Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > BREAK TIME > PTO Lounge
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

PTO Lounge Come in... put your feet up and relax... talk about anything non-prison related! Hobbies, Books, Technical and Do it Yourself, Travel and more.

View Poll Results: Should I attend my sister's wedding or not?
Yes 29 87.88%
No 4 12.12%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-10-2017, 01:20 PM

Unhappy I Feel So Hurt! Sister getting Married (I wasn't Asked to be Maid of Honor)

So this is my Story..... .Any Comments and/or Suggestions are Greatly Appreciated!
I am the oldest of 3 girls. The middle sister is the one getting married. Our younger sister, unexpectdly passed away 18mos ago in a car accident. My grandma raised all three of us. Our parents were in and out of prison our whole lives, dealing with their heroin addiction. So we had it pretty rough. Being the oldest, I had to take care of my sister's cuz my grandma was always working. I had to see alot of bad things growing up. And at 6 or 7 years old I tried my best to keep my sister's away from seeing it. So to this day they have no idea. As we got older, my sister (middle one) and i went on to live our own lives, and start our own families. So we kinda drifted apart for some time. Dealing with problems of our own... Over the years, I turned to drugs which also resulted in CPS involvement. Ive been clean for almost 2 years now, got my kids back, and I'm living a normal life now. My sister on the other hand has lived the most perfect life! She barely even drinks. Well she is getting married this Saturday. I barely found out about 2 mos ago by my aunt that she's been planning her wedding for the last year! So when my mom told me my sister was planning on going shopping for her wedding dress, I text her and told her I would like to go with her. And her reply back was.... The car was already full there was no room for me. It was her best friend (which is her maid of honor), her mother-in-law and her sister-in-law that were going with her!! That Hurt!! Its like, Really!? I'm ur only sister! Wow! So I am very very hurt by all this. I was already debating weather or not to even go? FYI The wedding is 6hrs away from where we all currently live! Which means I need to rent a car, reserve a hotel room, and I haven't even bought me or my 2 children- 2yrs and 11yrs old our clothes yet either! My mom tells me not to even worry about it. She said don't even go if it's too much for you. So idk what to do!