-20-2009 12:37 PM
Visits,Finally Approved BUT... C_BLUE GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions 2 03-16-2008 07:27 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:47 PM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics