Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Headed to Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Headed to Prison Dedicated to those who are facing incarceration. What to expect; what you can do to prepare; Q&A's; support.

Old 05-19-2017, 07:18 PM

Default First time-can I wear my contacts or glasses or will they provide glasses?

Hello all I happen to find this site while I been trying to research what to expect here in a few months once my sentence finally comes in. I have a plea that I'm taking and looking at 4 years. I live in Minnesota and I know I'll be entering st.cloud to start while they evaluate me and then off to my home prison. I have no priors so i and not a violent offender so I think I'll get moved to a level 2 or maybe 3 facility after my initial intake.

My question is what I can expect once my sentence comes down as well I wear contacts which I'm sure I won't be aloud to take enough in for 4 years but can I wear my own glasses or will I be provided a pair?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2017, 04:53 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 16,031 Times in 9,721 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk. Your answer depends on Minnesota's prison eyeglass policies. Definitely take your own glasses with you when you go in (either self surrendering, or remanded, in chains). Anything the prison "gives you" will usually be a very slow process, so the only chance you have to correct your vision during the first 6 months or so of your sentence will be if you are able to keep your own eyeglasses.

Here's the link to the MN prison forums.
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=150
Old 05-21-2017, 05:05 AM

Definitely take your glasses with you when you go inside. Depending on how quickly your processing, assignment and transport go, itíll likely be some time before youíre in a position to get glasses at the prison you get assigned to. I donít know about MN, but many prison systems donít allow hard glasses cases that have metal components. MN may allow only soft cases like other states. Good luck with it.