Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NORTH CAROLINA > North Carolina Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

North Carolina Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the North Carolina Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 10-25-2016, 12:41 PM

Default On probation for misdemeanor in NC, how can I get approved for visits?

Hey, my name is Crystal. My husband is currently pulling a 7 year sentence in a NC DOC and I have not been able to see him since he has been sentenced due to the fact that I am on probation for a misdeamnor crime and I am wondering if there is any way around the disapproval of visitation due to being on probation. Any help with this is welcomed and this is a very stressful situation for the both of us. The crime that he is serving for has nothing to do with why I am on probation.

Thanks
Crystal
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2016, 08:24 AM

Have you spoke to the prison warden or someone in charge of visitation?

Old 10-31-2016, 08:29 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 34,207 Times in 15,740 Posts

I had the same issue a few years back here in ky, only my probation was felony. After being denied, I wrote the Warden and included a letter from my PO giving me his permission to visit. The Warden then approved my visitation. Good luck!!

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 10-31-2016, 08:45 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,047 Times in 1,719 Posts

What prison is he at? Mine is at Harnett and they were even a little strict about my special visit (I'm coming from Europe) and they wouldn't give me even three days in a row...