Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Parents with Children in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Parents with Children in Prison For the parents of prisoners

Old 02-09-2018, 12:10 PM
My Lovely Son

Thanked 2,154 Times in 804 Posts
Default Its Been A Few Years...

Its been a while since ive been here...a lot has happened in my life.
Not sure how many of you...that i know, are still here.

My son is still serving his 15 Year sentence he, has 3 years to go...He has done well. He works, goes to school and has managed to "Mostly" stay out of trouble...a few minor things in the past 9 years.

All in All...his Mind, Body and Spirit are in Tact! And that is most important to me.
It has been a Hard Year...To say the least.

I pray for everyone here...
CC'sMom (Yesterday), fbopnomore (02-09-2018), Fridyrr.Likn (02-09-2018), Itshardtowait (02-10-2018), jancy (02-11-2018), mandymoo (02-11-2018), Sarianna (02-10-2018), trauma4us (02-10-2018), xolady (02-09-2018)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2018, 12:41 PM
Heathen Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 2,697 Times in 1,297 Posts

Hi there and welcome back to Prison Talk! It sounds like you are on the downhill side of this! I hope he can keep out of trouble and get through the last 3 without incident!
The Following User Says Thank You to Fridyrr.Likn For This Useful Post:
Gavin123 (02-09-2018)
Old 02-09-2018, 04:11 PM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 

Thanked 28,606 Times in 10,399 Posts

Hello, Mom! You've held on for a long time, and it's good to see that you're still in one piece!
CC'sMom (Yesterday), Fridyrr.Likn (02-12-2018), Gavin123 (02-09-2018), mandymoo (02-11-2018), maytayah (02-09-2018)
Old 02-11-2018, 11:23 AM
Bars cannot keep out God

Thanked 22,931 Times in 6,336 Posts

Hello and Hugs! Good to hear the update. Your son is making his way through and soon will be out and then you will worry about that as well. LOL But it will be a good worry, normal worry...and your son will be older and wiser and much more mature. He will be ready for his freedom and have more coping tools.

I am still peeking in here now and then although my son has been out for over 10 years now. My son married, added 2 more kids to the 2 he fathered before his term. He has lived in three places that he and his wife bought, each one with more room to accommodate the growing family. He recently bought a farm, yep he bought the farm. He has chickens a big old tractor and a barn, a coon hound. He is still working at AA and at his job. He eventually paid off all fines and is driving again, has his own truck.

When he first got out, he walked out with only prison garb. No prospects for the future and a big chip on his shoulder. It took time, but after going through maybe 14 jobs and as many friendships...he has settled down. I think. He is much more loving to me and even the other day, he called to apologize for something he thought of that he said to me a long time ago.

His 4 kids to three different women all love one another and are together a lot. Three of the kids live with him and he is now a hockey/soccer dad. The one son of his who still lives with his mom stays over a lot, and all the women and kids get along. It is a weird family, but it is ours.

I still am active in prison ministry but in a different way. I write to two inmates as well as to inmates who go on weekend retreats within the prison.
There is hope. As long as there is love, there is hope. Love can make people want the best, and even if only one person believes in an inmate, they can rekindle the fire of love and hope inside them.

having your son's body, mind and spirit intact is very impressive, mom! I think you can exhale now. Gavin will be home soon and just fine!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jancy For This Useful Post:
CC'sMom (Yesterday), Fridyrr.Likn (02-12-2018), mandymoo (02-11-2018), nimuay (02-11-2018), SeekingJoy (02-20-2018), xolady (02-11-2018)
Old 02-11-2018, 04:28 PM

Thanked 4,613 Times in 1,668 Posts

Good to hear from you! Glad to hear your son is doing pretty well and sorry it's been a hard year for you-hoping this is a better one for you and yours!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
The Following User Says Thank You to mandymoo For This Useful Post:
CC'sMom (Yesterday)
Old 02-12-2018, 04:21 PM
but I'm not finished, !!!

Default Thanks so much for posting

jancy;7700483]Hello and Hugs! Good to hear the update. Your son is making his way through and soon will be out and then you will worry about that as well. LOL But it will be a good worry, normal worry...and your son will be older and wiser and much more mature. He will be ready for his freedom and have more coping tools.

I am still peeking in here now and then although my son has been out for over 10 years now. My son married, added 2 more kids to the 2 he fathered before his term. He has lived in three places that he and his wife bought, each one with more room to accommodate the growing family. He recently bought a farm, yep he bought the farm. He has chickens a big old tractor and a barn, a coon hound. He is still working at AA and at his job. He eventually paid off all fines and is driving again, has his own truck.

When he first got out, he walked out with only prison garb. No prospects for the future and a big chip on his shoulder. It took time, but after going through maybe 14 jobs and as many friendships...he has settled down. I think. He is much more loving to me and even the other day, he called to apologize for something he thought of that he said to me a long time ago.

His 4 kids to three different women all love one another and are together a lot. Three of the kids live with him and he is now a hockey/soccer dad. The one son of his who still lives with his mom stays over a lot, and all the women and kids get along. It is a weird family, but it is ours.

I still am active in prison ministry but in a different way. I write to two inmates as well as to inmates who go on weekend retreats within the prison.
There is hope. As long as there is love, there is hope. Love can make people want the best, and even if only one person believes in an inmate, they can rekindle the fire of love and hope inside them.

having your son's body, mind and spirit intact is very impressive, mom! I think you can exhale now. Gavin will be home soon and just fine!
[/quote]
Old 02-12-2018, 04:23 PM
but I'm not finished, !!!

Thanks. I am so discouraged.
I am about to give up on my.son. I am.just tired. And he still
Has a hard head.
I haven't been here in years and we still habe time to go.
Yet I feel he is never coming.home and what is going.to happens
And he has a new girl.friend.
I've read some of the post and I think I better hang with you
All. I need to be here.
CC'sMom (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm done View Post
Thanks. I am so discouraged.
I am about to give up on my.son. I am.just tired. And he still
Has a hard head.
I haven't been here in years and we still habe time to go.
Yet I feel he is never coming.home and what is going.to happens
And he has a new girl.friend.
I've read some of the post and I think I better hang with you
All. I need to be here.

I just saw your short posting today. You said you need to be here, which makes me glad that you are. I have learned that our children, specially when they are adults, don't want to be told what we think is best for them. I have one son back in prison, he will be out in September. This is his second "rodeo." Same sentence both times: 2 1/2 years but he gets out early for good behavior. I have learned that only consequences (that is imposed by the law -- not my husband and I) have a beneficial effect on him. He was out for 6 years and both my husband and I saw that he was decompensating and there was nothing we could do without his cooperation. This time, he is older and wiser. He has asked me very often for suggestions and I am very careful about answering him in a ways that he sees that HE is making the decision. One thing I am sure to do is to let him know how much I love him and miss him. He is the master of his destiny and whether he follows his parents suggestions (suggestions that he has requested) or not, I will always be his mom and will always love him. I let him know it. When he engages in behavior that gets him a prison sentence, I do not need to let him know that I am disappointed. He is already being punished. I do tell him how hard it is for me to see him incarcerated and that I miss him. When he gets out, he will have to do the right thing for himself so that he can stay out. I do not have the power to keep him out of trouble. This time, I have reasons to be more optimistic. Do let us know how you are doing.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CC'sMom For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (Yesterday), sidewalker (Today)