Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Prison Talk Does your issue not fit into another forum? Post it here. Find support, answers and assistance.

Old 08-02-2005, 08:15 PM

i just need to let it all out. iam dealing with alot right now. afer my hunny was arrested on april 12 2005 everything has seemed to fall apart. i have never been a singel mother on my own. i was roughing it. my 3 children are now in temporary foster care. iam fighting so hard to get them back with me plus iam dealing with my man in prison. its seems like nothing has gone right since that day. somedays i want to give up but i know that my family is counting on me. i start a new job tomorrow so i guess things are looking up. i just need a good friend right now i just want to know iam not the only one
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2005, 09:52 PM
Yes I'm back! :)
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,187 Times in 495 Posts

HUGS to you Shannonsgirl hang in there

Get well soon David! You are in our thoughts
Old 08-05-2005, 03:15 PM

Hi! I started the Making Peace with the Past thread a few days ago. That thread shows a lock on it. I don't know what that means. It's now Friday. I don't know how long it takes for mail to get across the country and be sorted and make it to the inmate. I mailed it last Sunday. With the support here, I really was zipping through all this. But now when all the action I can take is over, and it's "wait and see," I feel in an emotional slump. I have been able to release everything that hurt, and now my thoughts are about how this might help him after all these years. He has no contact with his family. I'm having a hard time putting it all out of my mind and focusing on the here and now. After all he did, I do want him to find his humanity again. Just need a little acknowledgement as I wait a wait that may have no answer coming, and how hard it is to let it all go now. Thanks, Jackie
Old 08-07-2005, 06:53 PM

Well, left the "need a hug" note 2.25 days ago... It must just be hard for everyone to relate to my particular "deal." I'm just having a bit of a hard time dealing with things and hoped for some input.
Old 08-08-2005, 06:42 PM
Donation Award 

Sorry Jackiesk I didn't see this until today! I hope you can find peace and that you get an answer from him if that is what you are seeking.You are a strong woman for sending the letter

Big Big (((HUGS))) to you

Last edited by California Sunshine; 08-08-2005 at 06:47 PM..
Old 08-08-2005, 07:13 PM
Always Remembered

PTO Super Moderator Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 

Thanked 30,826 Times in 11,077 Posts

Just stopping in to pass along hugs!! I've had a great week, so I've got lots of extras to go around. Synchronicity is great.

Consider yourselves hugged!

Jackie - I was a single parent for years - it sucks, but it's what you gotta do. Write him another letter - what the heck, he'll enjoy getting an extra. Hope your new job gives you a lift.
Old 08-08-2005, 07:21 PM
Always Remembered

PTO Super Moderator Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 

Thanked 30,826 Times in 11,077 Posts

Sorry - I was so looy-happy I combined two of you - Shannons, the stuff about the job was meant for you, and Jackiesk, yours was the letter thing.

Hugs all around!!
Old 08-09-2005, 10:25 AM
Immanuel-God With Us

I feel really bad today (mentally and emotionally). My faith is wavering. My son's appeal was denied. He called and was very angry, of course. I asked him had he been reading the letters I sent him and he said "hell no". What? In my letters I had been telling him that this whole situation is in God's hands and to prepare himself in case the appeal was denied. That God has a purpose and reason for this and for him to trust God. Before all of this he said he had been attending church, reading his Bible, etc. In the back of my mind I knew or thought that his "transformation" may have been superficial and sure enough it was. Once again, I saw my son for how he is and it hurt deeply. It's time for me to let go of him as a support system for my own peace of mind. I'm sorry that he is in prison, but if he would have listened in the first place. I no longer want to feel "trapped" by my son being incarcerated. I am tired of hearing about Courts, judges, jails, etc. He has been incarcerated since Feb. 05 (arrest); sentenced (5/05). Thanks for the opportunity to vent. I needed to get it out, here is the only place where you can talk about it. Friends and family don't get it.
Old 08-10-2005, 02:39 PM

dear Lillybee,

I'm so sorry for you discouragement. I have a teen son. And when things are going smoothely, he shares his deep feelings about his faith. But when he feels angry with life, ie God, he lashes out, shuts me out. Sounds like your son is having a very natural, angry reaction to having to stand and take something he doesn't want. I think we all do that, I know I do, and I love the Lord and am an inspirational writer. But when I am angry with God, the last thing I want is for somebody telling me how "right" God is. Sometimes we just need to be heard, even when we are totally wrong. God's not afraid of our honesty, he doesn't have any ego problems. I know the "mother's heart" and we want our sons to listen to the truth like they did as little boys. But sons need to set themselves apart from their mothers as they grow, and they aren't very sensitive about it usually. I know how it hurts me, and I empathize so much with you! But, be encouraged. Don't be trapped by his circumstances. Just be there with a listening ear to his anger, and try to do what I do, which isn't easy. Bite our tongues! It's good that he is reacting. He has a relationship with God, and is mad at "daddy" right now. Don't stop supporting him. Just keep some boundaries to protect your heart, encourage him when you can, and keep turning it over to God. It may be a long time before he settles into a mature relationship with God, but with your gentle support, and prayer, he will. God bless you. Jackie
Old 08-11-2005, 12:42 PM
Donation Award 

(((HUGS)))) Lillybee

Old 08-12-2005, 07:39 PM
The Luv Of My Life JOSE

Well Ive Been Crying Since Yesterday.... For Those Of You Who Havent Read My Threads Or Post.... Well I Had 23 Days For The Love Of My Life To Come Home, I Was So Excited After 4 Yrs.... Well I Found Out Yesterday That He Got 91 Days Added Which Means He Comes Home Sometime In December....
I Have No Moral Support Out Here So All My Family At Pto Plz Give Me Encouragement.... I Need A Lot Of Love And Support.... Not To Mention Hugs Lots Of Hugs,,,, Maybe Even A Shoulder To Cry On....
Thanks A Million..... Luv You Guys....
Lisa (yogizgirl96)
Old 08-12-2005, 08:10 PM
Closed

Unhappy

((((((Lisa))))) Hugs, honey! How awful for you! I can only imagine how devastated you must be! You just PM me anytime, I'll give ya my IM info too. Even if all I can do is cry with you, please know I AM thinking about you and support you!
Old 08-13-2005, 12:20 PM
Donation Award 

Yogiz (((HUGS))))

I could use some hugs today as well! Been feeling really down lately

Old 08-20-2005, 08:44 AM
BabyGirl254

Location: originally from Texas but in Florida at the moment!

Hello everyone i could use a hug right about now well tommorow is my birthday and it's another birthday without my fiance! I'm just having one of those days i miss him so much I just wish he could be here with me thanks for listening and caring and to all of you out there that needs a hug also i'm sending them in everyones direction
Old 08-20-2005, 12:01 PM
Donation Award 

HUGS Babygirl

Old 08-29-2005, 08:04 AM

Unhappy yes a hug is needed

A hug is surely appreciated, Yesterday my man got very upset with me, Normally I'm out of work by 3pm on sunday, but yesterday I got stuck working longer and he had tried to call at 3pm, and when I didn't answer he got upset.
When he finally did call back, he was furious, he finally calmed down after I explained I had to work later and that I could'nt just pick up the phone and call him and let him know.I realize it's frustrating for him to wait to call me and I don't answer, but he has to realize things happen.
He did apologize but it hurt so bad to work all day and then get accused of crap and having him be so furious over me working later.
Thanks for listening ...
Old 08-29-2005, 08:15 AM
Peaceful
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,089 Times in 568 Posts

angel - Perhaps if it is possible you could tell him ahead of time, if I don't answer the phone it means I got stuck at work and to please keep trying to call back, if he is able that is.

The same thing happened to me yesterday, I got stuck at work, but my husband kept calling until he reached me. He was not mad, as he understands my job is good at doing this to me.

Hugs to you. Hopefully, you can set him straight.
May she rest in peace.

~ PTO Administrators and Staff

Old 08-31-2005, 01:25 PM

Default When will I get relief

It seem like this is my daily prayer. In need of a Hug on Monday Ii was in a car accident with the kids and they started to cry for their daddy. I have not heard his voice in over two months, the car is damage. The gas price are rising and this weekdn I was suppose to make the long drive from Georgia to Florida so my children can see their father and it looks like we won't be able to afford it. It has been over a year since he last saw his son since our son was away at school and the young two as well as myself have not seen him since July.
Old 08-31-2005, 07:03 PM
Donation Award 

Angel,Baby and Tiger

Old 09-01-2005, 01:07 PM
Love you DMO

Unhappy Worried....

I really new to this but I have to get this out..... I married the love of my life, July 22nd of this year knowing he was going to jail, boot camp, or prison.. We went to court 3 times before they knew what to do with him (which was a GOOD month an a half). So August 18th they took him to jail (LCJ), where he stayed there until this last Tuesday (8-30-05). Now is the hardest time for my not being able to talk to him and not knowing where he is and where there going to take him.... I miss him SO much!!!!
Thanks for listening, I feel alittle better....

Daniel it's gonna be a rough ride, but well worth it!!
I MISS YOU BABE

Old 09-01-2005, 10:37 PM
Donation Award 

HUGS to you Cassie

Old 09-01-2005, 10:48 PM
Peaceful
Donation Award 

I need a hug, or I should say my head needs a big hug, more like a squeeze. I have one of my violent headaches, so if you could just reach through the screen and squeeze real hard, I might be able to go to sleep. Thanks and hugs to all of the rest of you needing them tonight as well.
May she rest in peace.

Old 09-02-2005, 12:29 AM
the bosses wife

*sigh* this might be long guys..
well my man has been locked up since late may in county,awaiting court for a bunch of handgun an attempted assault cahrges that arent even his fault,but he dosent wanna be a snitch so he keeps his mouth closed,i havent seen him since probably march because he used to hustle around tha clock an before he got locked up he had this little fling with this girl an broke my heart with that,an sometimes i still have doubts even though i shouldnt because i know he loves me an i know im tha only one he talks to,i've got such a bad headache now because i seen my phone bill today and it's nearly 500 dollars an im so mad that i cant talk to him how i want to,i really hate this..plus i cant see him because i cant see him behind glass,i would break down not being able to touch him an hug him..an me an him are finally on good terms for tha first time in nearly a year,he's finally saying 'i love you' on a regular basis..an we cant even see each other,he dosent know how long he will get it could be 18 months..could be 5 years ..could be more.. ..and it hurts so bad because im in love with him so hard an i wish i could see him an start a life with him an get away from here..i was cryin my eyes out last nite because i was listening ta stuff like 'must be nice' by Lyfe jennings an some other songs..just wishing we could be together..it just hurts really bad..i just want this to be over an him be out..*sigh* thanks ta whoever read alla that..lol

Old 09-08-2005, 05:31 PM
Closed

Its been a crappy day, work sucks, moneys short (payday was yesterday!!) and I miss Eddie so bad that it aches! I just feel so yucky today!

I need a hug!
Old 09-08-2005, 07:42 PM
Peaceful
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiegirl813
Its been a crappy day, work sucks, moneys short (payday was yesterday!!) and I miss Eddie so bad that it aches! I just feel so yucky today!

I need a hug!
I can identify completely. Here is a big HUG for you and all of the others in need of it.

The bright side is today is almost over with and hopefully tomorrow will be a brighter one for us all. At least it is TGIF day and for some lucky ones that is a good thing and one day closer to visitation.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<HUGS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
May she rest in peace.

The Following User Says Thank You to babygirl350 For This Useful Post:
Ladye7680 (04-04-2013)