Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > PENNSYLVANIA > Pennsylvania Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Pennsylvania Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service All information relating to parole, probation, halfway houses, community service and electronic monitoring in Pennsylvania should be posted here.

Old 02-15-2019, 08:43 PM

Default Parole: No homeplan, could he stay at a hotel until he can get a place?

My fiance is getting parole Jan 6th 2020 he is in sci albion right now and i live in warren pa but he doesn't have a place to put down and he can't stay with me cause I live with my parents and we have no room and is there a place they can let him stay at for a short time til he's able to get a apartment could he stay at a hotel for a short time til he's able to get a place any information can help thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2019, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlkkk2001 View Post
My fiance is getting parole Jan 6th 2020 he is in sci albion right now and i live in warren pa but he doesn't have a place to put down and he can't stay with me cause I live with my parents and we have no room and is there a place they can let him stay at for a short time til he's able to get a apartment could he stay at a hotel for a short time til he's able to get a place any information can help thanks

Normally when a PO investigates a Home Plan submitted by an inmate for parole consideration last I knew a hotel would not be acceptable. It has to be either an apartment, boarding house room or home that the inmate lives in and also from last I heard the parolee would have to be allowed to stay there for at least minimum of six months.

If the parolee would be living in a rented apartment/house by themselves the landlord must agree to it (the parolee would have their own lease). If the parolee is living with someone who is living in a rented apartment/house the landlord must not only agree to it but also be willing to add the parolee's name to the lease. If the parolee will be living with someone who owns their own home then the owner must agree to it in writing (owner fills out the home plan form).

This is the last I know of for regulations. Overall, it is mainly up to the PO who will be supervising the parolee who will be doing the home plan investigation when the time comes.

You may want to look at rooming/boarding houses where the room is rented and the rest of the house is shared by all of the boarders. This is usually a more economical solution for the parolee but will most likely require a deposit to the landlord to hold the room while the home plan is investigated and up until the parolee is released which could be a few months.

I had to rent a room in a boarding house when I was released. One flat fee per month and everything was included except for food.
The Following User Says Thank You to waitinguntil001 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (02-18-2019)
Old 02-20-2019, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitinguntil001 View Post
Normally when a PO investigates a Home Plan submitted by an inmate for parole consideration last I knew a hotel would not be acceptable. It has to be either an apartment, boarding house room or home that the inmate lives in and also from last I heard the parolee would have to be allowed to stay there for at least minimum of six months.

If the parolee would be living in a rented apartment/house by themselves the landlord must agree to it (the parolee would have their own lease). If the parolee is living with someone who is living in a rented apartment/house the landlord must not only agree to it but also be willing to add the parolee's name to the lease. If the parolee will be living with someone who owns their own home then the owner must agree to it in writing (owner fills out the home plan form).

This is the last I know of for regulations. Overall, it is mainly up to the PO who will be supervising the parolee who will be doing the home plan investigation when the time comes.

You may want to look at rooming/boarding houses where the room is rented and the rest of the house is shared by all of the boarders. This is usually a more economical solution for the parolee but will most likely require a deposit to the landlord to hold the room while the home plan is investigated and up until the parolee is released which could be a few months.

I had to rent a room in a boarding house when I was released. One flat fee per month and everything was included except for food.

I called a boarding house they said they would allow him to stay there they had many ppl both men and women who have been on probation and parole stay there . The guy said he didn't care and was willing to work out payments with us and stuff and just let him know when my man woukd be coming so I am glad I found something