Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Wives & Girlfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Wives & Girlfriends in Prison For everyone who has a wife, girlfriend, or female partner incarcerated.

Old 05-14-2017, 07:37 AM

Default Wife Probable Incarceration for 2 to 3 years

Im really worried and scared about the possibility and most probability of my wife being in Prison for Financial Debt. What scares me the most is how will I raise my kids aged 12 and 10 without their mother.

Unfortunately we fell into Debt from not receiving client payments and it just spiraled, a Domino effect, and she had written cheques to suppliers for this specific project so everything crashed.

We have filled cases against our client but the bounced cheques to suppliers already have crimanal cases against her, 10 cases !

We lost our house so had to leave, I left with my kids and left my wife behind in that country. I feel guilty for leaving her behind alone, at the same time, I had to protect my kids, if we had stayed, no roof and food or school, so my only option was to make sure kids are safe.

We have always earned honestly, paid our dues and worked hard to make things happen, but this time its gone too deep.

I try to keep her Optimistic and positive that God is great and things will turn around.

Im just so worried for her to spend that much time in prison.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2017, 11:46 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 28,980 Times in 13,510 Posts

I'm so sorry that you had to uproot your kids and leave your wife behind That had to have been a truly gut-wrenching decision.....but I also believe that you did the right thing in putting your children first.

This is really the hardest part of the journey....the Not Knowing how long she'll be gone or where they'll move her to to do her time. Things do settle down once she's at her "home prison," you know what you're dealing with and you can all get into a daily routine.

Stay strong, take care of your kids, and write your wife often as you can.

Welcome to PTO
Old 05-14-2017, 11:55 AM

Thank you for your kind and positive words. We really need it. Ive got to be strong and hopefully work harder to make sure she stays safe and bring her home with kids and me.

It is killing me that she is alone, but I really had no choice.. staying would have destroyed my kids and their future.

I cry at times to myself, missing her and looking at our situation. I hope this Hurricane with end soon and have brighter days ahead.
The Following User Says Thank You to Scared1978 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (05-15-2017)
Old 05-14-2017, 12:04 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 28,980 Times in 13,510 Posts

Since she isn't through the legal process yet, I do hope she is offered a really good deal that would bring her home much sooner than 2-3 years. However, and you won't understand this right now, but 2-3 years isn't as long as you feel like its gonna be. Really Although I must admit, even one day away is one day too many.

Sounds like there may be some restitution involved at some point. Ouch! Maybe you can get a little something from your suit against the client. Good Luck with that!

As for the crying? Normal. Being mad as hell? Normal. Going from one extreme to the other in 10 seconds flat? Normal. This journey is a roller coaster of emotions....but once things settle down and you get into that routine, you will get stronger. Concentrate on the kids, what they need, and always take a little time for yourself to recharge your batteries. You're important in all this too...and if you don't take care of you, well, it'll be that much harder to take care of everyone else.
The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
JustBeingMe67 (05-20-2017)
Old 05-14-2017, 06:33 PM
OnparoleinTO

Hi there. Sorry for your troubles. As others have said, the uncertainty about what is going to happen is one of the hardest things, in part because you can't really make any plans. Let's hope it turns out better than you fear it will. There are many people on this site who have had similar experiences and are on here to provide their support to people like you as you go through this, so do ask, or post your worries, if that will help.

Good luck.
Old 05-14-2017, 11:16 PM

Thank you all for the supporting words. I hope everything turnouts for the best. All the best to all and God Speed.
Old 05-15-2017, 12:13 AM
She's Home! Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 3,654 Times in 1,562 Posts

Man, I feel for you. I'm not sure if she's being held in the UAE or if that is where you are currently, but I'm not as familiar with how court proceedings and law works outside of the U.S. But regardless of the where, I know that going through this process, even if you can be there, is not easy. I do not envy your current situation. Please know that you have the positive thoughts of the members of this community and I hope that your wife will be home sooner than 2-3 years and that this maybe even gets resolved without additional prison time.

As to what to do....take care of you. Take care of your kids. Keep focused on the long-term success of your family through doing what you need to do to get through the time on your end. It will be hard, but you can do it. Many of us have been in your shoes in some way...maybe not with the kids, but going through the wait, maybe going through the court dates (I've been there. I get that part of the anxiety.) And at the same time...you're in a unique situation in that you can't be there with her right now. I can't imagine that sort of anxiety.....

But whether we can fully relate, indirectly relate, or even if we can't relate to your life experience at all....we are here for you, and we hope you will find support here.

Welcome to Prison Talk. While the reason you are here may not be ideal, we are glad that you've found us.

-E
The Colorblind Moderator (I'm not even going to try to use green down here, I'll embarass myself! LOL!) Currently assisting in all forums and actively monitoring Wives and Girlfriends in Prison and the California forums.

#ByeCDCR #TimesUp #HomeForChristmas
Old 05-15-2017, 12:36 AM

Thank you, Im glad Ive found this Forum. I will definitely be focusing on getting things better and doing my best for the family Its great to know there are still people out here with great humanity and understanding. Thank you for listening and taking the time to read my post.
Old 05-15-2017, 04:57 AM

Thanked 9,605 Times in 5,439 Posts

Is the case in the UAE or is this a case in one of the United States? It makes a difference to some of the potential responses...
The Following User Says Thank You to CenTexLyn For This Useful Post:
missingdee (05-15-2017)
Old 05-20-2017, 05:53 PM

I'm in your shoes almost exactly. My husband's looking at two, I have 4&5 year old. We're in a shelter now. I know about the crying, the fear. Losing your partner, your lover, your friend. And falling apart inside at the same time you need to amp ur game for damage control with your kids. All I can say is we must trust in God.