Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > KENTUCKY > Kentucky Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Kentucky Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Kentucky.

Old 05-28-2019, 10:32 PM

Default EKCC- How long can they keep you in isolation?

Is there a certain amount of time they can keep you in isolation? Itís been over a month since my brother has been in isolation. We called 2 weeks ago and the person I spoke to told me that he only had a few days left. I called again on Friday and now they just confirmed that heís in isolation and wonít tell me how much longer he has left. They did say that he hasnít left isolation. So I know itís not that he got in trouble or anything. We are worried sick about him he hasnít called or written back to us. He has money on his books and I know if he could communicate he would. I just donít know what to do. Any recommendations I would greatly appreciate it thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2019, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brod View Post
Is there a certain amount of time they can keep you in isolation? It’s been over a month since my brother has been in isolation. We called 2 weeks ago and the person I spoke to told me that he only had a few days left. I called again on Friday and now they just confirmed that he’s in isolation and won’t tell me how much longer he has left. They did say that he hasn’t left isolation. So I know it’s not that he got in trouble or anything. We are worried sick about him he hasn’t called or written back to us. He has money on his books and I know if he could communicate he would. I just don’t know what to do. Any recommendations I would greatly appreciate it thanks.
KYDOC changed the maximum time in Administrative Segregation (AS) to 30 days per infraction in 2018. Some caveats to this are that an inmate "under investigation" for an infraction can be placed in AS for the duration of the investigation, and there isn't a time limit on that. Of course, getting additional infractions while in AS will lengthen the time. Yes, you can continue to get in trouble, even in isolation.

It's also possible that they are in isolation for Protective Custody reasons.

While I know you are concerned for your loved one, I would highly suggest not contacting the prison staff as it makes them a target. There is nothing you can do for them on this side of the fence and you have to trust they are doing their time as best they can. Write them a letter expressing your love and the fact you are missing them, remind them that you can't visit if they are in isolation, and ask them to contact you once they get moved back to GP status.
The Following User Says Thank You to Grommish For This Useful Post:
Brod (06-02-2019)
Old 06-02-2019, 03:15 PM

Thanks for replying I did ended up calling the staff just because I wasn’t getting a response of what to do I just felt so helpless . I’m not sure if it was a coincidence or what but he was released back to GP after my call. I just called letting them know that it had been over a month since we’ve had contact with him and that we were worried. I was surprised to hear that he was allowed to make calls on the weekend and visitation on Monday. Anyway they good thing is that he’s out of there and we’re back in contact with him.
Old 06-27-2020, 09:38 AM

I have a question about the hole at EKCC. My boyfriend is in there and tried to call me. I was at work and my reception is poor at work...it disconnected before I had a chance to answer. I’m really upset as I haven’t spoken to him in nearly a week. My question is will he get a chance to call back if his first call couldn’t go through? His mom told me he would be able to make one phone call on a Sunday but today is Saturday. He’s not out of the hole yet so how could he call today? Will he be able to try again today or wait until tomorrow? I’ll be heartbroken if I just missed his one phone call for the week.