Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NORTH CAROLINA > North Carolina Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

North Carolina Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the North Carolina Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 08-11-2018, 11:35 AM

Default Visitation form- how do they use your work info?

I really want to visit my boyfriend in Scotland CI but I haven’t filled out the visitation form yet because it asks for where you work and the phone number there. My company is a little weird about some things and I would prefer they not know I’m visiting someone in prison. Do they generally actually call your place of employment and do they state that they are verifying your employment so you can visit an inmate? I read somewhere they ask for employment to make sure you aren’t a member of the clergy who needs special privileges or something but that sounded like BS. Thanks in advance for any input.

Forgot to add I called the facility a while back to ask this and they gave me a number to call in Raleigh and I left a voicemail message and of course never heard back.

Last edited by Coconut; 08-11-2018 at 11:38 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2018, 05:34 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 32,283 Times in 14,838 Posts

I wouldn't think that the DOC would call your employer....there's way too much stigma attached to having a loved one in prison. I'm not sure why they even ask for your employer's info

Old 08-11-2018, 06:35 PM

Thanked 3,381 Times in 1,067 Posts

Wow... thatís a little far reaching.

Iíd put my workplace but Iíd probably put my own cell phone number. After all, thatís my contact number at work.
Old 08-13-2018, 10:06 AM

I agree, list your cell phone if that is a phone # you can be reached at work. I put my direct desk phone # and they did not call to verify. I 'have heard' the employer question is to be sure you are not employed in Correctional or for a supplier for security reasons.
The Following User Says Thank You to LynnD For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (08-13-2018)
Old 08-13-2018, 10:23 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 3,632 Times in 1,573 Posts

I wonder if they called my work here in Germany...
Fridyrr.Likn (08-13-2018)
Old 08-13-2018, 10:54 AM
Heathen Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 3,975 Times in 1,742 Posts

Federal and AZ State I've never had them call my work. In fact the only time I've EVER had anyone call my work was when DPS was looking for me for a crime...
Old 08-13-2018, 07:57 PM

I would not worry about them calling your work. Administrators have to process many visitors forms. They do not have the time to call each and every one of them. Inmates drop and add visitors from their lists all the time.

Like others said through put your own cell on there and don't worry about it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bikerguy For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (08-14-2018), GypsyLuz11 (08-31-2018)
Old 08-31-2018, 08:11 PM

It's in our work policy manual that all family related arrests have to be reported. I got the phone call at work, so, everyone found out right away. Looking back, I feel like I should have just gone directly to management and kept my composure better. I might could have kept a better lid on the whole thing if I had. I don't know. Of course, then there is Facebook.

I think Facebook has done so much more harm than good. I don't have a FB account and stay away from people who live their lives on it. But, it's everywhere, just can't seem to stay away from it even without having an account. I have become very aware of people with cameras and ask people not to photograph me. But, I am aware that pictures of me are on it and hurtful comments are on there about me too.
The Following User Says Thank You to GypsyLuz11 For This Useful Post:
Mama33 (09-08-2018)