Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > CDCR - What You Need to Know > California Prison Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Prison Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss California prison Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics. If you have a question about or want to discuss these issues in a specific facility, please visit that facility's subforum in the California forum.

Old 05-17-2018, 12:48 PM

Default Photos sent from prison to home at Wasco?

Does anyone know if there are restrictions as far as what photos an inmate can send home to their partner? My LO has a few 'sexy photos' of me that I asked for him to send back (concerns about privacy, them getting lost etc) He is at Wasco in reception. He was able to receive the photos from me no problem over at Wayside, I'm just wondering if it would be hard to send them back to me? I believe they look at his mail before its sent. Would it not be allowed to send those kind of photos out? Nothing naked just photos of me in a bikini. I'm wondering also if he might be reluctant to send them in the mail as they might go 'missing'. Obviously I can't talk to him on the phone while he's in reception so we are just writing letters. Does anyone know any rules about this? Or would it be difficult for him to send them to me without the photos being tampered with? I know he is very protective and keeps them private I don't think it would be possible to hide them. Surely if they made their way in they could make their way back out. Any info would be appreciated. Thank you!!

Last edited by momof234; 05-17-2018 at 01:03 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2018, 12:49 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 18,838 Times in 6,797 Posts

He can send home photos. Mine has sent me the originals of his photos from the streets so I could make copies and send them back. He worries about stuff getting lost when he moves and this way I can always reproduce them.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (06-15-2018), momof234 (05-17-2018)
Old 05-17-2018, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post
He can send home photos. Mine has sent me the originals of his photos from the streets so I could make copies and send them back. He worries about stuff getting lost when he moves and this way I can always reproduce them.
Ok cool good to know thanks for your quick response. So there wouldnít be any restrictions as far as what kind of photos? Maybe Iím over analyzing it. Probably itís fine. Do you know if they look at the photos before he sends them home?
Old 05-17-2018, 01:30 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 18,838 Times in 6,797 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookingforLight View Post
Ok cool good to know thanks for your quick response. So there wouldnít be any restrictions as far as what kind of photos? Maybe Iím over analyzing it. Probably itís fine. Do you know if they look at the photos before he sends them home?

Yes, his mail is viewed before going out. Inmates cannot seal their envelopes, they put the mail in it, mailroom picks it up, examines it for contraband and then seals it. So they will see them.

If he has them in his possession now, they've already been seen by property staff. So they would have removed them had they deemed them inappropriate.

Unfortunately, there's no guarantee they won't go "missing". That's true for any incoming and outgoing mail. I don't think it happens often, but it does happen. It falls under the category of the things we can't control. :/
Old 05-17-2018, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Yes, his mail is viewed before going out. Inmates cannot seal their envelopes, they put the mail in it, mailroom picks it up, examines it for contraband and then seals it. So they will see them.

If he has them in his possession now, they've already been seen by property staff. So they would have removed them had they deemed them inappropriate.

Unfortunately, there's no guarantee they won't go "missing". That's true for any incoming and outgoing mail. I don't think it happens often, but it does happen. It falls under the category of the things we can't control. :/
Oh ok so itís the same for sending mail in and out. Now I wish I hadnít asked him to :/ it was actually sort of me being pissed off at him and asking for the photos. Hopefully he will get that .Oh well live and learn. Yeah I had some photos go Ďmissingí at Wasco so will be careful in future.
Old 06-15-2018, 02:29 PM

Quote:

Let me correct one statement here:

Inmates cannot seal their envelopes, they put the mail in it, mailroom picks it up, examines it for contraband and then seals it. So they will see them.

Mailroom does not pick up directly from inmates. The mail is collected by correctional staff inside the facility, they check it for contraband and then seal it, bag it up and leave it at the designated drop point for Mailroom to pick up the following day. Mailroom free staff does not inspect outgoing mail, only incoming.