Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MICHIGAN > Michigan Parole, Probation, Halfway Houses, Employment, etc.
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Michigan Parole, Probation, Halfway Houses, Employment, etc. All information & questions relating to parole, probation, community service, half-way houses, and ex-offender employment in Michigan should be posted here.

Old 03-29-2016, 08:08 AM

Default 12 month flop / Early call backs? Updated: He did get a call back

My boyfriend was given a 12 month flop for not completing a class the class is completed now.. He is 4 months past his earliest release date. How long will it take for the parole board to see him again?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2016, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzipooh25 View Post
My boyfriend was given a 12 month flop for not completing a class the class is completed now.. He is 4 months past his earliest release date. How long will it take for the parole board to see him again?
His 12 month flop would be from his ERD, so he will probably see the board again 6 mos before that 12 month period. Remember even if they complete required class they can still receive another flop. Depends on a lot of things.
They don't always release on ERD, since we have minimum-maximum time here in MI.
Old 04-18-2016, 05:09 PM

Default early callbacks

My Lo seen the parole board and was giving a 12 month flop.. His earliest realest date was January 2016.. my question is when did his flop actually start? And will he have to serve the whole 12 month flop? He was floped because he did not have vpp finished he has completed it now. When he received his flop papers he said there wasn't even a explanation as to why he was even floped in the first place!!
Old 04-18-2016, 09:57 PM

I wanted to ask, do the guys normally know why, or get an explanation of a flop?

Old 04-19-2016, 04:37 AM

His flop will start when his ERD comes up. They flopped him probably because of the VPP class. They could have deferred him until he finished the class but they chose to flop him. He should be up to see the board again in June/July. My son was given a deferral to complete a class and hasn't heard anything since completing it 2 months ago. The board does what they want and I don't think they give an explanation.
Old 04-19-2016, 09:11 PM

Default Early callbacks

Has anyone lo got a early call back to see the parole board lately on a 12 month flop..
Old 05-01-2016, 09:21 AM

Default under the door parole?

What is under the door parole and has anyone LO received this while on a flop? Has anyone lo received a under the door parole lately?
Old 05-02-2016, 05:43 PM

Under the door parole means they don't call you up to see the board the just give a letter saying your parole was granted.
The Following User Says Thank You to nygirl17 For This Useful Post:
patchouli (05-02-2016)
Old 05-23-2016, 03:57 PM

Default he got a early callback

My bff was giving a 12 month flop back in January the board wants too see him again in June. I don't know what to expect has anyone else LO went through this.
Old 05-23-2016, 09:25 PM

They normally see them around that time to determine if they will get parolled. That's normal.
Old 08-24-2016, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzipooh25 View Post
My bff was giving a 12 month flop back in January the board wants too see him again in June. I don't know what to expect has anyone else LO went through this.
Hello. My boyfriend was flopped for the same reason. Just curious if you've heard back about his parole yet? Good luck! Thanks.
Old 08-24-2016, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkowalske88 View Post
Hello. My boyfriend was flopped for the same reason. Just curious if you've heard back about his parole yet? Good luck! Thanks.
What was his original flop for??? Not completing a class?

Old 08-24-2016, 09:31 PM

He seen the board this July for his first time. They said he was supposed to complete vpp but did not. I'm just hoping there's a possibility of earlier release than 12 months from his erd which is December 2016.
Old 08-25-2016, 07:59 AM

Is he in a facility that offers that program? If not, he'll have to wait until space opens up at a facility with the program then he'll be transferred to that facility. My son had quite a wait for it...and was in for a year past his ERD so that he could complete it. He needs to kite his counselor and ask about the program and getting transferred if they don't have it.

Quote:
He seen the board this July for his first time. They said he was supposed to complete vpp but did not. I'm just hoping there's a possibility of earlier release than 12 months from his erd which is December 2016.
Old 05-04-2017, 09:33 PM

my husband got a 12 month flop for not completing RSAT. His ERD was April 1, 2015 he just started ASAT now in Parnell, and its 90 days, should be done the end of July. Will see the parole board in Aug. he will have served 6 months on his flop. will he be able to come home then? Or will he have to wait until feb his 12 months
Old 05-05-2017, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookiedoo2 View Post
Is he in a facility that offers that program? If not, he'll have to wait until space opens up at a facility with the program then he'll be transferred to that facility. My son had quite a wait for it...and was in for a year past his ERD so that he could complete it. He needs to kite his counselor and ask about the program and getting transferred if they don't have it.
UPDATE: My BF was able to complete the program in the facility he was already at. He has been called back earlier than expected to see the parole board. We go the first week of June. (4 weeks away!) I'm really hoping an early call back means he's coming home. I will update after we hear back from the board. Thank you & good luck to everyone. Can't wait for this to be over!
Old 05-05-2017, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper1862 View Post
my husband got a 12 month flop for not completing RSAT. His ERD was April 1, 2015 he just started ASAT now in Parnell, and its 90 days, should be done the end of July. Will see the parole board in Aug. he will have served 6 months on his flop. will he be able to come home then? Or will he have to wait until feb his 12 months
It's up to the board, he could be home within 30 days from the parole board meeting, or they could keep him. Good luck!
Old 05-06-2017, 05:25 AM

Quote:
UPDATE: My BF was able to complete the program in the facility he was already at. He has been called back earlier than expected to see the parole board. We go the first week of June. (4 weeks away!) I'm really hoping an early call back means he's coming home. I will update after we hear back from the board. Thank you & good luck to everyone. Can't wait for this to be over!
I'm not sure how that works. I've heard it go both way. Some times they make them stay sometimes they let them go. But according to the time Fran this isn't an early call back it's normal for them to see the board six months or so before the end of the erd or flop. But if he's completed all classes and hasn't been in trouble there's a good chance he will be home soon. GL

Old 05-06-2017, 09:56 PM

My fiance is on a 12 month flop for classes he in his last class now. Do you think they will call him back early once its complete. He saw the board in Dec 2016 when he got the flop. How do you know when their erd is.? His ped is 2/8/17. And when your love ones got their flop did it change their parole hearing on website?
Old 05-07-2017, 05:40 AM

Well this is a Michigan forum....not sure for your bf. Usually here if you get a flop and get the class done they call you back to see the board which mean they will be getting out soon. They normally don't make the person who's doing the flop stay the entire year if they get the class done. It all depends on the board. I've seen it go both ways.

Old 05-07-2017, 06:26 AM

Ok thank you I have posted in tn forum can't never get a response so I ran across this one seen y'all was going thru same thing.. How do you know where erd date is? Is that same as the ped date