Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OHIO > Ohio General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ohio General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Ohio that do not fit into any other Ohio sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 07-31-2012, 03:30 PM

Thanked 1,389 Times in 395 Posts
Default Got a call today from Attorney General of Ohio and my state rep...

I sent an e mail out this weekend to quite a few different places asking for help to change this messed up system. Besides my sons case, I know of three others going through the courts RIGHT NOW where the accusers lied to the prosecutor and the police regarding sexual assaults. These lies were pointed out to the prosecutors and in order to save their lives, these people are pleaing to things.
Well if I lie to my lawyer, I can get fired from the attorney. How is it that these women can lie to the prosecutor yet they still push forward with these cases? Being an election year, I have decided to use this to my advantage and approach them for help on getting this shit changed.
I HAVE AN INTERVIEW WITH THE STATE REP tomorrow!!!! If there is ANYONE out there who has a case where the accuser lied yet the prosecutor still pushed forward PLEASE PLEASE message me... I am trying to get as many cases and examples as I can....
katydidit17 (07-31-2012), scoopster (08-01-2012), xxxaxxx (08-01-2012)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2012, 08:46 PM

thats awesome please let us know how it goes. I am new to this system and not liking one bit of it
Old 08-01-2012, 06:36 AM

what did the Attorney General ask? I know of several cases one is pending now. the others are past and one still locked up. also tell them to investigate parole records where victim recant write the parole board and they also ignore and max them out too.

Also did a case in Defiance where girl under age lied about being 18 and got 3 guys. I went to attorney with him and he and his mom did not know how to talk and bring this issue up even, he just sat there being quiet.

Last edited by scoopster; 08-01-2012 at 06:38 AM..
Old 08-01-2012, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoopster View Post
what did the Attorney General ask? I know of several cases one is pending now. the others are past and one still locked up. also tell them to investigate parole records where victim recant write the parole board and they also ignore and max them out too.

Also did a case in Defiance where girl under age lied about being 18 and got 3 guys. I went to attorney with him and he and his mom did not know how to talk and bring this issue up even, he just sat there being quiet.
Thank you so much!!! THe attorney general is going to assist with investigating prosecutors. The state rep is going to help with changing the laws.
katydidit17 (08-01-2012), scoopster (08-02-2012)
Old 08-01-2012, 08:22 AM
Banned

Thanked 1,144 Times in 558 Posts

My hat is off to you !
Old 08-01-2012, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliannRN View Post
I sent an e mail out this weekend to quite a few different places asking for help to change this messed up system. Besides my sons case, I know of three others going through the courts RIGHT NOW where the accusers lied to the prosecutor and the police regarding sexual assaults. These lies were pointed out to the prosecutors and in order to save their lives, these people are pleaing to things.
Well if I lie to my lawyer, I can get fired from the attorney. How is it that these women can lie to the prosecutor yet they still push forward with these cases? Being an election year, I have decided to use this to my advantage and approach them for help on getting this shit changed.
I HAVE AN INTERVIEW WITH THE STATE REP tomorrow!!!! If there is ANYONE out there who has a case where the accuser lied yet the prosecutor still pushed forward PLEASE PLEASE message me... I am trying to get as many cases and examples as I can....
Yes, my husbands case.. The accuse lied to the prosecutor about the rape and GSI that occured.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:42 PM

This is great news for you! Good luck and keep us posted!
Old 08-02-2012, 01:27 AM
Love Lives Here

That's awesome!!! I love hearing about people being pro-active to change this messed up system. Good luck!!

Old 08-02-2012, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliannRN View Post
who is doing the investigating with AG? the special prosecution division?
Old 08-02-2012, 03:53 PM

One of my cellies, had two kids with ex, he was carpenter, remarried had house, boat, custody of kids, doing great. Ex was drinker drugs, jealous makes allegations he did something with daughters. He got 2-10 year sentence. the ex told his wife at court she only thought he would get one year, and she would regain custody.
Old 08-02-2012, 04:09 PM

what kind of law are they changing?
Old 08-02-2012, 04:50 PM

What I am pushing for is this:
1. The prosecutors office goes forward with cases despite proof that the accuser (in any crime) lied. And has been lying. Yet to save embarrassment they move forward forcing these people to take pleas. I feel they should be treated like any other attorney client relationshop and if the person lies, the attorney, in this case the prosecutor drops the client.
2. If a grown woman wants to charge a grown man with rape, there needs to be a statue of limitations on this claim. Especially if the two were in a relationship at some point in time and there is no rape kit or DNA. These women who wait years and then see the man moving on and being happy in his life and decide to get even NEED to be stopped.
3. If it is PROVEN that the woman lied, she automatically faces some sort of charge. AND has to repay the man for the financial costs that he put out.
Old 08-03-2012, 08:07 AM

Someone I know did a case, and tracked lady down, partied with her and while she was drunk talked about locking the guy up and falsly accusing him. He told his attorney what she said.

I have one more thing you need to add? what about the parole board in which victims write that it did not happen, do affidavits, and they are still maxing them out? I know one guy still in due to this.

The parole board sent a person to him when i was still there, and told him everything looks good, they had letters from kids(who were older now)...then weeks later sees two different parole board members and gets 10 years....at his half time gets 10 more years.
Someone died in family, he inhereted huge property, other side of family gets jealous and makes accusation he GSI kids 8 years before. (statute of limitations was 7 years back then)
His attorney charged $25,000 and he was appealing, sued his attorney, I helped gather case laws. His attorney was offering $30,000, plus attorney fled ohio went to Florida. Then I was kicked out to camp.
In his appeal, he was in federal court in columbus, and he filed a summary judgment, and federal judge shifted his case to Cleveland...WTF? so new judge doesn't know case well, and got denied.
during this the prosecutors also threaten the parents of kids with purgery if the change their story which scares them.
Old 08-03-2012, 11:37 AM

Can we still contribute information to this investigation? Whom can I contact? Given the sensitivity of my loved one's wrongful conviction, I need to keep the details off of a public forum.

Also, what needs to be added to this are the laws that need to be changed. Right now, in Ohio (the ONLY STATE):

* You can go to prison if you hug someone and the person finds the hug offensive. * You can go to prison if you ask out someone of the same sex and they find the request offensive.
* You can go to prison if you urinate in the bushes along the side of a deserted road (the road patrol officers LOVE this one - boosts their arrest record!)

There also needs to be public defenders offices instated in every county. This is the current breakdown:

38 counties have court appointed attorneys --- this means that it could be DAYS before your loved one has legal representation, which means that the police have free reign to abuse people into unconscious violation of their own civil rights, even resulting in false confessions! This is one of the biggest problems in the State of Ohio.

29 counties have public defenders

8 counties contract with a non/profit organization - hard to know how long it takes for an attorney to get to the jail from there.

11 counties contract with the State Public Defender's office - once again, no way of knowing how quickly they can get a physical body to the jail.

I am happy to do everything that I can to assist with this effort!!!
Old 08-04-2012, 12:12 AM

I took the liberty to underline two of the things that SoozeCat said because I couldn't have said them better.

Quote:
38 counties have court appointed attorneys --- this means that it could be DAYS before your loved one has legal representation, which means that the police have free reign to abuse people into unconscious violation of their own civil rights, even resulting in false confessions! This is one of the biggest problems in the State of Ohio.
The police investigations of juveniles worry me a lot.

I know of a case where a juvenile has been questioned (without parents or legal representation present), and of course they wanted him to sign the waiver of his rights. They asked him if he could read and write, which he answered with "Yeah, but I don't read and write that good.' They then asked him if he would understand what they read to him; which he affirmed...and then they read the warning and waiver to him and he signed it. I think some legal representation should be present at this point. Especially if the juvenile in question shows deficiency in reading and writing. Juveniles are just so much more vulnerable; most don't understand what they get themselves into until after it's too late.

[/quote]I am happy to do everything that I can to assist with this effort!!![/quote]

We could form a group and gather cases to support all the points that are brought up in this thread and that we want to see changed.
The Following User Says Thank You to xxxaxxx For This Useful Post:
SoozeCat (08-04-2012)
Old 08-04-2012, 09:27 AM

If there is any way to retitle and repost this thread, it should be done. It completely bypassed me originally in the 'summaries' on the first page, as I originally thought this had to do with calling a loved one.

This is a very serious and important action on the verge of taking place - this could be a legitimate game changer for how arrests, trials/pleas and prosecutor conduct is overseen going forward. Everyone needs to read here what is on the verge of happening!

As some may know, I am in the process of developing web site content to launch a web site that will act as a 'global microscope' on the actions of the State of Ohio which are done 'in the name of the law.' It will be by far much different than here on PTO, because it will focus solely on these 'paid lawbreakers' who are extorting and trafficking human life as a means to keep the money flowing into the state - and on the issues of wrongful conviction, officers in trouble (known by prior released media), prosecutors who have acted unethically, prisons that are suppressing known abuse, laws that need to be changed (which would drastically reduce the prison population) - and an area where prison civil rights complaints can be lodged and seen by the powers that be at the top (because they are not being addressed by the prison after notification - which is one of the biggest problems right now, with every facility acting independently of the higher office) - because I truly do believe that Gary Mohr and his office wants to be able to fix these problems and correct the negative image Ohio has. And it will also focus on the trailblazers who are making significant headway to expose and change all of these things, and provide them with another visible platform to discuss their latest efforts.

Once this gets going, I will let everyone know the URL.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SoozeCat For This Useful Post:
ilovehim09 (08-04-2012), katydidit17 (08-04-2012), RaRi (08-10-2012)
Old 10-06-2012, 10:50 AM

Any news here?
Old 10-11-2012, 05:31 PM

I love this, once again very important for everyone to vote....we can make a difference....the ways that laws are written, the tragedies our loved ones have suffered do to judges prosecutors and plenty of other ppl. We put these ppl in charge of our lives and we need to use our right to vote....get out there and vote...make a difference.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:50 PM

The case currently pending, the prosecutor is now saying take a lie detector test and if he passes, he will drop charges and the girl gets off free. They want to send him to bowling green for lie detector test.

If he fails then he will use it in court(but inadmissable)

I told him to only let the BCI conduct a lie detector test. BCI goes around training the law enforcement agencies, and they are more neutral, and not one sided. I can't say why I know this

So I do not trust who and where they are wanting to send him in bowling green. Plus have no clue who is preparing the questions. so he will refuse the test.