Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

Old 10-03-2010, 02:32 PM
Account Closed

Default The dreadful What If's

im having a hard time coping with my man being in jail and the worst part is we are not allowed to have contact for the time being and his family has isolated me. i feel so alone and all the unanswered questions are really getting to me. any advice?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2010, 02:51 PM
Spontaniously Combusting
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,232 Times in 788 Posts

I know how bad that is. If you can't send letters, just write them and save them up until you can. That will make you feel a little better. Do not play the what if game, you will drive yourself crazy.

Just hang tough and keep busy. That is the best advice. Come here and vent. As for his family, I am sorry they do not see your value. This man loves you and they should respect that. Try and be patient (yeah I should too!) Remember, you are NOT alone. We are all in this together and we can support each other through all this CRAP! You can do it! We can all lean on each other, and survive.

*HUGS*

The Following User Says Thank You to crissk For This Useful Post:
felons_princess (10-03-2010)
Old 10-03-2010, 02:53 PM

Welcome to PTO!!! Is he newly incarserated? Is he in the county or has he been transferred to DOC?

The Following User Says Thank You to Brandi76 For This Useful Post:
felons_princess (10-03-2010)
Old 10-03-2010, 02:59 PM
Account Closed

thank you so much for your help. its very hard not knowing what is going on at all, i talked to him the first night he got locked up well his brother was relaying messages between us and his brother said hed call me and tell me what they said and stuff beacuse my man had court that morning and never did. its hard nto to play the what if game and i try not to but out of the respect for our relationship and our situation they should atleast tell me something...
Old 10-03-2010, 03:00 PM
Account Closed

yes hes newly incarcerated at a county jail but this isnt the first time hes been in trouble so im scared what they r going to sentence him
Old 10-03-2010, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by felons_princess View Post
thank you so much for your help. its very hard not knowing what is going on at all, i talked to him the first night he got locked up well his brother was relaying messages between us and his brother said hed call me and tell me what they said and stuff beacuse my man had court that morning and never did. its hard nto to play the what if game and i try not to but out of the respect for our relationship and our situation they should atleast tell me something...

Is he locked up in GA? Sometimes you can call the county court hose and get information on him, or call the jail. If you call the jail they should be able to tell you his bond amount and when he goes back to court.

Old 10-03-2010, 03:04 PM
Banned

Thanked 2,119 Times in 1,147 Posts

Hang tough there are not any words of wisdom that are gonna make you feel better. maybe this is test for you both? If you do and act right things will work out in the end.
Old 10-03-2010, 03:06 PM
Banned

Thanked 2,119 Times in 1,147 Posts

You can check the jail we site or the county clerks web site most have apublic record access!
Old 10-03-2010, 03:08 PM
Life Lovin Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 2,233 Times in 1,383 Posts

I am sorry you are going through this. I agree with the poster that said if you are not able to exchange letters, write them and save them for when you will be able to give them to him. Hang in there girl!
Old 10-03-2010, 03:11 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandi76 View Post
Is he locked up in GA? Sometimes you can call the county court hose and get information on him, or call the jail. If you call the jail they should be able to tell you his bond amount and when he goes back to court.

because we are not married they wont tell me anything i have to go off his docket stuff online and it doesn't really give me anything. im gonna try tomorrow and see if they will at least tell me his initial charge and his sentence but their are no guarantees on that, and yes for now hes in a ga jail. cobb county to be exact and they have been nothing but complete pigs
Old 10-03-2010, 03:12 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy2010 View Post
You can check the jail we site or the county clerks web site most have apublic record access!
ive tried the records thing and it wont give me anything so i go off of his docket thing online and its not giving me anythign useful either
Old 10-03-2010, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy2010 View Post

In GA the county's don't put a lot of information on their websites. he DOC in GA is also very slow about moving, and the parole board is slow about giving release dates. I HATE it!!!

Old 10-03-2010, 03:14 PM

Quote:
because we are not married they wont tell me anything i have to go off his docket stuff online and it doesn't really give me anything. im gonna try tomorrow and see if they will at least tell me his initial charge and his sentence but their are no guarantees on that, and yes for now hes in a ga jail. cobb county to be exact and they have been nothing but complete pigs

What county is he in?

Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Help Lord View Post
I am sorry you are going through this. I agree with the poster that said if you are not able to exchange letters, write them and save them for when you will be able to give them to him. Hang in there girl!
thank you for your support, i will most defiantly start writing its hard knowing he doesnt know my thoughts and i dont know his

and congrats on your engagement
Account Closed

Quote:
What county is he in?

cobb county
Old 10-03-2010, 03:17 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
In GA the county's don't put a lot of information on their websites. he DOC in GA is also very slow about moving, and the parole board is slow about giving release dates. I HATE it!!!
ga is most def not the most prioritized state when it comes to their legal system. theyve been quick to update his docket but still not giving alot for me to go off of. im not sure if im comming or going at this point, its just so frustrating
Old 10-03-2010, 03:18 PM

Quote:
im having a hard time coping with my man being in jail and the worst part is we are not allowed to have contact for the time being and his family has isolated me. i feel so alone and all the unanswered questions are really getting to me. any advice?

I am going through the same thing, but I have been taking it 1 day at a time and I won't be able to have a contact visit until he transfer's out to the pin so all I get is 20 minute visits twice a week. I hate it all together but I am doing all I can do to be there for him because I believe that he will be okay as long as he knows i'm right by his side. The only advice I can give you is to write and see him as much as possible I know you don't get a contact visit but trust me him seeing your face makes him feel better. I know when my husband gets letters and pictures from me it helps him out a lot. So he knows when he gets out he has something to come home to a wife and his kids. So just continue on being there for him and everything will be okay. I promise.
Old 10-03-2010, 03:22 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrz_rosario View Post
I am going through the same thing, but I have been taking it 1 day at a time and I won't be able to have a contact visit until he transfer's out to the pin so all I get is 20 minute visits twice a week. I hate it all together but I am doing all I can do to be there for him because I believe that he will be okay as long as he knows i'm right by his side. The only advice I can give you is to write and see him as much as possible I know you don't get a contact visit but trust me him seeing your face makes him feel better. I know when my husband gets letters and pictures from me it helps him out a lot. So he knows when he gets out he has something to come home to a wife and his kids. So just continue on being there for him and everything will be okay. I promise.
your husband is a lucky guy but the sad part about mine nd his situation is that we arnt allowed to have any contact at all so i dont know how he is feeling what so ever and vise versa and what worries me is i dont know what kind of thing people (including his family) are putting in his head.
Old 10-03-2010, 03:35 PM

Why are you guys not able to have any contact?
Old 10-03-2010, 03:45 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomSoldierDiva View Post
Why are you guys not able to have any contact?
to be honest im not sure of the exact reason i know there are a few possibilities, sooner or later ill find out what exactly it or they are
Old 10-03-2010, 03:46 PM
patiently waiting

Quote:

Hey girl i totally feel you, my man and I are not allowed contact either It is really hard but you can do it. I don't know you but if you've got a man locked up and you're handling that then i know you're strong! I'm always here if you want to talk.

True Love Waits..
Old 10-03-2010, 03:49 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie1126 View Post
Hey girl i totally feel you, my man and I are not allowed contact either It is really hard but you can do it. I don't know you but if you've got a man locked up and you're handling that then i know you're strong! I'm always here if you want to talk.

its probably one of if not the hardest thign ive ever went thru, thank you for your supposr tand im here as well, im gonna send you a message btw
Old 10-04-2010, 08:14 PM

I don't understand why yal are unable to have a contact visit? I know when he transfer to the pin I will be able to have a contact visit. The only way you won't be able to have one is if you all are not married to eachother? but if you are married then you should get a contact visit, that is part of the reason i'm married now because I knew he was going in, I didn't know when but I knew it was going to happen so we decided to get married that was not the only reason of course because I love him and want to spend the rest of my days with him,so we said hey we aren't getting any younger i'm going to be hear for a lifetime and so are you so lets tie the knot. i just hate the fact that he is gone but I'm dealing with it.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:39 PM
Account Closed

no we arnt married and im sure thats one of the reasons but the state of ga is so ignorant on these kinds of things... im happy yall got married tho
Old 10-04-2010, 09:06 PM
Donation Award 

I have been through a period of no contact...and to be honest that's just how it is at times. I'm not familiar with GA county jail...however AR county jails seems to be super slow and just crowded...so my dear I feel ya pain. Unless his family has given you reason to believe they are keeping you out of the loop...don't assume. They may not really know what is going on either.

Stay strong and be patient.

If you need to vent this is the perfect place.
If you need to talk pm me

Take Care

Everyone has inside them a piece of good news. The good news is you don't know how great you can be! How much you can love! What you can accomplish! And what your potential is! - Anne Frank