Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Prison Talk Does your issue not fit into another forum? Post it here. Find support, answers and assistance.

View Poll Results: How much $ do u invest in your man monthly?
less than $10 a month 71 12.01%
$20 - $50 122 20.64%
$60 - $200 263 44.50%
more than $200 monthly 135 22.84%
Voters: 591. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-24-2014, 10:31 AM

I send Mike 50.00 a month, and put 50.00 more on the phone. When his Mother is healthier, and I can go back to work, he will get a lot more.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2014, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonalovesMiguel View Post
Just out of interest, how much money do u ladies put on your love's books monthly? Does he "expect" you to send him money on regular basis and does he appreciate every penny? Feel free to share
I put 0.00 now since I found out he writes another women and recycles fake love letters. Let them take care of him.
Old 03-06-2014, 02:05 PM

I posted this on Beaumont topic ( sorry ) but i think it should be here ?..
Hi all I'm new , my name is Jenny
I have a question . Basically iv been writing a man in FCC beaumonet and I felt we have a connection and he is basically my bf now .he was in prison one year and 5 months b4 we meet , so within a month or so of us meeting I have been sending him money in January 2014 I sent him 700 usd so he could spend 300 a month bc he used to call me and every call was "I need money " it got annoying and it was very disorganised and often I could not send him $ when u asked so I asked him how much do you need a month and he said 300 , that's a lot of money ... But I sent it anyway . I was intending to send him 900 usd so he could have 300 usd every month for 3 months then I'd send another 900 etc...however he nearly got into a fight bc he had opened up a store which I told him not to do bc I don't want him to mess up his chance at freedom , I'm really suspicious and untrusting of him bc he has lied to me in past and I gave serious trust issues already and it's causing me to lose a lot of love for him - I feel he may be taking advantage or taking granted that I'm a student I work very hard to send him the money bc I care about him and want him to meet his needs I'm trying to be supportive but my ever growing mistrust and him opening up a store and apparently spending 300 usd every single month in prison is beginning to make me think maybe he's on drugs or into gambling etc.. He just stalked me and said he speeds so much becomes dispute him being in prison over a year only now that I send him money he could buy boots etc...he has a lovely family so I told him I don't believe him - today he asked for more money bc it's almost his b-day although he gas 100 and some rollers on hugs account , previously he said he wanted a birthday party - I don't understand him dissent te get that he us in prison and dose he not understand how to manage money.
I'm a full time student also working and I'm beginning to get frustrated by him I now feel he is a burden and I really no longer believe him - Am I being paranoid ? Dose he need 300 a month is this what other woman normally send ? Any advice ?
The Following User Says Thank You to Jenny lopez For This Useful Post:
ririisland (11-01-2014)
Old 03-06-2014, 04:51 PM

Listen sweetheart if you have to question yourself, walk away now!!! My man barely gets 200 a month and he never asks me never has asked me for money. Spending 300 a month is really alot! He needs to learn how to save money and not go blow it all. It seems to me he is definitely using you for his own personal gain (i:e opening a store) If you really wanna know any truth about his character tell him youre not able to send him any money and see what he tells you but I dont think the outcome will be any good! Good luck to you
Dee757 (12-13-2014), ririisland (11-01-2014)
Old 03-06-2014, 05:01 PM

Thinking about this makes me sad i've spent about $800 over 7 months if not more just in minutes to talk on both sides and stamps etc I have only sent him 30 for him self :/ cause he gets mad and just sends the money back...
Old 03-06-2014, 05:19 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 20,659 Times in 7,367 Posts

I don't send him any money. None. But if we're counting phone time and the little things I send him (paper, envelopes, occasionally some stamps)...I spend maybe $25 a month? 10-12 calls a month and send/receive about 20 pieces of mail.

He tells me he doesn't need anything. Of course he wants, and he talks about those things, but because we live in different states we focus the bulk of our spending on my travel expenses to see him. That's for both of us so it's hard to say I spend that on him.

He's never asked me for money and if anything he tells me to make sure I'm taking care of my needs.
The Following User Says Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2014, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny lopez
I posted this on Beaumont topic ( sorry ) but i think it should be here ?.. Hi all I'm new , my name is Jenny I have a question . Basically iv been writing a man in FCC beaumonet and I felt we have a connection and he is basically my bf now .he was in prison one year and 5 months b4 we meet , so within a month or so of us meeting I have been sending him money in January 2014 I sent him 700 usd so he could spend 300 a month bc he used to call me and every call was "I need money " it got annoying and it was very disorganised and often I could not send him $ when u asked so I asked him how much do you need a month and he said 300 , that's a lot of money ... But I sent it anyway . I was intending to send him 900 usd so he could have 300 usd every month for 3 months then I'd send another 900 etc...however he nearly got into a fight bc he had opened up a store which I told him not to do bc I don't want him to mess up his chance at freedom , I'm really suspicious and untrusting of him bc he has lied to me in past and I gave serious trust issues already and it's causing me to lose a lot of love for him - I feel he may be taking advantage or taking granted that I'm a student I work very hard to send him the money bc I care about him and want him to meet his needs I'm trying to be supportive but my ever growing mistrust and him opening up a store and apparently spending 300 usd every single month in prison is beginning to make me think maybe he's on drugs or into gambling etc.. He just stalked me and said he speeds so much becomes dispute him being in prison over a year only now that I send him money he could buy boots etc...he has a lovely family so I told him I don't believe him - today he asked for more money bc it's almost his b-day although he gas 100 and some rollers on hugs account , previously he said he wanted a birthday party - I don't understand him dissent te get that he us in prison and dose he not understand how to manage money. I'm a full time student also working and I'm beginning to get frustrated by him I now feel he is a burden and I really no longer believe him - Am I being paranoid ? Dose he need 300 a month is this what other woman normally send ? Any advice ?
Walk away and don't look back.
Dee757 (12-13-2014)
Old 03-08-2014, 04:29 PM

I realise I'm most probably being scammed by my pen pal and I am absolutely walking away I just feel stupied and sad that it's taken this long to admit the intuition I've had ....u live and your learn right :/
Old 03-08-2014, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny lopez
I realise I'm most probably being scammed by my pen pal and I am absolutely walking away I just feel stupied and sad that it's taken this long to admit the intuition I've had ....u live and your learn right :/
It's easy to feel down about what has happened and if you are like me you will question how you could have allowed this to happen.

This can also be a moment of empowerment though. Today you stand up for yourself, feel your strength and stand with your head high. You can and will learn from this experience and draw on it in the future as a reminder of what you will not accept in your life.
lizci (04-01-2014), xxWildcatxx (04-28-2014)
Old 03-09-2014, 06:40 PM
Loving my man!

I don't send my man any. He won't let me!

"I love you
For all that you are
All that you have been
And all that you're yet to be"

The Following User Says Thank You to mr&mrssmith84 For This Useful Post:
jshane0812 (03-27-2014)
Old 03-25-2014, 12:18 PM

I send about 200-300 a month whatever I can afford really, if there is extra I give it to him
He never asks for it unless he is extremely desperate. I always ask him if he needs it and he alway says "if you have it to spare" he is always very grateful. I also put about 200 monthly on the phone.
Old 04-01-2014, 07:48 PM

I send my husband $40 a week for store
The Following User Says Thank You to HeIsMySmile For This Useful Post:
loveylove (04-28-2014)
Old 04-01-2014, 08:00 PM

However much I would if he were not in prison.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny lopez View Post
I posted this on Beaumont topic ( sorry ) but i think it should be here ?..
Hi all I'm new , my name is Jenny
I have a question . Basically iv been writing a man in FCC beaumonet and I felt we have a connection and he is basically my bf now .he was in prison one year and 5 months b4 we meet , so within a month or so of us meeting I have been sending him money in January 2014 I sent him 700 usd so he could spend 300 a month bc he used to call me and every call was "I need money " it got annoying and it was very disorganised and often I could not send him $ when u asked so I asked him how much do you need a month and he said 300 , that's a lot of money ... But I sent it anyway . I was intending to send him 900 usd so he could have 300 usd every month for 3 months then I'd send another 900 etc...however he nearly got into a fight bc he had opened up a store which I told him not to do bc I don't want him to mess up his chance at freedom , I'm really suspicious and untrusting of him bc he has lied to me in past and I gave serious trust issues already and it's causing me to lose a lot of love for him - I feel he may be taking advantage or taking granted that I'm a student I work very hard to send him the money bc I care about him and want him to meet his needs I'm trying to be supportive but my ever growing mistrust and him opening up a store and apparently spending 300 usd every single month in prison is beginning to make me think maybe he's on drugs or into gambling etc.. He just stalked me and said he speeds so much becomes dispute him being in prison over a year only now that I send him money he could buy boots etc...he has a lovely family so I told him I don't believe him - today he asked for more money bc it's almost his b-day although he gas 100 and some rollers on hugs account , previously he said he wanted a birthday party - I don't understand him dissent te get that he us in prison and dose he not understand how to manage money.
I'm a full time student also working and I'm beginning to get frustrated by him I now feel he is a burden and I really no longer believe him - Am I being paranoid ? Dose he need 300 a month is this what other woman normally send ? Any advice ?
Your heart will not lead you wrong. If in your heart...you are giving without expectation, giving should lift you higher than angel wings, my sweet.

Blessings,
Liz.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Just out of interest, how much money do u ladies put on your love's books monthly? Does he "expect" you to send him money on regular basis and does he appreciate every penny? Feel free to share

However much I want. I give from the heart without expectation.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:22 PM

I give only if it comes from my heart. If I have expectation of anything in return....it is never good to give. I treat my loved one as I would anyone else close to me in my life.
The Following User Says Thank You to lizci For This Useful Post:
Jessicasgirl (11-30-2018)
Old 04-06-2014, 10:32 AM

I've known my man since we were teens.
We got back together while he was in county.
I sent him very small amounts of money
twice when we first started chatting. I did this
without him asking and it was only $25 both
times. The whole time in county we talked
and he wrote letters to me he paid for it.
Now he's on the yard been there since Jan 2014.
Last week he called and asked me for money.
My man asked if I could send what I could
afford. He called me later the next week and
said he has called a few of his fam mbrs too.
I mailed him $50 to start and I'm sending
another $40 next week. My goal is to send
at least $100-150 per month.
Old 04-06-2014, 04:51 PM
It is what it is
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,526 Times in 2,246 Posts

Quote:
No, he doesn't expect me to send money. And I don't send money regularly/monthly. I sent him a love gift (his term) of $100 the first week of March, which he thanked me for. The last time I sent money was 4 months prior.

I'm sure he would like it very much if I were to send money monthly, but I'm in no position to do so and, quite frankly, I don't want to.

Last edited by Miss_A; 04-06-2014 at 05:02 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Miss_A For This Useful Post:
newatthis88 (06-09-2014)
Old 04-07-2014, 11:27 PM

I put 0 on his books but i do put money on his phone.
Old 04-18-2014, 03:44 PM
Amarella

I only spend on phone calls and vending machine food/drink during visits. But we do talk a LOT. By the time he gets out, we'll have spent over $10,000 on phone calls.

I spend probably $250 a month on phone calls and $100 a month for visits (includes gas and vending). And I only make $21,000 a year!

If anyone knows of another phone company for Wisconsin BESIDES Securus... please let me know! I can't stand that company. I've already filed a formal complaint on them with the BBB months ago and am about to do it again. They keep screwing me over.
Old 05-02-2014, 03:28 PM
Account Closed

Nothing! I sent $10 at Christmas and a book and I just sent him another book a few weeks ago. I get moaned at!!! It's not worth the hassle, haha! Of course he appreciates it but he's happier when I spend it on my daughter. He sent $25 worth of commissary to us for Valentines Day! Ahh...Mi Amor! I think he likes all the little cards I send him more than gifts though.
Old 05-02-2014, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anathema View Post
I use to send him 100 + a securepak and a little extra for "special occasions" until I found out hes been using MY money to call some other women he met.
This week I sent 0 next week I'll send him a bill after I visit him when I show up with NO quarters and take his damn wedding ring off his finger... Then he will be receiving a bag of peanuts which hes allergic to.

It is sad what has happened to you but this made me really laugh out loud
Old 05-28-2014, 09:31 AM

Default sending money

After EXTENSIVE research I've discovered spending limit is 320.00 a month at a Federal institution. However, medical/dental copays, phone and email are not included.
Old 05-31-2014, 07:18 AM

I don't send my boyfriend money at all only if he ask me and that's once in blue if he's parents can't send him money his family takes care of the money and food packages so I'm happy about that. For the most part I just put money on the phone, buy stamps and buy him stuff for his birthday. Even though I work full-time and to school full time he just want me to save my money.
Old 05-31-2014, 10:45 AM

I get paid every 2 weeks and send him about 300.00 every pay day sometimes more depending on what he needs. I send envelopes and stamps with every letter and we talk at least twice a day on the phone.