Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Met While Incarcerated
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Met While Incarcerated Were you introduced by a friend or family member after he/she was incarcerated? Did you meet as Pen Pals? This Forum is for you!

Old 05-13-2017, 07:17 PM

Default Advice New to MWI I am Falling but Afraid

is it wrong that I am falling? I meant Jay through a friend that was talking to a inmate in jail. He told Jay about me and we hit it off. we video cheated and it was love at first sight I couldn't help but to smile and my heart felt butterflies. lol ugh I cant stop smiling now thanking about his Smile.. anyways Idk if it's wrong to feel this way.. I am a single mother to four boys he accepts them he has a son that is with his mother. he introduced Me to his Mother. she is amazing and very welcoming we text and talk almost every other day.. I stay in North Carolina and he is in Florida.. His mother wants me and my boys to come meet the family and vacation.. I am nervous seems to good to be true... I always heard men in jail use people(please don't take that offensive) so I don't know how to feel.. he has not ask me for nothing he writes all the time and calls when he gets a phone he is not afraid to speak how he feels... any advice I am new to this...

Last edited by KimmyJMP; 05-13-2017 at 07:29 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to KimmyJMP For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (05-15-2017)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2017, 08:52 PM

Thanked 1,484 Times in 737 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimmyJMP View Post
is it wrong that I am falling? I meant Jay through a friend that was talking to a inmate in jail. He told Jay about me and we hit it off. we video cheated and it was love at first sight I couldn't help but to smile and my heart felt butterflies. lol ugh I cant stop smiling now thanking about his Smile.. anyways Idk if it's wrong to feel this way.. I am a single mother to four boys he accepts them he has a son that is with his mother. he introduced Me to his Mother. she is amazing and very welcoming we text and talk almost every other day.. I stay in North Carolina and he is in Florida.. His mother wants me and my boys to come meet the family and vacation.. I am nervous seems to good to be true... I always heard men in jail use people(please don't take that offensive) so I don't know how to feel.. he has not ask me for nothing he writes all the time and calls when he gets a phone he is not afraid to speak how he feels... any advice I am new to this...
One day at a time. It really is hard to know if they mean what they say, until they are released and can prove all the loving things they have been saying. I am not sure how long he has been down or how much longer he has, but I suggest you take it slow and think about your boys and taking care of them.

Any healthy relationships starts with a friendship, building trust, communicating and getting to know each other. Keep your eyes open and enjoy getting to know him.

Usually if something seems to good to be true, it is.
DsLatinQueen67 (05-25-2017), KimmyJMP (05-14-2017), MizzyMuffling (05-14-2017)
Old 05-13-2017, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBeingMe67 View Post
One day at a time. It really is hard to know if they mean what they say, until they are released and can prove all the loving things they have been saying. I am not sure how long he has been down or how much longer he has, but I suggest you take it slow and think about your boys and taking care of them.

Any healthy relationships starts with a friendship, building trust, communicating and getting to know each other. Keep your eyes open and enjoy getting to know him.

Usually if something seems to good to be true, it is.
Thank you... every thing sounds and looks Good but I always have a what if.. he already been in for 8 out of 25...

and your right I am going to always do for me and my boys, that's why I am hesitant, but I will slow it down and really get to know him all we have is time right ?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KimmyJMP For This Useful Post:
JustBeingMe67 (05-14-2017)
Old 05-13-2017, 10:15 PM

I know what you mean he's on my mind lately but I'm trying to keep it platonic which I think I can if I only write him occasionally and keep it at a joking tone.

Last edited by Crazychick12; 05-13-2017 at 10:21 PM..
Old 05-14-2017, 12:27 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,743 Times in 852 Posts

I know how you feel but he's got 17 years to go, take it slow, really slow. Liking and enjoying each other is wonderful but first and foremost you are a mother. Take little steps and live in the NOW and not in the future, none of us have a crystal ball. Just enjoy the moment.
Crazychick12 (05-24-2017), Dobbie_Elf (05-15-2017), KimmyJMP (05-14-2017)
Old 05-14-2017, 02:39 AM

My advice would be just enjoy it. He still has a while to go so you have plenty of time. I'm married to my MWI and there are still times I think "what if" but it's a chance we all take. There are good genuine guys out there so try and stay positive
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to judiwoo For This Useful Post:
DsLatinQueen67 (05-25-2017), KimmyJMP (05-14-2017), miamac (05-19-2017)
Old 05-14-2017, 10:23 AM

Thanked 1,973 Times in 690 Posts

Personally I would put the brakes on introducing the kids to his family and getting them involved. Go ahead and get to know this dude, but I think a year or to wouldn't be out of order before you get your kids involved. They just don't have a place in this yet.
a.rare.love (05-15-2017), AndyS (05-15-2017), Dobbie_Elf (05-15-2017), DsLatinQueen67 (05-25-2017), Heather7378 (05-17-2017), KimmyJMP (05-14-2017), maytayah (05-19-2017), miamac (05-19-2017), MizzyMuffling (05-14-2017)
Old 05-15-2017, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimmyJMP View Post
is it wrong that I am falling?

he has not ask me for nothing

he writes all the time

and calls when he gets a phone

Nope. Not wrong at all chica, and good evening 2-u... Pero...(but)rushing to meet the kiddies/and or "mom?"I would wait on this.
JMHO though.

Just have to understand what is going on within you/how are you going to "deal"once you're realizing you're falling hard for him" and or are you going to just "play it safe"and remain great friends.close.but no "committment et.al., as you're to focus on first and foremost what is it you are really searching for. Some stay friends, out of fear.(I get it.)Some, fall then "take the deep plunge head first,and end up hurt in the end!" Some fall hard and don't regret "going for it."So again, do what is right/what is best for you and never lose sight of things that he is saying/how he is saying it, analyze it ALL."
-
ALSO:

Most will "not right out of the box ask any woman or man for anything."So that is pretty much prevalent, to "see"how he can first "get her or him hooked and then BAM!"Here it comes, and again this is only "some."As not all men are losers in prison who use later the person.Just be careful chica,watch all red signs. and enjoy your MWIi,but again be careful. PM me anytime. hugs and blessings your way tonight.

Lead with your MIND and NOT with your heart."
-
#CountingTheDays2017_OurLongAwaitedHomecoming will be so beautiful.Praise God..
-

Last edited by a.rare.love; 05-15-2017 at 09:29 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to a.rare.love For This Useful Post:
KimmyJMP (05-16-2017)
Old 05-19-2017, 03:01 PM

Things sound to be going well for you. It seems like he has a long stretch ahead so just keep developing trust and getting to know him and communicating. Guys in prison may use people but so do people on the outside, just look out for red flags and keep your friendship going and see what happens
maytayah (05-19-2017)