Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Prison & Jail Wedding Information Central
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison & Jail Wedding Information Central Everything about getting married in prison or jail. Notices, pictures, questions, stories, what to expect.

Old 02-06-2015, 03:25 PM

Would getting married make a difference if he wanted to transfer from another state to Indiana
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2015, 03:46 PM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 1,421 Times in 679 Posts

I'm not sure, but if he's a federal prisoner, it's up to BOP to give him permission to marry.

Michele
Old 02-17-2015, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonelyathome View Post
My finace just got the wedding packet. He signed what he has to and is going to mail me the rest. Then i will call the chaplin chris and him get along great so thats encouraging!! My concern is that i am in Vermont and vt doc ships our men to KY TN and now OK. So i go to Ky to see him. I am worried about getting the lisence. Do i have to go to Ky to get it? or online? I cant go back and forth its expensive. I am hoping to get every thing together by Dec. I am going down for Christmas so we are hoping to marry on that visit. I want to say congrats to you. My family does not support my relationship with Chris at all. They are actually not speaking to me.. i am shut out i guess. But i am happy and i deserve to be happy as our men do. Some people can change and he has proven that he has. He went in when he was 19 hes now 33 and has 15months left. Then i get to show Chris what its like to have a family and love in your life and SUPPORT!
can you please tell me how you got the wedding package through PM so i know ill get it lol
Old 02-18-2015, 12:14 PM

Talking Getting married at station correctional facility

so my fiance just got his divorced finalized so now we are going to the next step in our relationship and getting married. has anyone got married at station before if so what can i expect. im so excited so so so excited ive waited my whole life to have this moment its a little biter sweet because obviously hes in prison but im trying to stay positive
Old 02-18-2015, 01:00 PM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 1,421 Times in 679 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by future.mrsjones View Post
can you please tell me how you got the wedding package through PM so i know ill get it lol
Your fiance will need to get the ball rolling. He needs to write to his warden and ask permission to marry, then (if warden gives permission) go to the chaplain and fill out some paperwork. He'll need to send you some paperwork that the chaplain gives him. When all that is done, then you wait for the date. Usually the prison chaplains have something worked out with the Probate office that will allow you to get the license without your man being with you. Go to the Probate Office the day before your wedding. If you try to get the license the day of your wedding, your timing might be off and you'll have to wait some more (a month or more) to get another wedding date. This happened to me and it was a little over a month for us to marry. Good luck and congrats.

Michele
Old 07-29-2015, 02:23 PM

Default How do I get Married in Alabama at Holman?

how do i go about getting the packet to send for us to try to get approved to get married my hun is at holman prison in alabama
Old 05-17-2016, 10:22 PM

Default ALABAMA Marriage Q&A

Let me first say I am new to this sight and my fiance has been incarcerated in federal system . We want to marry asap can anyone tell me what steps we need to take? THANK YOU
Old 05-19-2017, 07:15 AM

Good morning! My fiance turned in our marriage request on May 10th. He is at Elmore. Just wondering if anyone has gone through the process recently. In Mobile county the marriage license can be initiated online. I live in FL. His family is in Mobile. Thanks in advance for any advice/responses.

[/url]