Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OKLAHOMA > Oklahoma General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oklahoma General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Oklahoma that do not fit into any other Oklahoma sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 05-17-2018, 01:30 PM

Default CCF: 30 days off sentence for program, Warden will only give him 10 days?

I have a loved one at Ccf in Cushing he juSt recently completed the plumbing class which is supposed to be 30days off the back of his sentence but only received 10. Warden Lee told his case manager he IS only getting 10 bc heís almost home this canít be right. Ive contacted so many people and keep getting the run around. Anyone else have this issue? Or know of anyone else I can contact? Thanks in adavance!
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2018, 05:43 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 32,281 Times in 14,838 Posts

I'm not familiar with Oklahoma, but usually the amount of credit given for programs/classes etc is usually spelled out per Statute, that's state's laws.

Oklahoma Statutes

I found the following in Title 57: Prisons and Reformatories:

Quote:
H. Additional achievement earned credits for successful completion of departmentally approved programs or for attaining goals or standards set by the Department shall be awarded as follows:
Bachelor's degree...... 200 credits;
Associate's degree..... 100 credits;
High School Diploma or High School Equivalency Diploma...... 90 credits;
Certification of Completion of Vocational Training..... 80 credits;
Successful completion of Alcohol/Chemical Abuse Treatment Program of not less than four (4) months continuous participation 70 credits;
Successful completion of other Educational Accomplishments or other programs not specified in this subsection 10-30 credits;
I also looked at Oklahoma's DOC Policies & Procedures, but didn't see where it was spelled out how many days credit for program completion, just a single sentence statement that said:
Quote:
Achievement CreditsAdditional credits for successful completion of departmentally approved programs for attaining goals or standards set by the department will be awarded.
Page 22 - http://doc.ok.gov/Websites/doc/image...n%20manual.pdf

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
Okiebaby31 (05-17-2018), Sarianna (05-18-2018)
Old 05-17-2018, 05:58 PM

Thank you for helping! His teacher/counselor/co told him and the warden both that itís 30days. Iíve talked to Oklahoma DOC twice and was told I needed to contact the prison directly Iím waiting on a return call from the warden. Itís just interesting that heíd get 10 days for a program that took 3 months to complete 5 days a week for 5 hours a day but a class he took for an hour a wk. gave him 15. Nothing is adding up and his case manager basically told me to give up bc it was too complicated to fix. I wonít quit until itís fixed.
The Following User Says Thank You to Okiebaby31 For This Useful Post:
patchouli (05-17-2018)